Favorite Item from Trader Joe's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was in the same boat when "The Good Food Store" (Whole Foods) stopped carrying my Avalon Organics Peppermint shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. Had to find an online outlet, there were other places in town that sold it, but it cost more there. S&H was cheaper.

SO went to TJs and picked up the French truffles. Very good. Olive tapenade -also good. We have the roasted red pepper tapenade too but haven't tasted it yet.

Trader Joe's Heirloom "Kumato" Tomatoes are Deeeeliscious....very fresh and perfectly ripe... deep red juicy full of flavor. They're grown in Canada and I paid 3.49 for a pound.

Last edited:
Check this out: I have a personal TJ shopper now. :)))
My co-worker (employee) lives 3 floors above this brand new TJ's in Hollywood in her new high rise building. I call at her 7:30 in the morning and tell her what I need and she's in with the goods at 9am when I open shop.... ...just saying...

went there via obligation last winter, during this blizzard, when 'iggle was closed by 4:45 & that. i was thoughol, thoroughly un-impressed by thier food.
i ain't getting this hoopla 'bout thier items. i found citterio fresco bresoala there, & over-priced seasalt; then, other than that....... :(

Check this out: I have a personal TJ shopper now. :)))
My co-worker (employee) lives 3 floors above this brand new TJ's in Hollywood in her new high rise building. I call at her 7:30 in the morning and tell her what I need and she's in with the goods at 9am when I open shop.... ...just saying...

Gee, sounds ritzy and posh! :LOL:

Not really....just an ordinary looking allocated low-income 2-bedroom apt for her and her son. She doesn't cook so acquiring this apt and having TJ's directly beneath her was a godsend. The only kitchen appliance she uses is the microwave.

I meant for you to have a personal buyer! I should be so lucky!:ROFLMAO:

went there via obligation last winter, during this blizzard, when 'iggle was closed by 4:45 & that. i was thoughol, thoroughly un-impressed by thier food.
i ain't getting this hoopla 'bout thier items. i found citterio fresco bresoala there, & over-priced seasalt; then, other than that....... :(

Huh? The only thing I understood was over priced sea salt. I can't imagine not being able to find anything to like at TJ's, but to each their own. :neutral:

Huh? The only thing I understood was over priced sea salt. I can't imagine not being able to find anything to like at TJ's, but to each their own. :neutral:

Me either, Kayelle. Around here, TJ has lots of healthy items, and is definitely cheaper for what they have than elsewhere. Maybe it is a regional issue. My mother lives in a place where one can obtain fresh foods that are healthier at small Mom and Pop markets. We do not have so many of that kind of thing here....definitely not cheaper than TJ. :neutral:

~Kathleen

I have to agree with both kathleen and kayelle...Trader Joe's items are healthy and very very reasonably priced. Their prepared items use
quality, natural ingredients:
NO artificial flavors, colors or preservatives
NO genetically modified ingredients
NO MSG
NO added Trans Fats

(The only negative would be the salt content but you don't have to eat more than one prepared item a day and use their fresh ingredients the rest of the day. You can also use a healthy portion and add a salad or fresh veggie and fruit)

Their Cioppini seafood stew is impressive! High in protein and low in fat.
Full of good quality seafood...cod, shrimp, scallops, and mussels, and they don't scrimp on the portions of seafood. The tomato sauce boils down to a thick consistency. One bag serves two if you add a small salad and bread (or pour it over rice...spanish rice works well). Serving a high quality meal such as this for two for 4.99 is a deal!

The recipe for Cioppini was originally created in San Francisco for their Italian restaurants according to wiki.

I respect your right to your own opinion but you've only been once? ...during a blizzard? Perhaps they weren't at their peak performance. Your Piggly Wiggly store was closed for a reason...yes? At least TJ's was open. How was the "citterio fresco bresoala"?

luvs said:
if yins only knew
Knew what? Please edjeecate us.

luvs said:
thier food was a blantant disappointment
You've only been once. If you got the Korean Short Ribs then I can understand. No place is perfect at all times.

I wanted to check out the brand new TJ's just a couple of blocks from where I work so I shopped there last night after getting off work. Nice, big store, wide aisles, with validated parking. I purchased a six pak of Black Toad beer and some gorgonzola cheese. I also saw some marinated tri-tips in the meat counter. I will try that next time.
Roadfix was very happy with this TJ's.

Last edited:
we ain't got piggly this-&-that's; i'm a northerner; yepper, i am permitted opinions, & that snow, that arrived that afternoon, so that excuse, huh-uh; those others were quite smart & cut thier losses so as 2 keep people well; & i ain't givin info unless yins would luv 2 pay my schooling funds~
& that bresoala was less than i am accustomed 2 from my other places~

Back
Top Bottom