Favorite Item from Trader Joe's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Roasted Garlic Marinara is on my list now...thanks bakechef and roadfix.

I just tried their Boeuf Bourguignon that was out of this world! Yum!!
I highly recommend it but I thought the ratio of beef to gravy was a little off. I served it with mashed potatoes though which helped to soak up the extra gravy. Extremely good flavor and tender beef.
Shared with my son...
plenty for 2 @ $6.99 for 20 oz (1LB 4oz)

Also, new on the shelves is Candy Cane Oreo Cookies...just like Oreos but with tiny bits of candy cane in the white filling. Very very good!

I am SO jealous! When we were on the road we hit Trader Joe's in many cities, but now there isn't one within a day's drive! My mouth is watering!

That sounds refreshingly different, 4me, and wonderful for the holidays. Tonight, I tasted their Stuffed Salmon Belle Mer and it was sooooo good! It's a 6 oz medallion of Alaskan Salmon stuffed with Rice, Surimi Crabmeat, Monterey Jack Cheese, Shrimp, and Seasonings. It was very very tasty. No artificial flavors and no preservatives. I served it with their French Haricot Verts (tiny green beans) and a homemade medley (thrown together) of WildMushrooms, JasmineRice, BlackBeans, Garlic, LtCream, Chardonnay, and Seasonings.

Check this out: I have a personal TJ shopper now. :)))
My co-worker (employee) lives 3 floors above this brand new TJ's in Hollywood in her new high rise building. I call at her 7:30 in the morning and tell her what I need and she's in with the goods at 9am when I open shop.... ...just saying...

Is this the one you mentioned that is on Vine Street or is there another new one that you mentioned that is near your work? Or are they one and the same? Just wondering because I thought I knew all the new TJs around and I didn't even know there was one on Vine St or any other new ones in this area.

Check this out: I have a personal TJ shopper now. :)))
My co-worker (employee) lives 3 floors above this brand new TJ's in Hollywood in her new high rise building. I call at her 7:30 in the morning and tell her what I need and she's in with the goods at 9am when I open shop.... ...just saying...

Trader Joes's Chicken Gorgonzola. It's fully grilled Chicken Breasts with topped with Portabella Mushrooms and Diced Tomatoes in a Gorgonzola cheese sauce, and also topped with Coco-Caribe Pesto and Toasted Walnuts.

You would NEVER suspect that this was a frozen entree. It is DEEEEEElicious! It's very very juicy, and the flavor is awesome. Only 30 minutes in the oven and voila! It was $6.29 and serves 2 very large portions.

Also great is their already popped Organic Popcorn with Olive Oil.

And one more...Organic Orange Juice frozen concentrate. I'm picky about fresh orange juice and I liked this...especially knowing it's organic.

Agree totally on the Chicken Gorgonzola. It is one of the few frozen prepared meals that TJ has that is free of gluten. Most of the others have some ingredient or another that I can't have. But TJ does have a lot of gluten free items and they are more reasonable for these items than anywhere else.

Is this the one you mentioned that is on Vine Street or is there another new one that you mentioned that is near your work? Or are they one and the same? Just wondering because I thought I knew all the new TJs around and I didn't even know there was one on Vine St or any other new ones in this area.
That is the new TJ's on Vine St near Hollywood Bl in the new W Hotel/apartment complex. I like this one as it is just a couple of blocks from work and has plenty of parking undergound.
It's a lot more convenient for me than the TJ's in Silverlake, close to home.

That is the new TJ's on Vine St near Hollywood Bl in the new W Hotel/apartment complex. I like this one as it is just a couple of blocks from work and has plenty of parking undergound.
It's a lot more convenient for me than the TJ's in Silverlake, close to home.

Wow, I live nearby and I didn't even know they opened one up there! I have one right on my corner on Sunset and Crescent Hts so I am lucky in that respect but I do like to check out the newer ones when they open. The Silverlake store, the last time I was there is very small and hard to move around in unless they renovated it since.

Wow, I live nearby and I didn't even know they opened one up there! I have one right on my corner on Sunset and Crescent Hts so I am lucky in that respect but I do like to check out the newer ones when they open. The Silverlake store, the last time I was there is very small and hard to move around in unless they renovated it since.
Funny, that co-worker who lives above TJ's happens to work part time at the theaters where your TJ's is located....

Back in the early 80's I lived very close to Sunset & Cresent Heights.

Last edited:
Funny, that co-worker who lives above TJ's happens to work part time at the theaters where your TJ's is located....

Back in the early 80's I lived very close to Sunset & Cresent Heights.

I've been living here since about '84. That is a good movie theater, BTW.

I am SO jealous! When we were on the road we hit Trader Joe's in many cities, but now there isn't one within a day's drive! My mouth is watering!

I see you're from Galena, IL. There's one in or around Northbrook, which is a suburb just north of Chicago. I've been there. That's what -- about 150 miles? A fair stretch, but less than a day's drive.

I stumbled across this thread just now, and I just gotta say that you folks who have a TJ's in your town should consider yourselves fortunate. I lived in SoCal for about 24 years, and just took TJ's for granted after a while. There isn't a single one in the entire state of Texas. And I miss them. I visited my daughter in Chicago this past summer and ran across the TJ's up there, and brought some of my favorite goodies home with me. But all too soon it'll be all gone and I'll be TJ-less once more.

I got kinda ticked about this, so I visited their website and asked them just what their problem was with Texas. I mean, Leawood, Kansas? If they can find their way to put a location into a tiny community like Leawood, KS, what's the problem with a booming metropolis like Houston? There's nothing like TJ's here, and it would be a hit, guaranteed.

If you were to ask my wife what she misses most about TJ's, she'd probably say their New York-style cheesecake. Ask me, it would probably be their Bay Blend coffee. Man I love that stuff. Makes great espresso too.

Thanks, cooltouch...I'm going to try the Bay Blend Coffee next time.

I served their Balsamic Glazed Grilled Sweet Onions with Alaskan Baked Salmon and asparagus and they were a big hit...HUGE!

Thanks, cooltouch...I'm going to try the Bay Blend Coffee next time.

I served their Balsamic Glazed Grilled Sweet Onions with Alaskan Baked Salmon and asparagus and they were a big hit...HUGE!

The onions sound really good. I'm assuming they were already prepared. I'm looking for recipes/uses for Balsamic vinegar. Guess I'll start a new thread.

See, you've inspired me again.:chef:

Aged Blue Cave Blue Cheese

Organic Peanut butter

Basmati rice with garden herbs and veggies

Spinach and chive linguine

Garlic and herb linguine

Back
Top Bottom