Family Secret recipes...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, when I do use recipes I have no hesitation about marking up my cookbooks. I use post-its to mark recipes I like and want to try again, but when I change a recipes, but still need it, I pencil in the changes and don't think twice about it. Of course, I'm the one who thinks cookbooks SHOULD have splashes of food on the pages, and SHOULD automatically pop open to the page your favorite recipe is on! Brand new, unread-looking, sparkling clean books are for bookstores, not for homes and people who read. But, then, I loved used bookstores with their worn out books (and food splattered old cookbooks), too!!! I'm only careful with other people's books, but don't have any need to borrow cookbooks, so splash and splatter, write and even leave them face down and open to my heart's content.

purrfectlydevine said:
If there is a recipe card. Often the recipe is in someone's head and they can't give you amounts becase they just "eyeball" it.:ermm:

This is true in my family. Fortunately, I watched my mother and grandmother constantly in the kitchen and got them to teach me many of their best dishes.

The ones I did not get while I was young, I got from momma in her last illness [she was still able to sit in the kitchen and advise me].

All of this now resides on a dedicated laptop computer.

Back
Top Bottom