Favorite Item from Trader Joe's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I recently had a TJ item - vanilla bean cookies. Absolutely delicious. I don't think there is a Tj anywhere near me - good news - I won't be able to buy the cookies - bad news - I won't be able to buy the cookies. ;0

I recently had a TJ item - vanilla bean cookies. Absolutely delicious. I don't think there is a Tj anywhere near me - good news - I won't be able to buy the cookies - bad news - I won't be able to buy the cookies. ;0

I really hate logic...:LOL:

I bought Trader Jose's Gorditas and had them last night. I liked them. They are a corn cake filled with cheese and bean but taste sort of like a corn cake quesadilla. I was out of salsa so I put some Bruschetta on top and it then tasted like a pizza.

These may be good for kids lunches too.

I very seldom go to Trader Joe because it's just too far out of my way, but when I am in the neighborhood, two things I usually pick up are a bag of frozen seafood (shrimp, scallops, and squid) to use in my jambalaya; and they have this cheese wedge that is English cheddar on the top and bottom with Stilton in between.

I very seldom go to Trader Joe because it's just too far out of my way, but when I am in the neighborhood, two things I usually pick up are a bag of frozen seafood (shrimp, scallops, and squid) to use in my jambalaya; and they have this cheese wedge that is English cheddar on the top and bottom with Stilton in between.

How is the frozen seafood medley at Trader Joe's? I purchased it once from a local grocery store and it wasn't good at all. It pretty much ruined my seafood pasta. The texture was spongy and mushy and also tasted fishy. I've been afraid to buy it since.

Budding foodie here, and I must say that I spent two days reading this entire post! I have a TJ's barely 6 miles from my home, and I've never been. Now thanks to you fine folks, I have a shopping list 1.5 miles long :ROFLMAO:. I can't wait to try some of these items, and to explore my local TJ's, I will report back as soon as I get my taste test on!

Budding foodie here, and I must say that I spent two days reading this entire post! I have a TJ's barely 6 miles from my home, and I've never been. Now thanks to you fine folks, I have a shopping list 1.5 miles long :ROFLMAO:. I can't wait to try some of these items, and to explore my local TJ's, I will report back as soon as I get my taste test on!

Welcome to DC! You have to share what you ended up purchasing at TJs!

Sir_Loin_of_Beef said:
BTW, leftover jambalaya is great for making stuffed peppers!

That sounds delicious and healthy, Sir_Loin. I'd like to try that EnglishCheddar/Stilton cheese too.

I had their new Polenta/Spinach/Carrot medley from the frozen section and it was also delicious and healthy!

Also, their packages of all natural freeze-dried Strawberries and Blueberries for snacking or crumbling on top of salads etc were absolutely amazing...berrry crunchy! The blueberry one was recommended by Dr. Oz. They're found in the TrailMix section

Last edited:
I know I posted in here somewhere but can't remember what!! LOL Soooooo

1. All natural organic creamy peanut butter (only 2 ingredients!! roasted peanuts and salt)
  2. Pink Himalayan sea salt
  3. Blue Cave aged blue cheese
  4. Several assorted types of crackers
  5. Half and half
  6. Asian (freezer case - stir frys, fried rice)
  7. Coffee Ice Cream
  8. Oatmeal Dunkers cookies
  9. The bagged greens last much longer than Dole or Fresh Express type bagged greens for example
  10. Assorted nuts and seeds - peanuts, cashews, sunflower, almonds
  11. Assorted oils - grapeseed, flaxseed, extra virgin olive oil
  12. Dark chocolate - 85%
  13. Dark chocolate peanut butter cups
  14. Assorted cereals
I am sure there are others.

Welcome to DC Lisa, and to Trader Joe's also.
I don't even know how many posts I have on this thread, but I don't think I ever mentioned their frozen "Karat Cake". It's a small cake, which I appreciate, and as good or better than any carrot cake you've ever tasted, complete with yummy cream cheese frosting on the top. Be sure to take off the paper collar when it's still frozen as the frosting really sticks to the paper. I try to keep one available in the freezer for drop in company, but mostly when the two of us are in that "gotta have it" mood. ;)

((((((((MA))))))))) I'm so happy to see you posting again!! Smooch..:winkiss::flowers:

Kayelle said:
Welcome to DC Lisa, and to Trader Joe's also.
I don't even know how many posts I have on this thread, but I don't think I ever mentioned their frozen "Karat Cake". It's a small cake, which I appreciate, and as good or better than any carrot cake you've ever tasted, complete with yummy cream cheese frosting on the top. Be sure to take off the paper collar when it's still frozen as the frosting really sticks to the paper. I try to keep one available in the freezer for drop in company, but mostly when the two of us are in that "gotta have it" mood. ;)

((((((((MA))))))))) I'm so happy to see you posting again!! Smooch..:winkiss::flowers:

Thanks for the heads up on the "karat" cake. I love carrot cake but rarely make it because it's too much for the two of us because it isn't my partner's favorite, but chocolate cake is another story!

Have never been to a Trader Joes, but as luck would have it they are opening two stores locally in the next couple of months. Have been to Balduccis in NYC and Dean and Delucas, but looking forward to this grand opening.

Have never been to a Trader Joes, but as luck would have it they are opening two stores locally in the next couple of months. Have been to Balduccis in NYC and Dean and Delucas, but looking forward to this grand opening.

As luck would have it is right, Mark. I think many of us would love to own some stock in this store!! Have fun, and keep us informed of your discoveries.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom