Favorite Item from Trader Joe's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone ever try any one of the marinated tri-tips from TJ's? They just look so good to toss on the grill. But at $6.99/lb that's quite a bit more than what I normally pay for plain, non-marinated tri-tips from the local supermarkets. Perhaps I'll try one on my next tri-tip cook.

Anyone ever try any one of the marinated tri-tips from TJ's? They just look so good to toss on the grill. But at $6.99/lb that's quite a bit more than what I normally pay for plain, non-marinated tri-tips from the local supermarkets. Perhaps I'll try one on my next tri-tip cook.

I can't find tri-tips in eastern MA.

Tri-tips are definately a west coast thing.

Santa Maria style BBQ is Tri-tip grilled over oak sliced and served with salsa on top.BBQ beans (McClintocks if you can get em')
and Garlic Bread with a salad. Santa Maria is a town in central CA. that popularized the cut.

I won't pay more than 2.50-3.00 a lb for them myself.They are expensive in the bay area but my BIL goes south regularly and gets them and the beans for me.

Last edited:
I'm not usually an Indian food fan because it's usually too spicy for me but I do love curry (it's very healthy too) and so I purchased Trader Joe's frozen bag of Biryani Curried Rice Dish and WOW...it's got all the bells and whistles! Yum Yum Yum. The flavors are so intense though that I just had a tiny bowl. It would be awesome served with a bland chicken meal maybe. Any suggestions as to what to serve this with?

It's Fat Free, Vegetarian, and No MSG. The ingredients are Rice, Onions, Peas, Red Pepper, Apples, Raisins, and Natural Spices. I don't like raisins but they were delicious in this medley of flavors (plus they were warm and plumped up).

It says it's a "Product of Denmark" :LOL: (i'm not joking)

My favorite way to de-intensify is to add a serving to an omelet or scrambled eggs.

You could also add more cooked rice.

I'm not usually an Indian food fan because it's usually too spicy for me but I do love curry (it's very healthy too) and so I purchased Trader Joe's frozen bag of Biryani Curried Rice Dish and WOW...it's got all the bells and whistles! Yum Yum Yum. The flavors are so intense though that I just had a tiny bowl. It would be awesome served with a bland chicken meal maybe. Any suggestions as to what to serve this with?

It's Fat Free, Vegetarian, and No MSG. The ingredients are Rice, Onions, Peas, Red Pepper, Apples, Raisins, and Natural Spices. I don't like raisins but they were delicious in this medley of flavors (plus they were warm and plumped up).

I like it too. I usually serve it with chicken like you said.

:ROFLMAO:

But I was also startled to read how much Feta cheese they export.

I would serve it with brown basmati rice and chapatis or whole wheat pita. If it was too hot, I would stir in some yoghurt.

Thank you for your suggestion but the main ingredient of this is already rice. The yogurt idea is a great idea. Usually Indian food is too spicy but this one is okay. I just wouldn't want to eat anything else with spice in it.

I love trader joes :)

The chocolate covered almonds, which are sprinkled with some sea salt, are amazing. As are their dark chocolate peanut butter cups, much better than reese's.

My very favorite thing I would get from them was their heirloom tomato pack, but they only carry that a few weeks in the year. It makes the best tomato sauce.

Their nut mixes are all great, the rosemary cranberry and pecan one, sprinkled on top of the sliced heirloom tomatoes that were drizzled with balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt, was the best thing.

They now carry hawaiian pink salt, which is naturally pink for some chemical reason I can't explain. It seems to taste saltier and they sell it in a grinder. I used it in a chocolate cupcake recipe last night!

The banana nut cluster cereal they carry is my favorite cereal ^__^ I usually have it with cold almond milk. They get the banana flavor just right.

And so on, there are too many good things to list :stuart:

I'm going to TJ's on Vine St. after I get off work at 8 tonight. I need to get some pizza ingredients....some canned tomatoes and buffalo mozzarella, among other small items.
I like this new location as it is just a couple of minutes from where I work, and has plenty of parking in it's underground garage.

I am going to dream about the dark chocolate covered cups tonight.And when I wake I want to be standing next to roadfix's wood oven.He will no doubt feed the weirdo he found in his shed.

^ 4me, you're a nut :)

noodlesandstuff, I love all the fun things you mentioned in your post. I've had the chocolate covered almonds and they were to die for! I didn't know there was sea salt on them...no wonder they were so tasty!

I bought Trader Joe's Tuscan Style Fresh Cantaloupe and it was the sweetest cantaloupe I've ever tasted. Then I heated up their BBQ Chicken Pizza and thought, "I'll top it with chunks of this cantaloupe", and WOW! Verrrry yummy combination!

Trader Joes's Chicken Gorgonzola. It's fully grilled Chicken Breasts with topped with Portabella Mushrooms and Diced Tomatoes in a Gorgonzola cheese sauce, and also topped with Coco-Caribe Pesto and Toasted Walnuts.

You would NEVER suspect that this was a frozen entree. It is DEEEEEElicious! It's very very juicy, and the flavor is awesome. Only 30 minutes in the oven and voila! It was $6.29 and serves 2 very large portions.

Also great is their already popped Organic Popcorn with Olive Oil.

And one more...Organic Orange Juice frozen concentrate. I'm picky about fresh orange juice and I liked this...especially knowing it's organic.

Last edited:
I have just discovered their roasted garlic marinara, I love it, great to have around when I don't have my homemade sauce in the freezer.

I bought some roasted Gorgonzola crackers that were quite tasty too, nice blue cheese flavor but not too assertive.

Back
Top Bottom