Favorite Item from Trader Joe's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to TJ's this morning and got my bottle of Rainbow peppercorns.

When I got up to the counter with my little bottle the clerk looked so concerned and said "couldn't you find what you were looking for" to which I replied "Yes and here it is!". I guess she's not used to people that spend less than $100.00 bucks per visit! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I have to admit I was almost tempted to buy a beautiful Cyclamen for $3.99, maybe next time! The beautiful flower display always lifts my spirits. I would like to find out when they come in each week, to insure getting a very fresh bouquet.

I went to TJ's this morning and got my bottle of Rainbow peppercorns.

When I got up to the counter with my little bottle the clerk looked so concerned and said "couldn't you find what you were looking for" to which I replied "Yes and here it is!". I guess she's not used to people that spend less than $100.00 bucks per visit! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I have to admit I was almost tempted to buy a beautiful Cyclamen for $3.99, maybe next time! The beautiful flower display always lifts my spirits. I would like to find out when they come in each week, to insure getting a very fresh bouquet.

I hope you can gift yourself with some fresh flowers there next time AB.
The Alstroemeria flowers I've been buying there last a full week or more.

Last edited:
I love cyclamen. They're really finicky though. $3.99 is a great price, wish TJ's was closer than 3.5 hours away.

TJ's is on my regular route, only 4 1/2 miles from my home. I don't buy much because I have to watch my carbs and it seems like most of the fun interesting things that catch my eye are high in carbs.

As far as plants and flowers go I'm always in the process of killing something! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Right now I have a Red Lion amaryllis that I fished out of the markdown bin at Price Chopper for $3.00. I was rewarded for my rescue efforts by two bloom stalks from the single bulb with a total of seven blossoms. I also have a copper colored 5 inch begonia in blossom from the same store for $1.99. After Valentines day I will prowl around and see what deals I can find.

Every one knows I'm just a second hand rose! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCtrcAp3TEY

I remember the 'midgets' from way back when! :LOL:
I seriously need to get some dried porcinis...thanks MsMofet for another testimonial. I'm sure I'd love them in so many dishes. :yum:
The ground mushroom blends nicely into so many things. I have lots of the TJ grinders but I find the grind to large for some stuff and you can't adjust the grind to finer SOOOOOOOOOOOOO I just put in my grinders (I have several grinders with different things in them) if I want it finer. Never thought to put dry mushrooms in the TJ grinder. VERY good idea!

So has anyone from north of the border shopped at *Pirate Joe's?
Nope--the only location I could find was Vancouver (West Coast). I did go to TJ's when I was in Chicago, once. We just have to make do with what is available none of this TJ favourite stuff here. But I do have some Farm Boy favourites...

Last edited:
Okay found 2 more yummies!!

img_1433188_0_204ad0c2725126f0299c53a117d18acc.png

Olives come in jars. That’s what experience leads one to think. But we’ve got some olives that forego the jar for a much cozier (and more charming) container. Trader Joe’s Marinated Olive Duo with Lemon and Herbs shows up in a vacuum-sealed pouch that is a visual stunner.
The flatter presentation allows you to see exactly what’s in the bag—and what’s in the bag are two kinds of olives, both grown, harvested and processed in Greece.
The first part of the Duo is the Kalamata, named for the city and region on the Peloponnese peninsula from which it comes. Often described simply as “Greek olives,” kalamatas have deep, dark-purple color and an oblong shape. They are sweet, rich, and plump, and here, they are marinated in salt, red wine vinegar, and sunflower oil with sliced green and red peppers.
Its dynamic partner is the Chalkidiki, an olive that originates on a peninsula that bears the same name and is located farther north, next to Macedonia. Chalkidki olives are robust and green, and ours are brined simply in salt and citric and ascorbic acids.
We’ve intentionally used less salt to allow for the ripe olive flavors to really shine, and all of the olives are marinated with Greek lemon and herbs before being vacuum-sealed for freshness. Their flavor and presentation is excellent for adding verve to antipasti, or for enhancing your cocktail party snacking. And with such uncommon and stunning packaging, these Grecian olives make a notable addition to a care package, or serve as an impressive host or hostess gift.
Each 8.8-ounce bag of Marinated Olive Duo with Lemon and Herbs from Greece is just $1.79.

Marinated Olive Duo with Lemon and Herbs | Trader Joe's

img_1433188_1_aa318a5a1641112b00632d622f816da0.png

Tastes like a brownie and crunches like a cookie. Do we need to continue? Oh, yes, we can continue.
You see, we took months to perfect this particular product—because if we were going to go here, we really wanted to get it right. When our tasting panel tried the original incarnation, the reaction was a universal “Ooh, I want to love these, but right now I just kind of like them.”
We knew there was something there, but it wasn’t complete. So we kept trying. And this is not something about which we can complain. After all, these are brownie cookies we’re talking about; at no time at all were they bad. Ever.
Months went by and one day, magic happened. The brownie flavor and the crunchy cookie texture married perfectly. Somehow, when you took a bite of that crunchy cookie, all you tasted was brownie.
And so the story of Trader Joe’s Brownie Crisp ends. Really though, this is where the story begins, because this is where you come in to your neighborhood TJ’s, pick up a bag and bring it home (or at least as far as your car). You’ll take a bite and swear “Cookie!” And then just as quickly, “Brownie!”
You’ll doubt our claims of vegan and gluten free (though they’re definitely definitive). And you’ll plan your next trip to TJ’s perhaps a bit quicker than you’d originally scheduled.
We’re selling each five-ounce bag of kosher-certified Brownie Crisp for $2.99, every day.

Brownie Crisp | Trader Joe's

Back
Top Bottom