Fake Foods we Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FrankZ said:
Ok.. I have this thing for the fake garlic butter they send with pizza...

It only works on the crusts (nice if you leave a little sauce) and you can stick it in the fridge.

You just made me think of another one FrankZ. The "butter" they put on your popcorn at the movie theater. So gross but oh so good!

Kraft Dinner.. I try not to buy it. I don't think I'm the only one guilty of eating the whole box here... :)

I HATE leftover Kraft MAC but love it freshly made so, of course, I can't just leave any.... So, that's why I now buy the easy Mac (not sure of spelling) that comes in individual portions/packages.

You guys are SOOOOO Bad.
I went shopping yesterday and lo-and-behold 4 boxes of KD end up in my cart.
Having one with heinz right now. lol.
Darnit.

Confession time: Last night I ate a sandwich (well really only made a half sandwich) of old fashioned loaf lunch meat slathered with mayo and stuffed with potato chips. I probably only do this twice a year for obvious reasons. While I don't have any problem with balony or salami or many types of processed lunch meat, for some reason I consider old fashioned loaf, especially when eaten like this to be "fake food" or frankenfood.

Confession time: Last night I ate a sandwich (well really only made a half sandwich) of old fashioned loaf lunch meat slathered with mayo and stuffed with potato chips. I probably only do this twice a year for obvious reasons. While I don't have any problem with balony or salami or many types of processed lunch meat, for some reason I consider old fashioned loaf, especially when eaten like this to be "fake food" or frankenfood.

My Scottish ex used to make a "crisp butty": a sandwich of bread, butter, potato chips. :LOL: Of course a "chip butty" had French fries instead of potato chips.

taxy, chip butty vans are a common sight in ireland and the uk, especially near sporting events and other venues of alcohol, lol.

crisp buttys sound good, btw, gotta try it.

or would that be butties? it's english (language), so you never know.

taxy, chip butty vans are a common sight in ireland and the uk, especially near sporting events and other venues of alcohol, lol.

crisp buttys sound good, btw, gotta try it.

or would that be butties? it's english (language), so you never know.

I just can't get my head around chip butties. That from the woman who enjoys a sandwich of cold, sliced, boiled potato on bread spread with bacon fat and of course salt & pepper. Maybe some chives :ohmy: :pig:

If I am feeling particularly Danish, it's open-faced on heavy rye and garnished with mayo and something green on top of the mayo - could be the chives or some pretty sprouts or a sprig of parsley (I can't find the tiny cress that Danes put).

a grilled cheese sandwich made from crappy orange day glo"american" cheese and fluffy white bread,,,and butter(or margerine)
NO other cheese,,,and NOOO other bread
greasy,,,,horrible and lovely
i love a grilled cheese sandwich but i dont like or want a "good" version,,,,lol
no gourmet,,,etc

mzdee99 said:
a grilled cheese sandwich made from crappy orange day glo"american" cheese and fluffy white bread,,,and butter(or margerine)
NO other cheese,,,and NOOO other bread
greasy,,,,horrible and lovely
i love a grilled cheese sandwich but i dont like or want a "good" version,,,,lol
no gourmet,,,etc

DH just made one from Velveeta. I had a bite and the "cheese" squished out and dripped down my chin. Excellent!

about the only fake food I can think of is margarine!!!!

Was it posted here that if a container were left open outside no animal would eat it?

I love Kraft singles for grilled cheese sandwiches

KD is great and I sprinkle in some fresh grated parmesan as well (not kraft!!! the real stuff lol)

about the only fake food I can think of is margarine!!!!

Was it posted here that if a container were left open outside no animal would eat it?

I love Kraft singles for grilled cheese sandwiches

KD is great and I sprinkle in some fresh grated parmesan as well (not kraft!!! the real stuff lol)

I had to get butter out for the kitty that I had tricked with margarine...the look I got!!!!

Back
Top Bottom