"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 09-19-2010, 06:15 PM   #51
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyanne View Post
Andy, does she like spicy Thai food? Trader Joe's True Thai Tom Yam Soup with Spinach Mushroom Wontons is great...i think. I mean I don't like spicy foods so I left out the packet they included of 2 skinny red hot chilis, thai basil leaves, and lemongrass. It was really tasty without it but still a little spicy for me...delicious though for thai lovers.

Package says, Imagine yourself sitting on the banks of the Chao Phraya in Central Thailand. Ingredients are: water, wheatflour, coconut milk, carrot, spinach, onion, lemongrass, waterchestnut, turnip, red chili, mushroom, lemonjuice, and soysauce.
Yes she does but doesn't like that soup. I make it myself and she doesn't like it. I'll check out the options next time I go.

I still have some Chinese dumplings I got at the Asian market that I have to cook up.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:49 PM   #52
Cupcake

When I lived on the West Coast, our TJ was such that one could have used it as the primary store. Here, the TJ stores are much smaller. That being said, I love going to them. Some of my favorite items have been mentioned, but two that haven't been are the crispy string beans that you eat like chips. A bit too salty and such to eat all of the time, but yummy. I also like the frozen mushroom medley. It's a good way to get a variety of mushrooms into mushroom dishes and soups with no effort.

I wish I could get wine in stores here.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:39 PM   #53
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathleenA View Post
When I lived on the West Coast, our TJ was such that one could have used it as the primary store. Here, the TJ stores are much smaller. That being said, I love going to them. Some of my favorite items have been mentioned, but two that haven't been are the crispy string beans that you eat like chips. A bit too salty and such to eat all of the time, but yummy. I also like the frozen mushroom medley. It's a good way to get a variety of mushrooms into mushroom dishes and soups with no effort.

I wish I could get wine in stores here.
I forgot about that frozen mushroom medley Kathleen !! I once made a killer cream of mushroom soup with it, so thanks for the reminder.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:25 PM   #54
Flour Child

*adding frozen mushroom medley to my list*...thanks kathleen

I just put together this "recipe" using these products and it was scrumptious:

Martini's Kalamata Olives
(TJ's had 2 brands but I chose the one with less
additives in the ingredients...and anyone with the
name "Martini" must be good )

Aiello's Marinated Celigene Mozzarella Cheese
(marinade is extra virgin olive oil, Garlic,
Oregano, Basil, Parsley, and Red Pepper)

Trader Joe's Giant White Beans aka Fasolia Gigantes
"A Traditional Greek Recipe"...comes in a jar
(ingredients include onion, sunflower oil, carrots,
tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, salt, parsley, pepper)

Pearl Tomatoes
(similar to cherry tomatoes)

Add these in equal amounts with finely sliced Onions,
chopped Fresh Italian Parsley, and Avocado (optional).
Be generous with the oil marinade (that is in with the mozzarella).
I cut the olives/tomatoes/mozzarella up in halves or fourths
so the marinade coated everything well.

Eat it "as is" as a side bean dish OR on pasta or salad.
Serve with TJ's Charles Shaw Merlot
(i think red or white wine would go with this dish)

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:25 PM   #55
Cupcake

MollyAnne, would that side dish hold up for a day or two under refrigeration?

Kayelle, I'll bet the mushroom medley would make a fabulous mushroom soup. I'll have to try it!
Old 09-22-2010, 01:18 AM   #56
Flour Child

Without the avocados, it would last even longer than 2 days under refrigeration...I would say a week. But if you use avocados in it then add a little lemon juice to help retain it's color and then, with that, I'd give it 2 days.

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:42 AM   #57
Flour Child

Bummer...I went to Trader Joe's, list in hand, "kiss-my-face-moisturizer" on my list, and the cute guy in the hawaiian shirt with the question mark sign told me they no longer carry it . I saw "kiss-my-face-shampoo" at my regular grocery store but no moisturizer. They were also out of the dried mushrooms . But they must have had SOMEthing in stock because my bill was $165.00 but I scored !

I got the frozen garlic!

I also bought Langostino Tails (12 oz. peeled and cooked from Chile)...now what do I do with them? I think I had them at the Luna Cafe served over pasta in a red bellpepper alfredo sauce with fresh green peas (i thought they were extra yummy shrimp at the time).

Old 09-26-2010, 12:04 PM   #58
Half Baked

Mollyanne!.......never fear!

kiss my face moisturizer - Google Search

My Flickr stuff!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/
4meandthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:06 PM   #59
Master Chef

Yep MA, I got the same news from my TJ's about Kiss My Face.

I'm nearly out of it so I ordered it here.....
Kiss My Face Natural Face Care - Peaches & Creme AHA 8% - 0300466 | Kiss My Face

I got the Langostino Tails there a while back and used them in a salad. They didn't impress me much for flavor, but you might like them. I'm glad I gave them a try.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:36 PM   #60
Flour Child

phew...thank you both for the "kiss-my-face-moisturizer" website! As soon as I get some I'm going back to the cute Hawaiian-shirted guy and pucker up...i'll let you know if it works

By the way...I bought and tasted their frozen Greek Style Chicken and it was excellent (grilled sliced chicken on a bed of risotto, feta, and kalamata olives)