Feeling Really Dumb!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:stuart: Where's Alix? I want to remind her that my participle is still dangling.:LOL:

Last edited:
Sorry, LindaLou. We do get silly sometimes. That's what's neat about DC. Sometimes you get TNT recipes that have all the kinks ironed out already.

Barbara L said:
:stuart: ¿ʇɐႡʇ ʎɐs noʎ sәʞɐɯ ʇɐႡʍ ¿sn ¿ɹoɯnႡ ɟo әsuәs әɹɹɐz!q

Lol! Okay..... This is funnier than some might think.....I mostly use my IPhone and am able to flip it upside down and side to side. Problem is........the "smart phone" knows this and compensates, so I could "flip" all day and still not get this right side up. Dawgluver will have the same issue with the IPad, I believe! Rofl!!!

I've just joined this forum this evening and I keep seeing something over and over that I don't understand.

Can someone please tell me what TNT means?

I am sure I will be having one of those DUH moments when I find out.

Thanks for not laughing too hard ;)

Don't feel bad, when I started I saw the initials DH and thought it meant, "dumb husband." Now I know it's "DEAR husband." - :ROFLMAO:

Welcome, this is a fun site.

LindaZ said:
Don't feel bad, when I started I saw the initials DH and thought it meant, "dumb husband." Now I know it's "DEAR husband." - :ROFLMAO:

Welcome, this is a fun site.

You mean it's NOT "dumb husband"? To think I've been using DH all this time...

Oh, lord, you have me confused. But I sympathize. The first time I stayed in a really new home I was house-sitting for friends in Scottsdale. I began to realize the house was smarter than I am. Fridge with icemaker. Two separate A/C units, a pool with a self-cleaning vacuum cleaner. Automatic sprinkler system with something like a half-dozen zones. Things were always turning on and off and we were wondering what in hades was going on.

Now I trust my electronics to a friend who comes by and knows we need basics. My cell phone is a cheap tracfone that I buy minute by minute, and have not figured out how to retrieve voice mail (my sis set it up but I really cannot remember how to get the alpha to the numerical for my code. A thief could extract any messages long before I could). My computer needs to be very basic. Ironically, when we first started on the electronics, I could completely set up a computer and all of our entertainment systems. I could scan and copy and send. Now, ten years later, I can't even print something. Every advance leaves me more and more and more stupid.

For the first couple months I was on the site I frequently had to Google acronyms I saw here. Now it's only occasional. :)

...Now, ten years later, I can't even print something. Every advance leaves me more and more and more stupid.
This reminds me of college. The further I went in college, the more I realized I didn't know.

I know what you mean about today's technology taking off like it is. Just about the time you almost figure something out, it changes. :wacko:

This reminds me of college. The further I went in college, the more I realized I didn't know.

I know what you mean about today's technology taking off like it is. Just about the time you almost figure something out, it changes. :wacko:

I guess we're all most comfortable with the technology we grew up with.

My 4 YO grandson has no problem picking up my cell phone and takng pictures with it. Today, while talking to SO on my cell, he calmly switched it to speaker phone and set it on the counter while continuing the conversation.

I guess we're all most comfortable with the technology we grew up with.

My 4 YO grandson has no problem picking up my cell phone and takng pictures with it. Today, while talking to SO on my cell, he calmly switched it to speaker phone and set it on the counter while continuing the conversation.
Actually James and I are both pretty technology savvy, but I can assure you neither of us will ever be in any danger of wearing our thumbs out texting. :LOL: We both know how to text, but it is a long, arduous process!:wacko:

Actually James and I are both pretty technology savvy, but I can assure you neither of us will ever be in any danger of wearing our thumbs out texting. :LOL: We both know how to text, but it is a long, arduous process!:wacko:

Me too. I still get hung up on proper capitalization, punctuation and proper English so texting makes me crazy.

Me too. I still get hung up on proper capitalization, punctuation and proper English so texting makes me crazy.
I have the same hang-up. I don't like all lowercase (or all uppercase), and I am not a big fan of abbreviations, so that makes texting more challenging! And don't get me started on punctuation!

taxlady said:
My phone has predictive typing, so it would take me longer to type abbreviations, than just spell it out.

Just trying to type " ' em" instead of "them" and getting "Em" for a half hour, I gave up arguing. They have minds of their own.

Back
Top Bottom