Flavour combinations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leaf Storm

Senior Cook
What flavours do you have a fondness for?

I seem to like hot and sweet together. I make my own curry recipe hot and sweet and I have a chilli recipe of my own invention that I make hot and sweet too.

How about you?

Ah yeah! That's another one of mine!!! :)

People think that I am weird but I like to buy a packet of chips ( crisps ) and a chocolate bar and eat them kinda together. I like the combination of the sweet and the chocolate!

mmmm, pa baker, if you can find it, try ben & jerry's chubby hubby ice cream. peanut butter filled, chocolate covered pretzels in peanut butter swirl ice cream...

leafy, try thai sweet chilli sauce. it's like an asian duck sauce, but it has bits of hot chilli pepper flakes in it. very good on grilled chicken and fish...

Leaf Storm said:
Ah yeah! That's another one of mine!!! :)

People think that I am weird but I like to buy a packet of chips ( crisps ) and a chocolate bar and eat them kinda together. I like the combination of the sweet and the chocolate!

I'd do that too, leaf--it sounds good! Something else I've done, and not in a long while since I try to eat semi-healthy, is to dip french fries in a chocolate milkshake. Sounds gross, I know, but it satisfies that sweet/salty thing! :)

buckytom said:
mmmm, pa baker, if you can find it, try ben & jerry's chubby hubby ice cream. peanut butter filled, chocolate covered pretzels in peanut butter swirl ice cream...

leafy, try thai sweet chilli sauce. it's like an asian duck sauce, but it has bits of hot chilli pepper flakes in it. very good on grilled chicken and fish...

Mmmm, those both sound good! I have tried something like the sauce you suggested. I tried a sweet chilli and garlic sauce. My GOD was I obsessed!!! lol Thanks for the sugestion! I might have to go get some sweet chilli sauce :)

PA Baker said:
I'd do that too, leaf--it sounds good! Something else I've done, and not in a long while since I try to eat semi-healthy, is to dip french fries in a chocolate milkshake. Sounds gross, I know, but it satisfies that sweet/salty thing!

Sounds good to me :D

PA, I love getting a Frosty from Wendy's & an order of fries to dip in it! Nothing like hot salty fries & a cold chocolate Frosty! So, I guess my flavor combination would have to be sweet & salty too.

crewsk said:
PA, I love getting a Frosty from Wendy's & an order of fries to dip in it! Nothing like hot salty fries & a cold chocolate Frosty! So, I guess my flavor combination would have to be sweet & salty too.

Yep :!: I love fries with a chocolate shake.

Leaf Storm said:
What flavours do you have a fondness for?

I seem to like hot and sweet together. I make my own curry recipe hot and sweet and I have a chilli recipe of my own invention that I make hot and sweet too.

How about you?

Vinegar and sugar makes a good combination.

Everybody liking sweet and salty here? Guess I am not too weird after all lol

(chasing toad..... making "Stimpy" noises) Crewsk.... I'll give ya a big salty french fry!
23.gif

(hiding from Elf)
8.gif

crewsk said:

I had something similar today crewsk, I went to DQ and had an order of fries and one of their soft icecream espresso milkshakes to dip the fries in, I am not certain anyone here in Eugene understood that it was good, the air temp was 42 and I am eating a milk shake. Ah well, I liked it.

I like chocolate with ginger... sweet and salty... french fries dipped in mayo, bleu cheese, ranch dressing or french-onion dip. Someone told me once about put chocolate and coconut on a baked potato... not sure about that though.

Juliev said:
I like chocolate with ginger... sweet and salty... french fries dipped in mayo, bleu cheese, ranch dressing or french-onion dip. Someone told me once about put chocolate and coconut on a baked potato... not sure about that though.

Juliev, never thought of chocolate and ginger, but I love them both. I usually dip fries in nothing, daughter dips in 1000 island dressing. I love chocolate, roasted or toasted coconut and baked potatoes, however, not on the same plate. I did once dip fries in wasabi mayo, not bad. We were out for lunch Sunday and daughter had sweet potate fries and dipped them in BBQ sauce, UGH. I did not like the fries but the BBQ sauce was awesome on the burger.

Sometimes I take a slice of cheesecake and drizzle melted peanut butter over it. YUM

**drool**@bbq sauce on a burger. ok.. Im almost done eating my sketti and you're making me hungry again. I'll have to work out two hours tonight now.

wasabi said:
Sometimes I take a slice of cheesecake and drizzle melted peanut butter over it. YUM
**drool** again.. my tongue is hangin out.. lol :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom