"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Old 06-19-2015, 07:36 PM   #1
Assistant Cook
‘Favorite cheeses’

‘I am addicted to really smelly cheeses! My favourites are Pont l’Eveque, Munster and Roquefort. Anybody else got any cheeses that they can’t get enough of that they wanna share?’

Chicago56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:50 PM   #2
Head Chef
I by feta cheese from the Deli guy so often, that when April came around, He wished me a Happy Greek Easter, assuming I was Greek :) Im known in that store as the Feta Cheese guy. Im married 24 years, Ive been called worse

larry_stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:10 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire
I love the three Italian cheeses. Asiago, Parm, and Romano. After that is would be a good cheddar, even smoked cheddar. That's about it for me. I don't like the cheese to be so strong that it covers up the main flavor of the dish.

But my biggest cheese sin is when I first buy a piece of any of the Italian cheeses, I always have to have a small chunk. And feeling that the first chunk may have been exposed to air to long, I better take another taste. Funny, that tasted just like the first bite. I better try again. Maybe I will use a knife instead of just breaking off a piece. Well the knife didn't make any difference. I need to break a piece from the other end. That should have the taste I am looking for. Yea! The taste I was looking for. I need to take another one just to make sure it was not a fluke.

What happen to my piece of cheese I got at the deli? More then half is already gone. Now I am going to need an overdose of Colace.
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:23 PM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef
Parmigiano Reggiano, Gruyere, Muenster.
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:26 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
‘Favorite cheeses’

Maytag Bleu, Cabot Extremely Sharp cheddar. Velveeta.
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:27 PM   #6
Executive Chef
Trader Joes used to have this cheese I really liked. It was a round of stilton sandwiched by two rounds of sharp English cheddar and cut into wedges for sale.
Life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party - Jimmy Buffett
Sir_Loin_of_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:52 PM   #7
Master Chef
Fontina. Iberico. Jarlsberg. Most any cheese offered by Meadow Stone Farm, a vendor who sells at a Farmers' Market we go to. Gouda, both regular and smoked. Muenster (which I do not find to be stinky). In fact, most any cheese that isn't stinky! You are welcome to ALL of my Roquefort, but you'll have to fight off Himself to get to it!
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:07 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire
Parmigiano Reggiano, Havarti, and goat cheese. Mm mm good.
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:16 PM   #9
Executive Chef
My favorite blue is Papillon Black Label roquefort, but I don't think I have tried a blue I haven't liked. Gruyere ranks up there. Double and triple cremes are great on a cheese plate. Parm, asagio, peccorino, mozzarella, burata, ricotta and ricotta salata from the boot! Too many others from various countries to list!
Emeralds are real Gems! C. caninus & C. Batesii.
CraigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:09 PM   #10
Master Chef
Balderson 5-year aged cheddar, Beemster aged gouda,extra-sharp Pinconning, a good colby, aged Swiss, a really good, creamy cottage cheese, Muenster, Asiago, Parmigiano Reggiano, Romano, Havarti, Yancy's Fancy cheddar, Velveeta, Mozzarella, not necessarily in that order.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote