FlavoredPowders and Spice Equivalents?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jim2100

Assistant Cook
Hi
First time posting here.

I have just bought some powdered spices, and am wondering how to use them.
Jalapeno Pepper How much is one pepper?
Worcestershire Sauce powder?
Lemon Peel, granulated?

Would appreciate any help in using these powders.
Thanks
Jim

jim2100 said:
Hi
First time posting here.

I have just bought some powdered spices, and am wondering how to use them.
Jalapeno Pepper How much is one pepper?
Worcestershire Sauce powder?
Lemon Peel, granulated?

Would appreciate any help in using these powders.
Thanks
Jim

Hopefully somewhere on that bottle/jarpacket there is an equivalent suggestion. I've never heard of Worcestershire Sauce powder.

Thanks All for the nice welcome.

I got them at www.AmericanSpice.com but found another site located in the very same city in Ft Wayne Indidana of all places. The company I just found with cheaper prices is http://www.suttonsbaytrading.com

Both are very good companies.
No equivalencies on the bottles, much to my surprise.

I don't have any particular recipes in mind. I just got the spices because I like them.
I like Jalapenos from my stay in Texas.
Everyone I imagine likes Worcestershire sauce. Thought it too would be convienent in the powder form.
And Lemon, Thought I would always have lemon on hand if I had it in the dry form.
I am really into BBQ'g or more properly, smoking. Just bought a ceramic cooker last fall and started cooking again after thirty or more years of doing nothing. Figure time is running out with me, so better start if I ever want to learn to cook all over again.
So even though I am 62 yrs. old, I am just starting again. Here is the web site of the Ceramic cooker. WWW.PrimoGrill.com , the more popular one is the Big Green Egg. What a cool way to cook.
Also I got some Ancho pepper, New Mexico Chilli Powder. both low on the Scoville Scale. here http://www.chemsoc.org/exemplarchem/entries/mbellringer/scoville.htm

Thanks
Jim
aka Smokin' Oval

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom