"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 11-20-2010, 05:14 AM   #121
Flour Child

Roasted Garlic Marinara is on my list now...thanks bakechef and roadfix.

I just tried their Boeuf Bourguignon that was out of this world! Yum!!
I highly recommend it but I thought the ratio of beef to gravy was a little off. I served it with mashed potatoes though which helped to soak up the extra gravy. Extremely good flavor and tender beef.
Shared with my son...
plenty for 2 @ $6.99 for 20 oz (1LB 4oz)

Also, new on the shelves is Candy Cane Oreo Cookies...just like Oreos but with tiny bits of candy cane in the white filling. Very very good!

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:20 AM   #122
Master Chef

I am SO jealous! When we were on the road we hit Trader Joe's in many cities, but now there isn't one within a day's drive! My mouth is watering!

Old 12-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #123
Master Chef

I haven't been to TD's in nearly a month.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:53 PM   #124
Half Baked

I just went and picke up some spiced pear cider for the kids.
It was good!

My Flickr stuff!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/
4meandthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:49 PM   #125
Flour Child

That sounds refreshingly different, 4me, and wonderful for the holidays. Tonight, I tasted their Stuffed Salmon Belle Mer and it was sooooo good! It's a 6 oz medallion of Alaskan Salmon stuffed with Rice, Surimi Crabmeat, Monterey Jack Cheese, Shrimp, and Seasonings. It was very very tasty. No artificial flavors and no preservatives. I served it with their French Haricot Verts (tiny green beans) and a homemade medley (thrown together) of WildMushrooms, JasmineRice, BlackBeans, Garlic, LtCream, Chardonnay, and Seasonings.

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #126
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
Check this out: I have a personal TJ shopper now. :)))
My co-worker (employee) lives 3 floors above this brand new TJ's in Hollywood in her new high rise building. I call at her 7:30 in the morning and tell her what I need and she's in with the goods at 9am when I open shop.... ...just saying...
Is this the one you mentioned that is on Vine Street or is there another new one that you mentioned that is near your work? Or are they one and the same? Just wondering because I thought I knew all the new TJs around and I didn't even know there was one on Vine St or any other new ones in this area.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:42 PM   #127
Senior Cook

Quote:
Check this out: I have a personal TJ shopper now. :)))
My co-worker (employee) lives 3 floors above this brand new TJ's in Hollywood in her new high rise building. I call at her 7:30 in the morning and tell her what I need and she's in with the goods at 9am when I open shop.... ...just saying...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyanne View Post
Trader Joes's Chicken Gorgonzola. It's fully grilled Chicken Breasts with topped with Portabella Mushrooms and Diced Tomatoes in a Gorgonzola cheese sauce, and also topped with Coco-Caribe Pesto and Toasted Walnuts.

You would NEVER suspect that this was a frozen entree. It is DEEEEEElicious! It's very very juicy, and the flavor is awesome. Only 30 minutes in the oven and voila! It was $6.29 and serves 2 very large portions.

Also great is their already popped Organic Popcorn with Olive Oil.

And one more...Organic Orange Juice frozen concentrate. I'm picky about fresh orange juice and I liked this...especially knowing it's organic.

Agree totally on the Chicken Gorgonzola. It is one of the few frozen prepared meals that TJ has that is free of gluten. Most of the others have some ingredient or another that I can't have. But TJ does have a lot of gluten free items and they are more reasonable for these items than anywhere else.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:09 PM   #128
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaylady View Post
Is this the one you mentioned that is on Vine Street or is there another new one that you mentioned that is near your work? Or are they one and the same? Just wondering because I thought I knew all the new TJs around and I didn't even know there was one on Vine St or any other new ones in this area.
That is the new TJ's on Vine St near Hollywood Bl in the new W Hotel/apartment complex. I like this one as it is just a couple of blocks from work and has plenty of parking undergound.
It's a lot more convenient for me than the TJ's in Silverlake, close to home.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:17 PM   #129
Senior Cook

Quote:
That is the new TJ's on Vine St near Hollywood Bl in the new W Hotel/apartment complex. I like this one as it is just a couple of blocks from work and has plenty of parking undergound.
It's a lot more convenient for me than the TJ's in Silverlake, close to home.
Wow, I live nearby and I didn't even know they opened one up there! I have one right on my corner on Sunset and Crescent Hts so I am lucky in that respect but I do like to check out the newer ones when they open. The Silverlake store, the last time I was there is very small and hard to move around in unless they renovated it since.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:33 PM   #130
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaylady View Post
Wow, I live nearby and I didn't even know they opened one up there! I have one right on my corner on Sunset and Crescent Hts so I am lucky in that respect but I do like to check out the newer ones when they open. The Silverlake store, the last time I was there is very small and hard to move around in unless they renovated it since.
Funny, that co-worker who lives above TJ's happens to work part time at the theaters where your TJ's is located....

Back in the early 80's I lived very close to Sunset & Cresent Heights.