Favorite and not so much...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mykitchenmyheart

Assistant Cook
Hey again! I love to get to know people through questions about their preferences. So, I thought I would start a thread about everyone's favorite, can't do without foods(ingredients) and most hated, would never darken the door of my pantry or fridge foods(ingredients). Give say your top 3 in each category. I'll start...

P.S. For the administrators - didn't know exactly where to put this thread so I put it under general stuff...:)

Obviously, I love all foods and love to mix up ingredients but these things I kind of use as staples in just about anything I make.

Favorite top 3:

1. Lemons - juice and zest
I think lemons are amazing since they can be used in savory and sweet dishes and brighten any flavor.

2. Parsley
Most underrated of all fresh herbs - I think! Love to add it just at the end, particularly in slow cooked dishes to freshen the flavor instantly

3. Garlic
Can't say enough about garlic! Love the strong pungent flavor it has and it makes meat dishes sing!;)

Most unliked top 3:

1. Coconut
Please don't stone me!!! I just...don't like coconut!

2. Sweet and sour sauces for savory dishes
For some reason they just don't work for me at all! I like sweet and sour in a desert - like cheese cake - but not in savory stuff!

3. Super spicy peppers
Don't get me wrong - I love to add heat to my dishes and I do use red pepper flakes, cayenne, etc. but the kind of peppers that make your taste buds hurt and you can't taste anything else... Not for me!

OK, who's next?:)

Hello and welcome .............

Garlic and garlic and garlic
Onions
Shallots
Can't do without em

Olives
Anchovies
Broccoli Rabe
Nasty stuff

Oh dear... You don't like Olives and Anchovies??? We might need to do an intervention...:LOL: Just kidding, of course... I understand why you don't like anchovies. They can be a bit much for most people. But then again, I hail from Romania. I ate beef tongue stew with olives growing up so, you know...:wacko::)

Top 3 heroes
1 - Anchovies
2 - Tomato
3 - Guanciale (I don't know the English name, it's the cured lard and meat from the pig's cheek)

Top 3 villains
1 - Liver
2 - Oysters
3 - Turnip

Favorite top 3:

1. Onion, I add onion to any dish that I can. I'd probably add it to desserts if I could, lol.

2. Garlic, Same with garlic. It's one of those ingredients that just seems to love me back...lol.

3.Bell peppers, I love, love, love them!

Most unliked top 3:

1. mushrooms, Just keep them away from me......

2. anchovies, This will garantee that I won't eat any dish with this!

3. mayonaise, I just don't care much for it and don't like to put it in foods.
I'll come more using miracle whip...:)

Essential three:

1. All the allium family members
2. Lemons
3. hot pepper sauce

I can do nicely without:

1. cottage cheese
2. raisins
3. tofu

Favorite top 3:

1. Onion, I add onion to any dish that I can. I'd probably add it to desserts if I could, lol.

2. Garlic, Same with garlic. It's one of those ingredients that just seems to love me back...lol.

3.Bell peppers, I love, love, love them!

Most unliked top 3:

1. mushrooms, Just keep them away from me......

2. anchovies, This will garantee that I won't eat any dish with this!

3. mayonaise, I just don't care much for it and don't like to put it in foods.
I'll come more using miracle whip...:)

How about home made mayonnaise? Just curious...:)

Well, I've never had homemade mayo.
Anything homemade is usually better...but I don't know, lol.

When I lived in Romania we made our mayo all the time. Couldn't get it anywhere else. It is really good. I can give u the recipe if u like.

Top three:
1. Dairy products
2. FRESH eggs
3. all of the onion family

Things I won't have in my pantry:

1. Salad dressing (that artificial mayo stuff--homemade mayo is definitely best, especially when made with FRESH eggs and good-quality olive oil)
2. Cheez Whiz
3. Bananas

Top three:
1. Dairy products
2. FRESH eggs
3. all of the onion family

Things I won't have in my pantry:

1. Salad dressing (that artificial mayo stuff--homemade mayo is definitely best, especially when made with FRESH eggs and good-quality olive oil)
2. Cheez Whiz
3. Bananas

How are the girls after your long absence? Back to rubbing your fresh eggs in my face...:angel: (Hugs CWS)

Back
Top Bottom