Everything Bagel Seasoning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Linda0818

Head Chef
I recently ordered "everything bagel seasoning" (Trader Joe's) because I saw in one of my Eating Well magazines that it's great on hard-cooked eggs.

So it got me thinking... what else can you use this on? Since I'm new to the "everything bagel seasoning" thing, I wanted to ask what you all use it on so I can get some new ideas.

:chef:

I like to sprinkle it on tossed oil and vinegar dressed salad.

It's good on any kind of bread - toasted bagel on top of cream cheese; rolls dipped in water, then seasoning, then baked; burger buns, same treatment.

I'd also try it lightly sprinkled on pork chops, boneless chicken and pan-roasted potatoes. Or in rice. Or mixed into pasta with olive oil.

Also mixed in olive oil, salt, pepper, grated parm and romano cheese to dip bread in.

I follow an Aldi FB page and this has exploded on there..

Will pick some up, next shopping trip, assuming its in stock.. All 3 local Aldi stores are hit & miss..

Ross

Food Network mag. says to sprinkle it on scrambled eggs, popcorn, mac and cheese, Bloody Mary's, cheese balls.

And then in a later edition, they have recipes for making Pigs in a Blanket, Hummus, Cheese Balls, Cheese Straws, Spiced Nuts, and my favorite, Deviled Eggs.

Linda, although I like the Trader Joe product, I thought I could do it better so I came up with this recipe several months ago. I've made several batches of it since last January and we use it often. My favorite use is on our nightly green salads, not to mention adorning our every Sunday morning Lox and Bagels.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f132/everything-bagel-seasoning-101491.html

Thanks for the recipe :yum:

And thanks to everyone for the ideas. I'm definitely going to try it on eggs, specifically hard-cooked and deviled.

It's essentially a zesty sesame seasoning so it can be used on many items. I find that if we leave spice mixtures out on the counter, they get used more often.

It's essentially a zesty sesame seasoning so it can be used on many items. I find that if we leave spice mixtures out on the counter, they get used more often.

That's probably a good idea because I'll buy seasonings, stick them in the spice cupboard, and forget about them.

We have used the "leave it on the counter" method. But, then we leave too many on the counter and it just doesn't work anymore.

We have used the "leave it on the counter" method. But, then we leave too many on the counter and it just doesn't work anymore.

My problem is I don't like stuff cluttering my counters. However, unless I'm specifically thinking about a particular spice I need, they're pretty much out of sight, out of mind. I've got several different spice blends that I've bought over the years thinking oooooooooo, that would be good in this and this would be good in that. But when it comes to actually making the dishes, I completely forget about the spices unless, again, I need something specific to that dish.

Happens here too, Linda..

Picked up the Bagel seasoning @ Aldi this morning.. Will see if its something I'll use frequently or a hide in the shelf kinda thingy..

Ross

I must be missing something here. The thought of having crunchy, chewy stuff on my eggs etc. isn't really appealing to me.

Back
Top Bottom