Experimental Dessert ideas.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have an idea.... cook your fish, maybe dory fish with cream. After that blend the cream with fish until a smooth paste. Fold it together with meringue and then top it on ice cream. Torch the paste with blow torch until lightly brown. Might work.... its just an idea that worth trying.

I'm sorry but I kinda' don't get this. Sweet and Sour Pork and Sesame Chicken is about as sweet as you can get but I wouldn't call it a dessert just because it's sweet.

Do you have sweet mince pies over there for christmas, the original recipe had bits of fat beef in them, know it is only suet.

Just a couple of comments on what you're trying to do. Experiments with creative and innovative recipes is good but think a little perspective has to be observed. Not all of Edison's and Tesla's experiments and inventions worked out, I.E. don't think there would be much demand for chicken angel food cake or prime rib tiramisu.
You appear to be enamored with molecular 'gastronomy' and that's fine if you like that kind of thing, but Adria and Blumenthal and all their disciples have pretty much covered all the bases and most probably have tried to come up with an edible fish dessert and the apparent lack of it on menus should tell you something about how successful they were. But by all means, keep experimenting, maybe frozen fish Oreos will be the next trend!

Sorry you are free to do whatever you pleased, me personaly, I am an old guy and I like my deserts made from lots of sugar cooies and cream. So the question I ask when i hear chicken stock or fish for desert why the hell for?
Nothing personal. Just a rent.

If you are thinking of putting this type of dessert on your menu, you might want to think of us as your customers. You're not getting a lot of encouragement.

How would you get a customer to try your dessert? The only way I could think of would be to give out free samples and ask for feedback.

It's wonderful and exciting to come up with new ideas, but as a chef, you need to think about what the customer wants, and you also need to make sure they know what they are eating in case of allergies.

Last edited:
If you are thinking of putting this type of dessert on your menu, you might want to think of us as your customers. You're not getting a lot of encouragement.

How would you get a customer to try your dessert? The only way I could think of would be to give out free samples and ask for feedback.

It's wonderful and exciting to come up with new ideas, but as a chef, you need to think about what the customer wants, and you also need to make sure they know what they are eating in case of allergies.

This isn't for a menu, just to see if I *can* do it :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom