Easy Bake Oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4meandthem

Half Baked
I bought an Easy Bake Oven for my 9yr old Daughter this year.I bet there are a few of you looking at them for Daughters or Granddaughters too.
I am not impressed at all. My daughters does have fun with it but the things that are made out of it are terrible and next to impossible to get descent results with.We tried together a few times and she has used it by herself too.I also found some websites for making your own mixes and some gourmet recipes but I am not happy with anything yet.

IMHO I think we will just stick to cooking together with the real stuff.We have more fun and the results are edible.

A better gift would have been an apron and a kid freindly cookbook or cheap toaster oven she could call her own.Adult supervision is pretty much needed for either anyway.

I clearly remember my Easy Bake Oven and how soon I advanced to the real thing. However, I did not have a parent that liked to cook or bake. I think that is the kicker, having a mentor. Everything I learned I taught myself, lots of trail and error. By the time I hit the age for Home Ec and 4-H, I was already a cook and baker.

The worst thing about an Easy Bake oven is that the parent has to eat the results and love them.

well, you said you daughter enjoys it, so thats what matters...and good for you for encouraging her to learn

also, i remember trying an easybake oven when i was a kid, and thinking the results were pretty good....maybe i was just a dumb kid

I remember the results from the easy bake oven being pretty darn good too when I was a kid! However, my oldest (5 years old) will be getting a cookbook for Christmas. Specifically, this one. My mom is making matching aprons for me and my 3 girls for Christmas too :) I've also seen child-sized kitchen utensil sets too like wooden spoons, whisk, spatula, etc. There's a lot our there for kids these days in the kitchen/culinary department. Definitely a good thing!

I clearly remember my Easy Bake Oven and how soon I advanced to the real thing. However, I did not have a parent that liked to cook or bake. I think that is the kicker, having a mentor. Everything I learned I taught myself, lots of trail and error. By the time I hit the age for Home Ec and 4-H, I was already a cook and baker.

I loved my Easy Bake to! It was the blue one. My mom hardly ever baked. She didn't even like to cook. To this day I have yet to advance beyond that EBO in baking. Ok I got kicked out of Home Ec class. Refused to sew an apron. LOL! Who gets kicked out of a class like that? ME! :ROFLMAO:

Munky.

I loved my Easy Bake to! It was the blue one. My mom hardly ever baked. She didn't even like to cook. To this day I have yet to advance beyond that EBO in baking. Ok I got kicked out of Home Ec class. Refused to sew an apron. LOL! Who gets kicked out of a class like that? ME! :ROFLMAO:

Munky.

munky, i almost got kicked out. were told to make the apron with the ruffles. even as a sophomore i know that was not something i would ever wear to cook in. made a lot of noise, did i, but stopped short of rebellion.

my 7 year old got one.. uuuugh! (and YUCK!) the sponge bob cake and the "brownies" and the frosting.. its all just tasteless. Ok,.. its not. it tastes like thick, wet cardboard. But she made it herself and thinks its all delicious. And we act like it is when she makes us try it too! I have now sent it over to grandma's house for when she goes over there,.... to share the joy! LOL. (grandma really appreciated it! - just a little payback for buying my daugher a mini guitar, marraccas, a drum thingy, a recorder... )

Munky.

I didn't get kicked out, but I "helped" the teacher by showing her easier ways to do things. They weren't in the teaching plan, even if they made more sense. And I absolutely would not cook with margarine, I brought my own butter when she wouldn't/couldn't get it for me. My Hollandaise tasted better!:ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom