Fake Foods we Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kraft Dinner in the States could be a box of Kraft Mac "N Cheese, or Spaghetti kit.

My less than perfect foods that I still love (and they are ridiculous foods) include Potted meat Sandwiches, Convenience Store burritos, convenience store burgers, canned cheese, Velveeta, Kraft Parmesan/Romano cheese, Vienna Sausage, Cadburry Caramello, Hostess Fruit Pies, hot dogs (any way you want to cook them, even cold), Fried Spam, Fried Bologna, Ruffles potato Chips, Soft Cheese puffs, Fried Pork Rinds, Buttery Pop corn, the deep fried burritos that Jack in the Box used to make, A big chunk of good pepperoni, Canned Corn Beef Hash, A thick slice of liverwurst, and the list could go on.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I would not say I love it, but something I like which I know others think is horrible is Cool Whip. I love real whipped cream and do not see the two as the same thing at all, but I do like the taste of Cool Whip. I even like putting it in the freezer and eating it with a spoon.

i love a spoon full as well. haven't put in freezer but i sure will now. thanks:chef:

The mac-n-cheese gets my vote. I bought some a few years ago and was appalled at how salty it was. I also used to love canned Chinese food (Chung King?). I bought it once decades ago and it was, "Oh God! I used to like this stuff?" My mother didn't "do" convenience food often, so I guess we thought it was a treat!

When we went camping, mom would buy canned beans & pork, and canned spaghetti. We would open the can and place it on the grill to warm while we grilled the meat and usually a packet of onions & butter. It tasted wonderful, then. I doubt I'd like it now!

Well if we all are confessing.... :)

Box mac-n-cheese (but not Kraft)
Ramen noodles
Jax (like puffy cheese doodles)
Wise Onion Garlic chips
Goldfish
Underwood Deviled Ham
Cadbury Eggs
Easy Cheese w/ chick-n-biscuit crackers
Capt'n Crunch
American Cheese

Cheesy poofs JAX are my favorite, but really hard to find in the south.

Strawberry or Grape soda. I am not a fan of strawberries, don't hate 'em don't love 'em, but I really like artificially flavored strawberry soda, same goes for grape.

Watergate salad. Instant pistachio pudding, cool whip, marshmallows, pecans and pineapple. Pineapple and pecans are about the only things on that list that I would consider "food". I don't care for instant pudding or cool whip, but when you put all this stuff together magic happens, and I will eat a ton of this chemically engineered dish!

Instant iced tea. It as no relationship to actual tea. The flavor is unique to Lipton and why anybody bothered, given how dead easy tea is to make, I do not know, but I love the taste of it at least sometimes.

what's the name of that cheese in an aerosol can? i don't know if they still make it, but i loved it on saltine crackers.

I have to add - gut-buster burritos from the gas station - 80 grams of carbs in those things!. That's like eating 3 Snicker's bars. And yet, somehow, I occasionally crave the things.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Velveeta Lite melted in cauliflower or broccoli cheese soup with beer in it
Extreme Cheddar Goldfish crackers,
Ruffles Sour Cream and Onion potato chips dipped in cottage cheese (mmmm)
Gummy Worms
Ramen noodles (need a low sodium version)

Ok.. I have this thing for the fake garlic butter they send with pizza...

It only works on the crusts (nice if you leave a little sauce) and you can stick it in the fridge.

Back
Top Bottom