Favorite Cereal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't eat a lot of cereal but when I do
I like to go back to my childhood days and eat
fruitloops or luckycharms.

I love muesli loaded with fruits and nuts... we brought back loads from the alpine region last year which are the best I ever had...I love them with yogurt rather than milk too... the cereals get less soggy and more satifsying this way...

When I was in the US 2 of my faves were Blueberry Morning, and the other one I can't remember the name but I think it was from Kelloggs, cornflakes with sliced almonds and french vanilla crunchies..

Oh I also love Frosted Flakes but I prefer munching on them just as they are, instead of getting them soggy with milk...:mrgreen:

On the heathy side, weighing in at (much) better for you we have:

-Cheerios (Apple Cinnamon are my all time fav type of Cheerios)

-Special-K

-Raisin Bran

-Rice Krispies

-Granola

-Chex

-Corn Bran

On the sugar laden, harkening back to being a child side, we have:

-Captain Crunch (with crunch berries!!!)

-Lucky Charms

-Fruity Pebbles

-Fruit Loops

-Corn Pops

-Cinnamon Toast Crunch

-French Toast Crunch

I like a lot of those ones like you described too Licia, the ones from Kellogs and Post, etc that have dried fruits, nuts, and so on in them....there's one in Canada that's maple flavoured, the name escapes me (Alix, help?) but it's awesome!

Going back to the 80's for a moment...Does anyone remember "Strawberry Shortcake cereal" and "Orange Blossom cereal"? (I'm pretty sure they went the ways of other 80's cereal experiments like "Nerds" and "Pac Man" cereals :mrgreen:)

Last edited:
I can no longer find my favorite cereal. It was the Smart Start Soy Protein cereal.

Now my favorite cereal would have to be Multigrain cheerios or Newman's Own Blueberry something. I don't know what it is called because its never in the box. It's been tasting too sweet lately though.

Count Chocula
Cocoa and Fruity Pebbles
Special K

I used to like Triples too but I can't find it here anymore

I really love a nice, warm bowl of Brinta. I can only get it at the Dutch import store though so I dont always have it. Cream of Wheat is a decent substitute though...

I prefer hot cereal (like porridge, Brinta, etc.) to cold cereal.

Hey, did you guys know that a "Cereal Cafe" opened in the USA? They serve nothing but cereal! http://www.cereality.com/

Last edited:
I LOVE Frosted Flakes- always have-but, being hypoglycemic I can't eat them anymore unless I can lie down or pass out safely;)

Frosted Mini-wheats, raisin bran crunch, shredded wheat (we always called it hay when we were kids) rice krispies (love the snap, crackle, pop). But usually I don't eat cereal unless there is NOTHING else.

My favorite cereals are Cocoa Puffs and Cap'n Crunch - the original with nothing added to it.

While it may not be as healthy, I really like the new Raisin Bran Crunch they have. It's still the same delicious cereal with these little, sweet crunchy things added in. =)

I've had a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats/almonds every morning (and sometimes for a snack) for 3 years now. Love that stuff.

Back
Top Bottom