easy simple dinners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sarah 1426

Cook
Hi.
Okay it’s Sarah. I haven’t been on in a while but we moved and I am getting a new computer this week sometime (whenever they deliver it) so I haven’t had internet access.
Anyway, my question is, I was wondering if anyone had any recipes for quick easy dinners. We only have a tiny refrigerator in the garage until the end of the week and the stove is very old and I am afraid to use it, though I think it works. (they are delivering a fridge and stove at the end of the week) But my question is, what are some good easy dinners I could do with my situation (BTW to get to the fridge you have to go up and down stairs…I know its good exercise but I hate doing it…lol…)

Thanks!

I'd stick with salads... you can by pre-roasted chicken to add if you want.
or
make some tuna and have a nice sandwich.
or
if you have a stove soup is always nice, pick up some French bread to go along with it.

Good luck
and enjoy
your new home!

Sounds like a perfect time to get "take out" burgers and fries, tacos and burritos, KFC chicken, Asian, whatever .... without ANY guilt. You can make up for you sins breaking in your new stove when you get it. ;)

Corned beef & cabbage in the crock pot! Or you can use new potatoes if you don't care for cabbage. Nice & easy, and just the crock pot. :)

Do you have an electric skillet? If so, you can fry up some pork ribs, chops or cutlets in the that, then cover with saurkraut and simmer til the pork is tender. Everyone I cook that for really likes it.

Georgia is pretty warm (does it even freeze there?)...

Grilling dininer on a barbeque/barbecue (sp?) is pretty simple, and, of course, delicious...few enough fruits or veggies that don't match up with the method!

And you are probably not "fully kitted out" with home amenities, so "picnicking" in this fashion, in a new home may give you some happy memories of moving in...

Tinfoil cookware and paper plates if necessary...but good, honest food, and some fun in preparing it, let alone "practice" for the summer season to come!

Have a bunch of fun, and congrats on the new residence!

Lifter

one thing is pasta.
a box of angelhair, a jar of pesto. dry goods.
a box of fettucini, a 1/2 pt. whipping cream, some garlic, a wedge of parm.
very compact. butter. oops, i forgot about that.
spaghetti, a can of tomato sauce or your favorite kind of canned tomato, some dried herbs like basil, oregano, a little salt, etc., plus garlic for a quick sauce. fridge-free.
peanut butter sandwiches! cereal! just keep a quart of milk available.
you might try shopping daily?
canned beans cooked with some ham, and some red pepper flakes or hot sauce, plus a big hunk of buttered Italian bread, would make a great dinner. filling and delicious.you can buy a 6-pk. of eggs instead of a dozen.
meat is flat and can be stored in a small space.
as for drinks, buy cans or indicidual bottles and put a few in at a time.
that's all i can think of for now.
bye!

Thank you, kitchen elf!!!! I was astonished to move to Virginia and live in the southeast, and learn that barbecue sometimes mean boiled meat served in barbecue sauce!!! To me barbecue meant something cooked over an open flame. I only recently (oh, dear, I'm getting old. In the past 15 years) learned that what many people call "barbecue" means, to me, smoked. What I call barbecued means to southerners, 'grilled'. Oh, dear. woe is me. I used to call the thing out back a barbecue pit. What do you call it now? I did learn that, strange as it seems, what I love most is called "Canadian Barbecue" (chicken halves cooked on coals or wood)(no, not smoked) or "Santa Maria Barbecue" (a childhood favorite of tri tips and Pinquito beans. The beans are chili beans, I might add, made with chili spices and sometimes ground beef). Oh dear oh me. How to keep up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom