Favorite Item from Trader Joe's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:ROFLMAO: good golly miss molly......

Don't tell me you don't know about boxed wine!! Tiz a wonderful thing.
It's been around for many many years......I used to take it camping, and my now 30 something little boy would blow up the empty bag inside the box for a pillow, or a float to play in the lake. I'm cracking up with the memory. Now days, with a glass of wine so expensive on cruise ships, we enjoy our boxed wine in our room and figured out a box of $10.00 wine is actually worth $200.00. Told ya I was frugal!!

BTW, boxed wine is sold here in grocery stores, not at TJ's.
HMMMMMMMMMMM Box wine came out right around the same time glass bottles were banned from concerts. :angel: :cool: :-p

New Orleans is a drinking town. Liquor is even available in convenience stores and open all day, all night, Sundays.

New Orleans is a drinking town. Liquor is even available in convenience stores and open all day, all night, Sundays.
I'm not sure about convience stores like 7-11 or the ones in gas stations but I don't recall seeing liquor they either bu then again I have never looked. I go to a liquor store for liquor.

I'm not sure about convience stores like 7-11 or the ones in gas stations but I don't recall seeing liquor they either bu then again I have never looked. I go to a liquor store for liquor.

You're right. I was thinking of Orange County, Florida. Liquor from the convenience store at 7AM, later on Sunday.

I was just so amazed to find that they were available all night and day here.:huh:

In Maine, hard liquor is often available in the regular grocery store. I think that the law says as long as there isn't another liquor store within the shopping center of nearby that the grocery store can carry it. They can all carry wine and beer though.

I forgot about state laws governing liquor sales. Glad I don't live in Utah....lol...

The TJs in New York do not have liquor or wine except the one in New York City has a TJs liquor store a few doors down from the TJs but they can't tell the customers in TJs about it or send them over there. So ridiculous. We are spoiled here in So Cal.

In Washington the state runs the liquor stores; talk about prissy, old-fashioned rules... In general, they open around 11AM and close at 8pm weeknights and sometimes 9pm on weekends. Within the last year or so they have finally decided to have a select few open on Sundays. The majority of the stores are small with a limited selection. They run "specials" where things are on average $1.00 off their regular retail price. The lines are notoriously horrible around the holidays. They will special order stuff though, if you ask. It just seems so archaic to me. :ermm:

My favorite Trader Joe's item is whole-wheat hamburger buns. I usually don't eat buns with my hamburgers if I can avoid it (ie: I'm at home), but I feel a lot better having one when it's whole wheat! I can't beat their version. I also really like their fresh baked breads... yum!

I had no idea liquor stores could be so strictly run! I go to school in Pennsylvania, and here they have two separate stores for beer and liquor. Also, they only serve huge cases of beer at the beer stores, so if you want to buy a 4-pack, 6-pack, etc... you have to go to a bar! Even places like Friday's and Applebee's will serve liquor to "take-out". I find that so strange! In New Jersey, everything you could imagine is served all in the same store.

Omg.... That is something isn't ? it when i moved to philly from New York.. a few years ago i was like that is sooo stfffrange. and they dont sell beer beverages in local stores here either. So if im going to have an event or party at my house, or the summer BBQ i have to make sure to shop for everything in the wine and spirit store ahead of time... and hope with everything good,.. that we don't run out of anything,,, Lol. Enjoy your Weekend

Jewels

Have you ever tried the Fair Trade "Sumatra" coffee at Trader Joe's? What did you think of it? They were handing out tasters yesterday and I don't know if I was just really in the mood for coffee or if this was exceptionally delicious!! I'm totally unfamiliar with this but it was killer.

Have you ever tried the Fair Trade "Sumatra" coffee at Trader Joe's? What did you think of it? They were handing out tasters yesterday and I don't know if I was just really in the mood for coffee or if this was exceptionally delicious!! I'm totally unfamiliar with this but it was killer.

I have not bought any yet but I tasted it at the store too and it was awesome.

I picked up some Latin style black bean soup there yesterday.I will post the taste test later. I went there specifically for quinoa and was surprised at the 3.99 price.I have paid 6 bucks a box at other places for the same thing.

Hi airsidelimo...maybe you could use the searchbox above. Any Asian, Mexican, Middle-Eastern, and Indian dishes are spicy in different ways.

4meandthem...I've heard that Trader Joe's Bay Blend and French Roast coffees are not acidic and the most popular. Also Mocha Java and Italian Expresso aren't bad either. But Bay Blend is on my list to try.

I picked up some Carnitas (mexican seasoned pulled pork) for taco makings and it was awesome with a capital A! Just as good as Chipotle Grill's and it doesn't get any better than that.

Last edited:
I love the Sumatra blend too. Very smooth. My favorite item (besides the frozen gyozas-is that blaspheme on this website?) is the balsamic reduction. Very tasty over seared scallops and a bed of greens.

Caitlin

I love the Sumatra blend too. Very smooth. My favorite item (besides the frozen gyozas-is that blaspheme on this website?) is the balsamic reduction. Very tasty over seared scallops and a bed of greens.

Caitlin

We are not adverse to frozen items, as a matter of fact, most of us appreciate finding out about new products that save us time and taste good.

The processed foods I have in my kitchen are ones that save me time and I cannot make them better. Oh, and they have no obnoxious additives.

We are not adverse to frozen items, as a matter of fact, most of us appreciate finding out about new products that save us time and taste good.

The processed foods I have in my kitchen are ones that save me time and I cannot make them better. Oh, and they have no obnoxious additives.
DH and I love TJ"S eggplant, it's breaded and if cooked in some evoo it is wonderful. It's ready to go.
kades

Back
Top Bottom