Favourite Asian noodle dish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bun (vietnamese-pronounced boon) and pancit (phillipino)

Bun is thin rice noodles mixed with bean sprouts,shredded carrot,herbs and sometimes lettuce.It is usually served with your choice of meat on top. You add your fish sauce,soy,hoisin,sri hacha to taste and mix together.like pho without the broth.

Pancit is a yellow pan fried noodle. I make mine with mixed asian mushrooms and some asian chives that have been sauteed first.

4meandthem said:
Bun (vietnamese-pronounced boon) and pancit (phillipino)

Bun is thin rice noodles mixed with bean sprouts,shredded carrot,herbs and sometimes lettuce.It is usually served with your choice of meat on top. You add your fish sauce,soy,hoisin,sri hacha to taste and mix together.like pho without the broth.

Pancit is a yellow pan fried noodle. I make mine with mixed asian mushrooms and some asian chives that have been sauteed first.

Yum. I'm definitely going to look up a recipe for Bun. Sounds like my style. I also love Beef Pho!

Asian noodles! I want to try them all. Once upon a time, the FDA prohibited them to be packaged with the term "noodle" or "pasta," and required the term "alimentary paste." First two of mine to come to mind are: 1) ramen, the real thing, and 2) zaru soba, real buckwheat and tsu-yu dipping broth preferably both chilled.

I love almost all asian noodles when they are cooked right.

Pad kee mao, very spicy and pad see you are right up there on my list.

I love a well-prepared pad thai, but so many places give you mediocre these days.

I love pho, but I'd call that a soup and not really a noodle dish.

Bun with grilled shrimp on sugarcane is another favorite.

One of my favorites is Maifun, (noodles made from rice flour). I like to soften them in either vegetable broth or chicken broth and then use that as a base for a noodle dish.

There are so many variations to what you can do with noodles! Thousands of recipes!

Noodle Omelet

Mix softened/drained maifun noodles with your favorite omelet dice and keep them warm.

Use a large 4 or 5 inch stainless steel cookie cutter and place it into a hot, very lightly oiled pan so that the cookie cutter is flush all around.

Fill the cookie cutter with noodle/dice mix to the top and press them in lightly so they are flush with the top.

Then drizzle beaten egg, over the noodles, letting it set and seal the bottom, then fill it with the egg. Partialy filling the cutter and progressively filling with the egg mix is better for presentation.

When set good, gently turn it over to brown the other side remove cutter after placing on the plate, drizzle your favorite sauce over it and eat!

My favorite cutter is a heart. It makes the plate look happy!

I am not familiar with that style of pancit and I have never seen yellow pan fried noodles, and I was married to a Pinay. What is that particular pancit style called, and what type of noodle is it?

I am not familiar with that style of pancit and I have never seen yellow pan fried noodles, and I was married to a Pinay. What is that particular pancit style called, and what type of noodle is it?

The package just says Pancit! I bought it fresh at my local asian market.
One of the ingredients is yellow dye though. It looks similar to a curly ramen.

Pad Thai and a noodle dish we get at a local Chinese place with loads of Asian greens in it, forgot what they call it. It's not on the menu, I just saw the owner eating some with her kids and asked if I could order some. It was fresh and light with a hint of chili and I think lime.

The package just says Pancit! I bought it fresh at my local asian market.
One of the ingredients is yellow dye though. It looks similar to a curly ramen.

Could that possibly be pacit canton, which is similar to Chinese lo mein or chow mien?

Personally, I use the same recipe for pancit bihon and pancit canton, except for the noodles. Bihon has really thin rice noodles, while canton has thicker Chinese style wheat noodles. They both also include shredded cabbage, pork shoulder and chicken livers. But my favorite is still pancit palabok with shrimp sauce, shredded cabbage, shrimp, sliced egg, and dinipa (crushed pork rinds)

I've yet to meet an Asian noodle dish I didn't like except for bean threads, which I don't care for at all. So long as there's lots of "stuff" - veggies, etc. - involved, I'm a happy camper whether it's Lo Mein, Chow Fun, Singapore curry style, or ramen.

Bun. Mee Krob (which I can never get and don't like frying enough to try it at home). Singapore rice noodles. Almost any thin noodle dish (be it wheat, rice, or bean threads). For some reason I like my noodles thin.

I've never met an Asian noodle dish I didn't like. Lo mein, dun dun (or dan dan), pancit bihon, soba, pad thai, etc. When I really like them, I try to make them at home.

Most recently, we went to a city wide music festival in an adjacent community which features all kinds of ethnic food booths. The longest lines are always at the Filipino booth. They always feature a version of a pancit bihon with either lap chang, or chicken along with other foods. The pancit is always tasty.

Could that possibly be pacit canton, which is similar to Chinese lo mein or chow mien?

Personally, I use the same recipe for pancit bihon and pancit canton, except for the noodles. Bihon has really thin rice noodles, while canton has thicker Chinese style wheat noodles. They both also include shredded cabbage, pork shoulder and chicken livers. But my favorite is still pancit palabok with shrimp sauce, shredded cabbage, shrimp, sliced egg, and dinipa (crushed pork rinds)

They are more like the chow mein! All of your pancit dishes sound awesome!

Back
Top Bottom