"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 01-11-2009, 09:44 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
You know what, plumeria, you could do what I did. Find a giving member of DC who would mail you some of your cereal.

There is a kind of cracker that is only available in the New England part of our country. One of our wonderful DC members mailed us several boxes...for the price of the crackers, plus USPS shipping. Happy, happy, happy.

You might check into that.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:23 PM   #12
Head Chef

^Katie, I am sorry to say that I recently read that they stopped baking those crackers again.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #13
Assistant Cook

My....my what a wonderful group you all are. Thanks for all the info. I'm overwhelmed.....really!
I have a hard time comparing wheatena with cream of wheat. They both taste totally different to me. I like cream of wheat but mmmmmmmm wheatena is soooo good. Or I should say that it used to taste good to me. Maybe it won't when I finally find it.
But anyway I am on a hunt and thank you all again. When I do find it and sit down for a bowl of it I will let you know just how good (I hope) it was.

Stay warm!!!!!! I'll send some of our sunshine to warm you all!
Old 01-11-2009, 11:47 PM   #14
Assistant Cook

Thank you so much for the information. I must say this is a wondeful site and I will pass on this site to those here in Hawaii.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:11 PM   #15
Assistant Cook

Re: Finding Wheatena

I live in the NE corner of Massachusetts, near the sea. I ate Wheatena as a kid in the 1950's. There was a period of time when it was impossible to find. But, somebody else who really missed the product, bought the rights to manufacture it again. Here is a link, to the company's website (in PA.)

[Just found out that as a new member, I can'tyet post any URLs. That's understandable. Google for "Homestat Farm Cereals'. That should bring you right to their website. Feel free to e-mail me, privately, if you are still not able to connect with the product. I am not connected with the manufacturer, in any way. I just love Wheateena, and was once trying hard to re-connect with it, myself!

They also manufacture other, hard-to-find older cereals. The website has a good selection of recipes for incorporating Wheateena into baking, pancakes, etc. I'm sure they will ship you any supplies you may want!

I got the website URL, right off a fresh box, that I just opened. It may be my favorite hot cereal, although I'd hate to be without my steel-cut oats (aka: Irish, or Scots Oatmeal.) This is available as steel-cut oatmeal in many natural foods stores. Bought in bulk, from bins, it is very reasonably priced, much less than the Irish and Scottis brands, sold very dearly, in fancy tins!

'athenryyank' - who joined tonight, just to post this info to you.