"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 11-10-2010, 01:42 PM   #11
Senior Cook

I remember the results from the easy bake oven being pretty darn good too when I was a kid! However, my oldest (5 years old) will be getting a cookbook for Christmas. Specifically, this one. My mom is making matching aprons for me and my 3 girls for Christmas too :) I've also seen child-sized kitchen utensil sets too like wooden spoons, whisk, spatula, etc. There's a lot our there for kids these days in the kitchen/culinary department. Definitely a good thing!

Old 11-10-2010, 01:56 PM   #12
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I clearly remember my Easy Bake Oven and how soon I advanced to the real thing. However, I did not have a parent that liked to cook or bake. I think that is the kicker, having a mentor. Everything I learned I taught myself, lots of trail and error. By the time I hit the age for Home Ec and 4-H, I was already a cook and baker.
I loved my Easy Bake to! It was the blue one. My mom hardly ever baked. She didn't even like to cook. To this day I have yet to advance beyond that EBO in baking. Ok I got kicked out of Home Ec class. Refused to sew an apron. LOL! Who gets kicked out of a class like that? ME!

Munky.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:20 PM   #13
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4meandthem View Post
Yes,and the 100w clear incandecent bulb is getting hard to find these days.
And you can't use a CFL. Say so long to the EBO.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:04 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
I loved my Easy Bake to! It was the blue one. My mom hardly ever baked. She didn't even like to cook. To this day I have yet to advance beyond that EBO in baking. Ok I got kicked out of Home Ec class. Refused to sew an apron. LOL! Who gets kicked out of a class like that? ME!

Munky.

munky, i almost got kicked out. were told to make the apron with the ruffles. even as a sophomore i know that was not something i would ever wear to cook in. made a lot of noise, did i, but stopped short of rebellion.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:42 PM   #15
Assistant Cook

my 7 year old got one.. uuuugh! (and YUCK!) the sponge bob cake and the "brownies" and the frosting.. its all just tasteless. Ok,.. its not. it tastes like thick, wet cardboard. But she made it herself and thinks its all delicious. And we act like it is when she makes us try it too! I have now sent it over to grandma's house for when she goes over there,.... to share the joy! LOL. (grandma really appreciated it! - just a little payback for buying my daugher a mini guitar, marraccas, a drum thingy, a recorder... )
angelfadedblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:57 AM   #16
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post

Munky.
I didn't get kicked out, but I "helped" the teacher by showing her easier ways to do things. They weren't in the teaching plan, even if they made more sense. And I absolutely would not cook with margarine, I brought my own butter when she wouldn't/couldn't get it for me. My Hollandaise tasted better!
Old 11-11-2010, 12:59 AM   #17
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfadedblue View Post
(grandma really appreciated it! - just a little payback for buying my daugher a mini guitar, marraccas, a drum thingy, a recorder... )
LOL! I'm the bad Aunt, I buy those things for my nephews!
Old 11-12-2010, 12:15 AM   #18
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
LOL! I'm the bad Aunt, I buy those things for my nephews!
oh, Evil!
angelfadedblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:15 AM   #19
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfadedblue View Post
oh, Evil!
Best thing is, my sister can't pay me back in kind. Of course, she could always send the boys to me for the summer...but I bet I can tolerate it better than she can.