Feeling guilty but happy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danbuter

Senior Cook
I got home from a long day at work and I didn't feel like cooking. So I sat down and ate a pound of potato salad.

Delicious!!!

I got home from a long day at work and I didn't feel like cooking. So I sat down and ate a pound of potato salad.

Delicious!!!

I ate pretzel chips and hummus dip two nights in a row! Don't feel guilty :cool:

At least it wasn't a pound of potato chips or a pound of ice cream.

I came close - I ate 4 of these, right out of the oven!
Chocolate Espresso Chews
PH2006071301541.jpg

Last edited:
" I sat down and ate a pound of potato salad. "

I can think of a number of foods that I could do that to. Depends on what's closest and Ready Right Now. I wonder how much is a pound of Ice Cream. Probably not very much.

I've probably ate a half-pound of ice cream but not any time within the last dozen years. Demons. I drove them out. All I've got are little critter demons left.

The problem is that they can make you think you are happy.

Not sure what you're saying Addie. Eating a half-pound of ice cream is not a solution. (Or a pound of potato salad.) It's a symptom. Whether you're happy isn't relevant to whether you have a disease.

Sorry I guess I'm getting off topic... But isn't the topic guilt vs. happiness? What's there to feel guilt about unless you know that there's something remiss? If anyone feels guilty then there is something wrong at least on some level.

I feel guilty because I have been losing weight and really watching what I eat. Don't blow it out of proportion. Also, the minor amount of guilt I felt was nothing compared to how good that potato salad was!

Last edited:
We all have to let loose sometimes, even if we are NOT supposed to eat something because of our health. I try to have a free day at least every two weeks so I don't feel deprived. I get tired of cardboard and water...

We all have to let loose sometimes, even if we are NOT supposed to eat something because of our health. I try to have a free day at least every two weeks so I don't feel deprived. I get tired of cardboard and water...
I was just going to write that we all need to take a short break once in a while. Free day is a better description.

Me too. A really good potato salad.

A pound really isn't that much.

Last edited:
Hack, cough cough. Am thinking the potato salad might go down easier.

Back
Top Bottom