Favorite and not so much...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love em

1. Almost all sushi
2. Sauces and Gravies
3. Mocha Cappuccino

Hate em

1. Fermented Tofu ("Stinky Tofu")
2. Durian
3. Rubbery foods like clams and octopus

How are the girls after your long absence? Back to rubbing your fresh eggs in my face...:angel: (Hugs CWS)
The girls are GREAT. Still producing. The two new ones, the Buffs, are Agatha and Prudence. They may start laying before November. We'll see. The Plymouth Rocks still aren't laying...but they are getting friendlier, but nothing like Myrtle and Harriet. Myrtle comes running when I go out in the yard. Who knew chickens could run that fast...and she adores tomatoes and bean seeds.

Staple:

Celery, Carrots and Onions
Frozen Broccoli
Canned SALT FREE Veggies

I live very happily with out:

Shell Fish
Kimchi
Corned Beef

Last edited:
Thumbs up: blueberries, tomatoes and black pepper.

Thumbs down: stinky canned tuna, mayo, and mushrooms.

Oh my gosh. Can I change one favorite??? No? Please. I forgot red bell peppers! I love love love them. Coul maybe place them above the tomatoes! Just saying. :D

So hard to just pick three, but here it goes:

Love:
Butter
Garlic
Olive oil

Can live without:
Tarragon
Brussels sprouts
Talapia

Top 3
Prosciutto
- So versatile, cooked, for wrapping meats, in sandwiches or on it's own
Spinach
- So healthy I always feel strong when I eat it
Mushrooms
- Any day, any time, bring them on

Worst 3
Carrots
- Never been a fan
Rare meat
- No blood allowed!
Raisins
- Cooked they are ok ...

I'm with you about sweet stuff in savory dishes. I don't know why people feel the need to make fruit-candy-ish type sauces for pork and game. I also agree that I like hot pepper powders and sauces, but not at such an intensity that you burn your mouth and can't taste the rest of the meal. There should be a blend of flavors, not just heat. i encourage people to say "hot" when they mean hot, and "spicy" for everything else. After all, cinnamon rolls are spicy. Habaro peppers are just hot.

I really don't care for strong fishy flavors.

Just about everything I cook has garlic and onions in some form. If you're a vampire, you might want to avoid my house.

If you cook with wine, I can't say enough about fortified wines. Vermouth, Marsala, Sherry. They have a long shelf life. Great for preserving ginger. The final flavor is much more mellow than regular wine.

Chilli- love all spicy food
Capers- add these to most dishes
Avocado- Hard to get them at their best from a supermarket and also too expensive but i do love them

Top three is about as hard as just picking one...

I'll say soy sauce, ginger, and lemon.

Ditto, bottom three...

Corn syrup (only because I'm not a baker),
anise (not a big fan, don't know how to use),
and... I guess I'm a glutton for any taste.

I homecook for my dog, so he gets a list too !

Raw Beef
Carrots
Cheese

Dislike :
Potatoes, you put one in his place and he won't touch anything else on the plate
Green Peppers
Eggs (hah, like Momma like Puppy! LOL)

Must have always...

Lemons: Use in everything...sauces, rice, and at the end of everything I make(except marinara...let the acid from the tomatoes stand on their own)

Onions and Garlic: The pair made in heaven...Always together forever...half a soffitto. Always!

Red Pepper flakes: LOVE..if used to balance...perfect

Fresh Basil and Thyme: My herbs of choice...I grow them year round.

and not homemade...Worcheshire...LOVE....LOVE...great in gravies to add the bounce that a sauce may need.

Wait...don't forget mustard..a real worker in the kichten!

don't like?...broccoli...can't be anywhere near my food....or any family of it...i'm good now!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom