Farro Flour Ideas Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovecd

Assistant Cook
I thought I was purchasing Farro (in a white vaccum packed package; the only English word being Farro). To my surpise I actually purchased Farro Flour. I did a search and found that I can use it in place of semolina flour, but the farro flour has a very different consistency from the semolina flour I use. Have any of you ever used Farro Flour?
Would love some suggestions, it wasn't cheap and I don't want to waste it!!

I'd never heard of Farro Flour before, but when I just now did a web search on it, there are dozens of info & recipe sites for it. If I were you, I'd do a web search.

Actually we also bought some farro flours recently for experimenting... we haven't got around to it yet, but the main reason we bought it is that we have seen pastas made with farro flours, which are quite costly so we thought why not we make them ourselves... we also have seen recipes for bread and biscuits made with farro flours, so they are other possibilities we would like to try.

We do use farro in its proper form quite often, we love to substitute rice with farros for risotto (or farrotto?) and rice salad recipes for change of pace. They have hearty texture and nutty rich flavour, quite delicious!!

I just did the SAME exact thing and that's why I'm here; looking for ways to use the flour

16629-albums905-picture4945.gif
BMFgIAIfkEBQ8AGwAsAAAAABkAEQAABTfgJo5kaZ5oqpbA6o7tu8ZyStfmjbP7qfebn+vRIAlXjYVxt1gAAIXBcQYFBKYybEqaeQJhWlEIADs=

Boy, this is a dusty old thread :LOL:
Welcome to D.C.!
Here is a place to start you off on recipes using farro
Bluebird Grain Farms

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom