Easter menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had our Easter dinner yesterday... Roast leg of lamb, ham (father-in-law doesn't like lamb), roasted potatoes and vegetables, homemade bread, three different salads, and enough appetizers to feed an army. I am dealing with the leftovers today.

img_1127358_0_aeeb9768416d44d77838be9d7bb2dad4.jpg

We had our Easter dinner yesterday... Roast leg of lamb, ham (father-in-law doesn't like lamb), roasted potatoes and vegetables, homemade bread, three different salads, and enough appetizers to feed an army. I am dealing with the leftovers today.

img_1127360_0_aeeb9768416d44d77838be9d7bb2dad4.jpg

beea-utiful table, steve--and the kind of leftovers dreams are made of....:yum::)

Happy Easter everyone!!

Breakfast was Easter Meat pie

img_1127362_0_8fc874b484a802bc56b80c0ee7af7948.jpg

img_1127362_1_7e24083e385aeee5612c196fa49d783e.jpg

And Cheesecake (will be topped with cherries when served) will be dessert.

img_1127362_2_a02b5b4069f8b097c30f058f40c071c4.jpg

Dinner will be turkey, stuffing, potatoes, gravy and asparagus. I may make stuffed mushrooms.

Dinner is this afternoon at BIL's. It' either ham dinner or we are grilling out. I vote for the latter. I suspect it's not an electoral process and I am grateful just to spend the day with our family.

I am bringing a simple appie on stix-- marinated baby tomatoes, sugar snap peas and cheese tortellinis. I've never tasted a cheese tortellini. The recipe said to marinate in a very dijon garlicky dressing. I thought the cheese tortellini's seemed a little bland. So I am marinating them in an organic pesto I picked up at the market. Now, They are looking a wee bit messy. I guess after plating, I will bury them under a mound of fresh grated parmesan if necessary. Well, they Taste better than they look.

Here's a concept picture, oriiginally from Southern Living. Saw this on two websites, which is why it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Enjoy the day friends !!

Attachments

• tortellini-skewers sl.jpg
    tortellini-skewers sl.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 544
Whiskadoodle,

Happy Easter ...

I love cheese tortellini, and then again, all Italians do ...

Are they warm ? Are they cool ?

If they are warm, the Dijon is sweating ... Are they cool ? Are they a dry variety boiled or an Egg Variety ?

Since you have never tasted: they are not similar to a spaghetti in texture and have a bit of a firm texture to the bite, and they are usually stuffed with a mild ricotta probably ... if not home made ...

Happy Easter --- looks very pretty on a skewer !!

The ready made Pesto could of been put on at last minute when guests arrive --- and then the freshly grated cheese individually ! it is impacting to watch too ...

Margi

Last edited:
I love cheese tortellini, and then again, all Italians do ...

Are they warm ? Are they cool ?

"If they are warm, the Dijon is sweating ... Are they cool ? Are they a dry variety boiled or an Egg Variety ?

Since you have never tasted: they are not similar to a spaghetti in texture and have a bit of a firm texture to the bite, and they are usually stuffed with a mild ricotta probably ... if not home made "

Margi, these are fresh vaccuum packed 4 cheese tortellini's and are I cooked them for a brief time. The pasta is fine, I thought there would be more flavor in the filling. It is indeed ricotta, with paremsan and romano. I have had some wonderfully flavored ravioli, and I thought they might be more like that.... I am not disappointed and they will be fine.

It is marinating in the refrigerator and is served at room temp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whiskadoodle,

Ravioli are quite a bit bigger, so they have more filling than tortellini ... I truly like the presentation ... and idea ... The next time, perhaps a tortellini with a Proscuitto and Cheese filling !

Happy Easter.
Margi.

" The next time, perhaps a tortellini with a Proscuitto and Cheese filling ! "

I Like This Idea !!

I tend to twitch and pace when all I am asked to contribute towards dinner is an appetizer. I know there will be fruit, cheese, and veggie trays too. And Chocolate. First, I want it to look nice so that one wants to taste it.

The skewers were marinating in a fairly heavy layer/ coating of the pesto. Most of that fell off when I plated them. That is good. ( I can use the remaining pesto for a dish at home next week. Ha!) Basil is not yet in season here, in an affordable quantity to make pesto. I found an organic/ no additives pesto at a market. It has a nice summertime flavor.

When I plated the skewers, they look nice arranged on this tray from my depression glass collection. I rested the skewers on a thin bed of shredded parmesan and just gave a light dusting across the top.
Voila'-- good to go.

Attachments

• jeannette_cherry_blossom_green_oval_platter.jpg
    jeannette_cherry_blossom_green_oval_platter.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 143
Whiskadoodle,

We all get nervous when we have to do a presentation ... it is human ... I love the depression glass ... it is lovely and I am sure those tortellini are scrumptuous ... just observe and see them disappear, the minute you lay the platter down !

I like the sprinkle of the cheese of course !!! Good luck ...

Let us all know how it went ...

Happy Holidays and thanks so much for your posts.
Margi.

Last edited:
Today's dinner is maple and brown sugar ham, smoked kielbasa, fresh kielbasa. scalloped potatoes, carrots, asparagus, green beans, biscuits, and babkka bread. Pear pie for dessert. The ham and potatoes are in the oven and I'm outside enjoying the weather while dinner cooks.

I had Deer Wellington with asparagus and a salad.

30377-albums858-picture4708.jpg

That bad boy was a lot of work and we will be eating on it a while. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom