Favorite Celebrity Star Chefs Worldwide?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lef,

We have eaten at Keller´s establishment in NYC however, I understand his California venue is awesome ...

Thanks for the feedback,
Have a wonderful 4th,
Ciao,
Margi.

I can't recall what his name was, but the chef at Waterman's Surfside Grill, in VA Beach, is one of the best I have ever run into.
Other's on my list would be:
Paul Merrett
Ben O'Donoghue
While not strictly chefs...David Rosengarten and Silvana Franco
Julia Child
Jacques Pepin
Justin Wilson
There are others, but that's enough for now.

I ate at Jamie Oliver's Barbecoa in London recently. Highly recommended!

Tain,

Thanks for the restaurant recommendation. We have put it on the London long wkend trip list ... We would like to spend a long wkend in London, however, in the autumn ... We love the theatre and have close friends who live here in Madrid, however, are from London ... So, thank you for your suggestion.

What did you order ? A Degustation Carte ? What did you eat ? Drink ?

So curious,
Have lovely wkend.
Ciao, Margi.

Margi Cintrano said:
Tain,

Thanks for the restaurant recommendation. We have put it on the London long wkend trip list ... We would like to spend a long wkend in London, however, in the autumn ... We love the theatre and have close friends who live here in Madrid, however, are from London ... So, thank you for your suggestion.

What did you order ? A Degustation Carte ? What did you eat ? Drink ?

So curious,
Have lovely wkend.
Ciao, Margi.

Barbecoa is all a la carte. Can't remember exactly what we ordered, but I had a fish tartare and a steak, which were excellent; and my partner had chicken for her main. We only had light drinks so can't comment on their wine selection, but they did fancy cocktails and unusual spirits and beers - although all fairly expensive!

recently had dinner at Lola Bistro in Cleveland, Michael Symon's restaurant. It is easy to access and is on a pedestrian street with valet parking and many shops and other eateries. THe restaurant is very upscale without being pretentious. The service is expert, the food extraordinary. The price surprisingly affordable...less in fact than other dinners we had in the area. entrees in the $25 region. The Lola fries are worth the trip alone, as are the mushrooms!

I'd love to go to The French Laundry or Bouchon but as I live in the U.K. and haven't any plans to visit the U.S.A. at the moment, I'll have to make do with the two books about them I have just bought. I need a strong sous chef to lift them for me though :ermm:

One of the best meals/restaurants I have been to is the Waterside Inn - run by a member of the Roux family, who are quite famous here The Waterside Inn, Bray. It is in the same village as The Fat Duck, Heston Blumenthal's restaurant. I had the tasting menu at the Fat Duck and it was one of the most amazing meals I have ever had The Fat Duck Tasting Menu

I would just love to be able to travel the world eating in all these fantastic places. Only a wonderful dream though

I'd love to go to The French Laundry or Bouchon but as I live in the U.K. and haven't any plans to visit the U.S.A. at the moment, I'll have to make do with the two books about them I have just bought. I need a strong sous chef to lift them for me though :ermm:

One of the best meals/restaurants I have been to is the Waterside Inn - run by a member of the Roux family, who are quite famous here The Waterside Inn, Bray. It is in the same village as The Fat Duck, Heston Blumenthal's restaurant. I had the tasting menu at the Fat Duck and it was one of the most amazing meals I have ever had The Fat Duck Tasting Menu

I would just love to be able to travel the world eating in all these fantastic places. Only a wonderful dream though

I like the "Please allow 3 1/2 hours for this menu". I could put down some wine in that time as well.

Hello 4meandthem,

You said "I like the "Please allow 3 1/2 hours for this menu". I could put down some wine in that time as well."

We did :LOL::LOL::LOL:. We chose the menu that had the wines paired with the dish. It was really good as no way could we have afforded all the different wines and we also knew that it was well chosen.

Back
Top Bottom