Easter menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dengirl

Assistant Cook
I Am going to try to bake an unleavened bread this weekend for our Easter dinner. I have never done this. Does anyone have a good recipe to share oh and flour less cake recipes :)

I am making a flour less chocolate cake right now! Second time I'm making it. It's from William and Sonoma baking book. It's ridicules.

We are having Ham with an orange,honey Dijon glaze thanks Ina, angel biscuits.deviled eggs with truffle oil, baby spinach with avocados, sweet onion and strawberries,and parm pared into strips, smoked salmon dip on toasted Italian baguette, potatoes scalloped with 3 cheeses, green beans with pancetta, roasted asparagus with prociutto rice with onion and mushrooms for the kids and me that and Katies wonderful devils food cake easy as pie but it's heaven.
kades

Going to a friend's house for brunch. I'm taking Mountain Man breakfast along. It is a camping dish I make in the Dutch oven with potatoes, bacon, peppers, onions, eggs and cheese. She is making lots of other goodies too. I may also try making some cake balls. I haven't made those before, but they look easy and yummy!

We're going to my dad's and he's having the dinner catered! Turkey, ham, stuffing, mac and cheese, broccoli and pecan pie.

kadesma said:
We are having Ham with an orange,honey Dijon glaze thanks Ina, angel biscuits.deviled eggs with truffle oil, baby spinach with avocados, sweet onion and strawberries,and parm pared into strips, smoked salmon dip on toasted Italian baguette, potatoes scalloped with 3 cheeses, green beans with pancetta, roasted asparagus with prociutto rice with onion and mushrooms for the kids and me that and Katies wonderful devils food cake easy as pie but it's heaven.
kades

Your house is sounding tummy :)

jabbur said:
We're going to my dad's and he's having the dinner catered! Turkey, ham, stuffing, mac and cheese, broccoli and pecan pie.

Don't get better than no work :)

kadesma said:
kades

I am baking a orange glazed ham, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, unleavened bread, and blackberry chocolate flour less cake

We're having honey-glazed ham. It's coated with honey and baked all night on a very low temp. Then, I think I'll make some macaroni and cheese, green beans, something with yellow squash and maybe something else. I just finished making our blood orange cheesecake that we'll have for dessert. The cake base tasted fabulous when I sampled it. I'm looking forward to our meal.

We are planning a 10K bike ride tomorrow, our Easter Dinner will be the soup and salad bar at The Good Food Store, at the halfway point. Spending the day along the river sounds like a good day.

roasted leg of lamb and a braised leg of kid, roasted potatoes, tomatoes and asparagus, tdziki,

before hand, hummus, olives, grape leaves, feta, pita

afterwards, almond cake

15 for dinner

roasted leg of lamb and a braised leg of kid,

the latter a student, perhaps? :cool:

mom wouldn't accept any help this time, so she's making a ham. also appys of shrimp cocktail and a cheese platter (because it ain't a holiday in my family without shrimp cocktail and cheese, mustards, and crackers). irish cheddar for sure, probably a port wine cheese, and some scandinavian ones i can't pronounce. spring onions, radishes, celery, and other raw root veggies.
dw made the mistake of offering to bring the slovakian/polish traditional easter cheese, aka mother's or farmer's cheese. it's a very young cheese that is relatively bland. mom talked her out of it, lol.

we're bringing polish rye bread, lekvar and regular babka, potato salad, cole slaw, and if i have time to make it, escarole and bean soup.

just no cheese.

Easter Menu

I'm doing a Sunday roast. Leg of lamb in the oven now, slow roasting, to have with roast potatoes, sprouts, carrot turnips and parsnips (root mash), plus fab gravy.

Followed by Nigella's Easter Egg Nest Cake - which is flourless and gluten free, light as a feather, very chocolatey!

Attachments

• Easter Egg nest.jpg
    Easter Egg nest.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 147
Happy Easter Everyone,

Firstly, we shall be having Prosecco for an aperitif ...

Our starter is a simple cocktail gazpacho served warm; of a Fresh White Asparagus Cream served in Martini stemware with lovely Prawns hanging over the stemware rims ...

Then there is a Green salad of magenta serrated edged lollo rosso varieties and green curly lettuce varieties and arugula or rocket as called in the UK and field greens, in a simple Evoo and red wine vinaigrette with shavings of Pecorino ...

The next dish, has been made for my Grandsons, who are veered toward eggplant and love Grandmom´s ; and it is Melanzane di Lecce, a baked eggplant lasagne filled with cheeses typical of Lecce, a village in Apulia.

The main course is Abruzzi designation of origin herb & evoo marinated milk fed baby lamb ( posted in the Lamb Section ) ... It is a traditional meal in this part of Italia, where we are vacationing at our condo.

Dessert: gelato ... Creamy orange and / or lemon
with almond biscotti ... and espresso or cappucchino ...

Happy holidays and thanks for great posts.
Margi.

I have special repute i my community for making traditional Grandma Coffee cake at home. I decorate it with colorful home made whip cream that i made with [FONT=&quot]Cream Canisters.[/FONT]

Shubh,

Happy Easter.

Coffee cake ! Is this a coffee cake crumble ?

I love coffee, in any form, espresso, icecream, coffee candy, tiramisu, cappucchino and crumble coffee cake !

Is this posted on D.C. in one of the dessert sections ?

Would it be possible to have the recipe and the history behind it ?

Thanks so much.

Margi. Cintrano.

Last edited:
Country style ribs, mashed potatoes, corn on the cobb, asparagus, deviled eggs, rolls and a french silk pie

Happy Easter everyone :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom