Favorite and least favorite chain restaurant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Although we don't have any within a 30 minute drive, I've never complained when looking for fast food and coming upon a Boston Market. Rotisserie chicken, some steamed veggies, and a hunk of bread. Panera usually has good bread and okay sandwiches/salads...

I agree on Boston Market. A great place to pick up the makings of a picnic lunch. A whole chicken, some slaw and bread and you're set.

I like Panera for their breads. Very good baguettes. Their sandwiches can be good but their soups are salty.

Speaking of Wendy's fries, I usually grab a value meal there a couple times a year. I stopped there a couple days a go for a drive home lunch meal, after grocery shopping, and they changed their fries. They are thin and crispy and still have the skin on. Better than McD's fries, which seems to be the comparison when talking fast food fries, although I don't know why. Anyway, gone are those soggy things the local Wendy's called french fries.

I just remembered another small chain I like: Montreal restaurant Dagwoods

The atmosphere is nothing special, it's like any fast food chain. But, the sandwiches are really good. You watch them cut the meat in front of you and tell them what toppings. They bake their own white and whole wheat bread.

We live around the corner from the first one. My DH has been bringing home those sandwiches since they opened.

My favorite restaurant chain would have to be Rudy River Steakhouse. I'm not sure how popular the chain is on the east coast, but here in the west there are a number of places. It is so cozy and quiet!! They have great sourdough bread!! Love it!

My least favorite would be Ihop!! Sorry, but I don't see what is so great about their pancakes...

ihop has super good german crepes. that is always what i order. anytime i go, lunch or dinner or whatever. and that is certainly not often.:chef:

What is your least favorite chain restaurant?

Mine hands down has got to be Applebee's. I have tried several and that was several too many for me. I was not satisfied with the food or service on any visit. I'll leave it at that!

I do have a few chains I like for the most part. Bucco de Beppo,PF chang, even Chili's and Chevys are ok. I think the best one for me apart from the uber expensive steak chains is Maggiano's. They seem to have it together on the food and service. It is a long wait getting in on Fri/Sat so I choose not to go there then.

What you got?
My favourite is TGI FRIDAY'S. I couldn't resist it. But my kids love Macdonald's and Pizza Hut.;)

Some of my favorite restaurants are:
Firehouse Subs - kids eat free on Sunday's
Subway
Longhorns & Outback
Chili's
Golden Corral

Least favorite restaurant would have to be Applebees & Ruby Tuesdays....
Don't like ruby Tuesday's food.
Applebees- always get bad service and don't like the food :(

Being in Colorado, you just don't have the diners like other places, but I do love to go to a diner when I travel. Sometimes the dives have the greatest food. We have a few local places that are good. One local chain is Conway's Red Top. Good place for a burger. The service is always great which is always a plus for me. As far as chains...I like Olive Garden for lunch (soup, salad and breadsticks). I really would rather stay home for dinner (aka supper).

Being in Colorado, you just don't have the diners like other places, but I do love to go to a diner when I travel. Sometimes the dives have the greatest food. We have a few local places that are good. One local chain is Conway's Red Top. Good place for a burger. The service is always great which is always a plus for me. As far as chains...I like Olive Garden for lunch (soup, salad and breadsticks). I really would rather stay home for dinner (aka supper).

Are you near Fort Collins, Chopper? While not a Chain...Ted's Place...home of the kick butt cinnamon roll. We made dad stop there every time we went to Grandma's (Brighton, CO).

Chopper, I love diners and strive to find them when I travel. I especially enjoy the ones that have not changed and have a history to them. If I cannot find a diner, I look for regional Mom and Pop stops.

Like most on here, I tend to avoid chains. That being said, I will admit to LOVING Waffle House. I love everything about Waffle House and cannot for the life of me tell anyone why. :)

I really do not like Ruby Tuesdays. Love the song and am miffy the restaurant is not better because they use the name! :glare:

My favorite is Bahama Breeze.
Least favorite is TGIF

I agree, my least favorite is TGIF. I had a friend who worked at one & we'd go visit him, but the food was mediocre on the best visits.

I also like Bahama Breeze. Our local 5 guys is great, Ruby Tuesdays is pretty good for what you pay, and I really like Chipotle. For Breakfast, our local Bob Evans is pretty tasty, though they serve a week's worth of calories on one plate. I stopped at a Steak 'N Shake once on a road trip and thoroughly enjoyed my burger, but all bets are off when you're hungry on the road! A BJ's opened up in Tacoma just before we left there. We tried it once and were actually impressed with what we got.

Most of the other chains I've been too have been pretty forgettable. Some decent dishes, some awful. I agree with several people on here who say it greatly depends on the location.

Oh, I also liked Claim Jumper when I was out west, but their enormous portions were a bit of a deterrent for me. Just too much food.

I modify my vote for Jack Astor's. We went on Sunday and the menu is much smaller and it wasn't quite as good as before.

I think that my favorite restaurant is a local place called Frankie's. I also like the olive garden, and Arby's. My least favorite: Chili's, Mc Donald's, Friday's, and Apple Bee's (my husband's fave)

In my home have very little selection. In Spokane, I enjoyed Chicago brother's Pizza. Here in SSM, Pizza Hut and Guido's Pizza are pretty good. In El Dajon, CA, a fave was La Cojita with their amazing carne asada buritos. Cold Stone Ice Cream is the bomb! Clyde's Drive Inn has three little drive in restaurants in Michgan, with car hops, and makes a mean hamburger (3/4 lb. of hand made burger pattiy, with freshly cut and made french fries, and great malted milks. Captain Kid's Fish & Chips isn't too bad. square Pan Pizza is good.

Least favorite - Applbe's, McDonalds, and Big Boy's, with Country Kitchen not far behind. Haven't found an Italian Restaurant that I like yet. KFC has gotten terrible, especially for the price.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed fo the North

Thanks PF for letting me know about the place in Fort Collins. It is a bit of a drive, but if we are up that way we will stop in.

Thanks PF for letting me know about the place in Fort Collins. It is a bit of a drive, but if we are up that way we will stop in.

Just think of 3 pouting kidlettes when thier Daddy said, "No!" and ended up taking them there anyway. I'm not sure it's still there, it's on old Highway 287.

One of my favourite restaurant chains in Canada is called Cora. They have amazing breakfast and lunch. I highly recommend it!
I am also a huge fan of Olive Garden!

Thinking of breakfast places in Canada, we have a small chain here in Quebec called Eggsquise. Truly great breakfast, excellent service, bottomless coffee cup, lots of yummy choices on the menu, including really good cretons. Not cheap.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom