"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #211
Cook
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 53
Budding foodie here, and I must say that I spent two days reading this entire post! I have a TJ's barely 6 miles from my home, and I've never been. Now thanks to you fine folks, I have a shopping list 1.5 miles long . I can't wait to try some of these items, and to explore my local TJ's, I will report back as soon as I get my taste test on!
__________________

__________________
lisaluvstocook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:39 PM   #212
Cupcake
 
Kathleen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 2,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaluvstocook View Post
Budding foodie here, and I must say that I spent two days reading this entire post! I have a TJ's barely 6 miles from my home, and I've never been. Now thanks to you fine folks, I have a shopping list 1.5 miles long . I can't wait to try some of these items, and to explore my local TJ's, I will report back as soon as I get my taste test on!

Welcome to DC! You have to share what you ended up purchasing at TJs!
__________________

__________________
A little bit Ginger. A little bit Mary Ann.
Kathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:29 AM   #213
Flour Child
 
mollyanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef
BTW, leftover jambalaya is great for making stuffed peppers!
That sounds delicious and healthy, Sir_Loin. I'd like to try that EnglishCheddar/Stilton cheese too.

I had their new Polenta/Spinach/Carrot medley from the frozen section and it was also delicious and healthy!

Also, their packages of all natural freeze-dried Strawberries and Blueberries for snacking or crumbling on top of salads etc were absolutely amazing...berrry crunchy! The blueberry one was recommended by Dr. Oz. They're found in the TrailMix section
__________________


. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:52 AM   #214
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,540
I know I posted in here somewhere but can't remember what!! LOL Soooooo
  1. All natural organic creamy peanut butter (only 2 ingredients!! roasted peanuts and salt)
  2. Pink Himalayan sea salt
  3. Blue Cave aged blue cheese
  4. Several assorted types of crackers
  5. Half and half
  6. Asian (freezer case - stir frys, fried rice)
  7. Coffee Ice Cream
  8. Oatmeal Dunkers cookies
  9. The bagged greens last much longer than Dole or Fresh Express type bagged greens for example
  10. Assorted nuts and seeds - peanuts, cashews, sunflower, almonds
  11. Assorted oils - grapeseed, flaxseed, extra virgin olive oil
  12. Dark chocolate - 85%
  13. Dark chocolate peanut butter cups
  14. Assorted cereals
I am sure there are others.
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:25 PM   #215
Master Chef
 
Kayelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south central coast/California
Posts: 9,896
Welcome to DC Lisa, and to Trader Joe's also.
I don't even know how many posts I have on this thread, but I don't think I ever mentioned their frozen "Karat Cake". It's a small cake, which I appreciate, and as good or better than any carrot cake you've ever tasted, complete with yummy cream cheese frosting on the top. Be sure to take off the paper collar when it's still frozen as the frosting really sticks to the paper. I try to keep one available in the freezer for drop in company, but mostly when the two of us are in that "gotta have it" mood.

((((((((MA))))))))) I'm so happy to see you posting again!! Smooch..
__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:09 PM   #216
Executive Chef
 
bakechef's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle
Welcome to DC Lisa, and to Trader Joe's also.
I don't even know how many posts I have on this thread, but I don't think I ever mentioned their frozen "Karat Cake". It's a small cake, which I appreciate, and as good or better than any carrot cake you've ever tasted, complete with yummy cream cheese frosting on the top. Be sure to take off the paper collar when it's still frozen as the frosting really sticks to the paper. I try to keep one available in the freezer for drop in company, but mostly when the two of us are in that "gotta have it" mood.

((((((((MA))))))))) I'm so happy to see you posting again!! Smooch..
Thanks for the heads up on the "karat" cake. I love carrot cake but rarely make it because it's too much for the two of us because it isn't my partner's favorite, but chocolate cake is another story!
__________________
I'm Bloggin'

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:35 PM   #217
Master Chef
 
Kayelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south central coast/California
Posts: 9,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
Thanks for the heads up on the "karat" cake. I love carrot cake but rarely make it because it's too much for the two of us because it isn't my partner's favorite, but chocolate cake is another story!
They have the same size chocolate cake too bakechef!! One for each of you.
__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #218
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 258
Send a message via AIM to Mark Webster
Have never been to a Trader Joes, but as luck would have it they are opening two stores locally in the next couple of months. Have been to Balduccis in NYC and Dean and Delucas, but looking forward to this grand opening.
__________________
Mark Webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #219
Executive Chef
 
bakechef's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle

They have the same size chocolate cake too bakechef!! One for each of you.
You're a bad influence! LOL!
__________________
I'm Bloggin'

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:02 PM   #220
Master Chef
 
Kayelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south central coast/California
Posts: 9,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Webster View Post
Have never been to a Trader Joes, but as luck would have it they are opening two stores locally in the next couple of months. Have been to Balduccis in NYC and Dean and Delucas, but looking forward to this grand opening.
As luck would have it is right, Mark. I think many of us would love to own some stock in this store!! Have fun, and keep us informed of your discoveries.
__________________

__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.