"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 01-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #171
Cook

My favorite Trader Joe's item is whole-wheat hamburger buns. I usually don't eat buns with my hamburgers if I can avoid it (ie: I'm at home), but I feel a lot better having one when it's whole wheat! I can't beat their version. I also really like their fresh baked breads... yum!

I had no idea liquor stores could be so strictly run! I go to school in Pennsylvania, and here they have two separate stores for beer and liquor. Also, they only serve huge cases of beer at the beer stores, so if you want to buy a 4-pack, 6-pack, etc... you have to go to a bar! Even places like Friday's and Applebee's will serve liquor to "take-out". I find that so strange! In New Jersey, everything you could imagine is served all in the same store.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #172
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyanne View Post
....... Charles Shaw wine aka "2 Buck Chuck" (now 2.99). ......

Actually, they're still $1.99 here. I bought a few bottles last night.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:26 PM   #173
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
Actually, they're still $1.99 here. I bought a few bottles last night.
Yea, L.A. still has the $1.99 price on the Charles Shaw. Other states are higher. My BF buys it every week.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:49 PM   #174
Assistant Cook

Omg.... That is something isn't ? it when i moved to philly from New York.. a few years ago i was like that is sooo stfffrange. and they dont sell beer beverages in local stores here either. So if im going to have an event or party at my house, or the summer BBQ i have to make sure to shop for everything in the wine and spirit store ahead of time... and hope with everything good,.. that we don't run out of anything,,, Lol. Enjoy your Weekend

Jewels
Old 03-17-2011, 08:11 AM   #175
Flour Child

Have you ever tried the Fair Trade "Sumatra" coffee at Trader Joe's? What did you think of it? They were handing out tasters yesterday and I don't know if I was just really in the mood for coffee or if this was exceptionally delicious!! I'm totally unfamiliar with this but it was killer.

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #176
Half Baked

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyanne View Post
Have you ever tried the Fair Trade "Sumatra" coffee at Trader Joe's? What did you think of it? They were handing out tasters yesterday and I don't know if I was just really in the mood for coffee or if this was exceptionally delicious!! I'm totally unfamiliar with this but it was killer.

I have not bought any yet but I tasted it at the store too and it was awesome.

I picked up some Latin style black bean soup there yesterday.I will post the taste test later. I went there specifically for quinoa and was surprised at the 3.99 price.I have paid 6 bucks a box at other places for the same thing.

My Flickr stuff!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/
4meandthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:52 AM   #177
Flour Child

Hi airsidelimo...maybe you could use the searchbox above. Any Asian, Mexican, Middle-Eastern, and Indian dishes are spicy in different ways.

4meandthem...I've heard that Trader Joe's Bay Blend and French Roast coffees are not acidic and the most popular. Also Mocha Java and Italian Expresso aren't bad either. But Bay Blend is on my list to try.

I picked up some Carnitas (mexican seasoned pulled pork) for taco makings and it was awesome with a capital A! Just as good as Chipotle Grill's and it doesn't get any better than that.

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:22 AM   #178
Assistant Cook

I love the Sumatra blend too. Very smooth. My favorite item (besides the frozen gyozas-is that blaspheme on this website?) is the balsamic reduction. Very tasty over seared scallops and a bed of greens.

Caitlin
Old 03-20-2011, 01:46 PM   #179
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlin71809 View Post
I love the Sumatra blend too. Very smooth. My favorite item (besides the frozen gyozas-is that blaspheme on this website?) is the balsamic reduction. Very tasty over seared scallops and a bed of greens.

Caitlin
We are not adverse to frozen items, as a matter of fact, most of us appreciate finding out about new products that save us time and taste good.

The processed foods I have in my kitchen are ones that save me time and I cannot make them better. Oh, and they have no obnoxious additives.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:31 AM   #180
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
We are not adverse to frozen items, as a matter of fact, most of us appreciate finding out about new products that save us time and taste good.

The processed foods I have in my kitchen are ones that save me time and I cannot make them better. Oh, and they have no obnoxious additives.
DH and I love TJ"S eggplant, it's breaded and if cooked in some evoo it is wonderful. It's ready to go.
kades