Favorite Crockpot Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
I love using my Crockpot (or at least the idea of it), but most of the things I have made it it only come out OK. I want to make something that comes out great. What are some of your favorite Crockpot recipes?

GB, I'm so glad you posted this as I really want to start using my crock pot more. I have a couple of "old standby" recipies tht I use, but need some new ideas. Hopefully we get some good ones.

Here's my favorite crock pot recipe. It's simple and we always get excellent results. The chicken is moist, tender and flavorful. Great for leftovers on salads, too!

Fragrant Lemon Chicken—Crock Pot

1 apple, peeled, cored and quartered
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 (3 lb) whole chicken
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 onion, chopped
½ tsp dried rosemary, crushed
1 lemon, juiced
1 c hot water

Place apple and celery in cavity of chicken. Rub skin with salt and pepper.

Place chicken in cooker. Sprinkle chopped onion, rosemary, and lemon juice over chicken. Add 1 c hot water and cover.

Cook on high for 1 hour. Switch to low, and cook for 6-8 hours.

I haven't actually been able to try this recipe, but have been dying to. I don't have a crock pot. I thought I would share it with you. It is one of Paula Dean's recipes and got a five star review.

Go here to read the reviews about the dish:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/my_recipe_box/review/0,1973,FOOD_9919_20804,00.html

1 (3-pound) boneless chuck roast
1 1/2 teaspoons House seasoning, recipe follows
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
3 bay leaves
3 or 4 beef bouillon cubes, crushed
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup Chardonnay

Sprinkle roast on all sides with house seasoning. Using a skillet over high heat, sear roast until brown in oil. Place roast in a slow cooker, and layer onions, bay leaves, crushed bouillon cubes, garlic, and cream of mushroom soup. Add the Chardonnay and cover with enough water to cover all of the ingredients. Cook on the low setting for 8 hours.

House Seasoning:
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder

Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months

My husband doesn't generally care for meats/chicken/etc, cooked in the crock pot, but for some reason, this one he thinks a real winner, probably because it is. Also, the second one is dessert and I've given it out many times. My version is different from the original one, one that started a multi-paged (often times heated) discussion over at BHG.com a few years ago. If I could bring up those posts, you'd all see what I mean by that.

My friend over at eGG gave me this recipe.
So, I'll call it:

''Mary spicy roast''

4-5 lb beef roast, frozen is fine
1-2 packages Good Seasons regular or Zesty Italian dry salad dressing
jar of pepperoncini's

Put the beef in the crock. Open up the salad dressing package/s and sprinkle over the roast. Take 12 pepperoncini's out of the bottle and top the roast with them. Now take out 1 cup liquid out of the pepperoncini jar and put that in the crock pot. Turn crock on low and cook 10 hours. DO NOT REMOVE LID DURING ANY PORTION OF THIS COOKING TIME. Take out, let cool a little while, slice and make gravy out of the liquid to be used over mashed potatoes.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^DELISH^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
To Die For/Triple Chocolate Mess

1 box Pillsbury with pudding chocolate cake mix
12 (1oz each) of those little individual packages of Philadelphia cream cheese
1 large box dry chocolate pudding
1 large bag (12oz) Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup oil
4 eggs
1 c coke

Butter inside 5 quart crock pot that has removeable crock. Turn on to low. Mix all ingredients together well. Pour into buttered crock. Put lid on. Put masking tape over top of lid as a reminder not to open it until the time is over. After 8 hours turn off and take removeable crock out and place on kitchen counter for at least 1/2 hour. Remove lid and scoop out molten lava. Top with whipped cream and/or vanilla ice cream.

This is so good and so rich that it is a perfect dessert for a woman's group, a small party, or bringing to a function.

I am not participating here as I live alone and crock pot cooking would not work, however, I do have a small one that would hold 1 chicken breast, but never use it.

Chicken Cacciatore in a crock pot is pretty yummy -
of course I can't locate my recipe....

(the best part of crock pot cooking is that you can fudge on
exact measurements, generally)

basically: chicken (breasts are easiest, but bone-in pieces are fine too)
1 large onion, sliced
minced garlic to your hear's desire
bay leaf
wine
tomato paste
fresh cut-up tomatoes
a bit of sugar to cut acidity

serve over angel hair pasta.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom