Favorite and Least Favorite Food Network Stars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Each one of them has something to offer if you are wise enough to listen and watch..You might not like the type of shirt or sense of humor, but you are trying to pick up tips to make your own meals the best.You are not there to critique the cloths or personality your there to learn and improve...I don't know any of them so who am I to decide how smart they are or how pleasant in person..I go by what I can learn to help me;) What I do see is someone who looks as if they love what they do and always has a smile on their face., as they work.
kadesma

WHO?

Bertolli is a brand of olive oil. I think you meant "Batali." Please. His name is everywhere on the web. It's not that hard.

img_786710_0_7b5cac044cbaed528e0b4367e4856759.jpg

Each one of them has something to offer if you are wise enough to listen and watch..You might not like the type of shirt or sense of humor, but you are trying to pick up tips to make your own meals the best.You are not there to critique the cloths or personality your there to learn and improve...I don't know any of them so who am I to decide how smart they are or how pleasant in person..I go by what I can learn to help me;) What I do see is someone who looks as if they love what they do and always has a smile on their face., as they work.
kadesma
I disagree. This is teleVISION. Vision is part of the name and vision is important. What you see is the first impression and if you don't like what you are seeing, it's hard to hear what a host is saying. Additionally, television stars put themselves out there in the public as long as people are offering opinions on the shows and not the personal lives of these people, that's well within acceptable limits of television viewing. If I can't stand a celeb's voice or the color of their kitchen, I'm not going to learn from them because the visual is too distracting. But that's why there are so many different shows and chefs. There's someone for everyone.

That is unfortunate for you Callisto. I mean that in a nice way so I hope you take it that way.

For instance, I found Julia Child very annoying to listen to. Her voice was quite annoying to me. I am very glad I did not let that get in my way of learning from her though because I would have been much less knowledgeable today if I did.

That is unfortunate for you Callisto. I mean that in a nice way so I hope you take it that way.

For instance, I found Julia Child very annoying to listen to. Her voice was quite annoying to me. I am very glad I did not let that get in my way of learning from her though because I would have been much less knowledgeable today if I did.
I am not talking nostalgic references. I'm talking today, where visual is key. Like I can't watch Racheal Ray's current eps because of the orange kitchen but used to like her old shows. I don't see it as unfortunate, there are hundreds of shows on a week, my range is broad enough that I don't need to listen to Giada or the Barefoot Contessa lady. There's enough choices out there today that by being selective I'm not limiting myself.

Nostalgic or not the idea is the same. I could just as easily replace Julia with Sarah Moultin in my example (for me). Sarah drives me crazy. I am glad I can get past that though because she sure knows her way around a kitchen and I have learned things from her that I would not have learned from the TV personalities that do not annoy me.

I am not talking nostalgic references. I'm talking today, where visual is key. Like I can't watch Racheal Ray's current eps because of the orange kitchen but used to like her old shows. I don't see it as unfortunate, there are hundreds of shows on a week, my range is broad enough that I don't need to listen to Giada or the Barefoot Contessa lady. There's enough choices out there today that by being selective I'm not limiting myself.
I don't expect you to agree with me..I was trying in a nice way to just say this is my favorite and I don't care for that one, without making hurtful remarks about them. It is not going to change anything,to be rude, it just will upset us so the simple thing to do if you aren't interested..just move on
kadesma

I don't expect you to agree with me..I was trying in a nice way to just say this is my favorite and I don't care for that one, without making hurtful remarks about them. It is not going to change anything,to be rude, it just will upset us so the simple thing to do if you aren't interested..just move on
kadesma
Huh? The quoted post was a reply to GB and had nothing to do with anything you said. I'm confused.

Here ya go Callisto. Looks like her show is still on FoodTV.

She is also the executive chef of Gourmet magazine.

I know Emeril. That is him. There is no act for the TV. He is alot of fun to be around. Ina Garten on the other hand has the personality of a screen door.

Then Emeril has changed his whole personality since I was around him. When I spent an evening with him years ago, he was definitely shy. and the BAM was for tv only. He is a talented chef, even if he comes across as sloppy sometimes on tv.

You must have a very friendly and lovely screen door, padams. Ina Garten is a very sweet, outgoing and unassuming person.

My Fav's
Giada
Giada
Giada
Giada

Those that I enjoy watching when Giada isn't on
Tyler Florence
Alton Brown

I'll watch any of the others if they are cooking something that interests me. Paula Dean is a hoot, but I normally don't pay much attention to what she's cooking because I don't normally have that much butter, crisco, bacon or mayo on hand!

...and not all that long ago, either. She still shows up on specials, occasionally.
Well, I was honest when I said WHO? in asking who she was. I had never heard of her and she wasn't on the chef list. I guess "not all that long" is a relative term. I've been watching for 3 or 4 years and had never heard of her.

Well, I was honest when I said WHO? in asking who she was. I had never heard of her and she wasn't on the chef list. I guess "not all that long" is a relative term. I've been watching for 3 or 4 years and had never heard of her.

I wasn't faulting anyone. No need to get defensive. She is still on TVFN, tho. even if it is reruns.

Favorites:
Guy- maybe I like him just because DD&D is an awesome show... now every time I go out of town I check to see if one of the dives he has visited is anywhere nearby...
Alton- He may be incredibly corny at times, but no one else on the network actually TEACHES better than he does...
Bobby Flay- I just really love southwestern cuisine... the sweet, the spicy, and everything in between

Least Fav's
Rachel Ray- If I hear "E.V.O.O." one more time I might quit cooking forever
Sandra Lee- I think it might just be the all white kitchen, but everything she does is just BLAH....
Michael Chiarello- Probably my least favorite... and I like the food he makes. He just annoys me... a lot.

Back
Top Bottom