Flax/Chia seed blend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
DH brought this home after a shopping foray. We're not smoothie people. What the heck do I do with it?
ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1491769331.126054.jpg

That's what I told him. Wonder if they're viable? Thinking I could use them to reseed some bare patches in the lawn.

Last edited:
That's what I told him. Wonder if they're viable? Thinking I could use them to reseed some bare patches in the lawn.

I suppose you could sneak them into things like oatmeal, meatloaf, etc...

or you could toss them in the missionary barrel for someone else to use. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

And they won't know what to do with them either! Of all things to buy. Decorated earplugs would be more useful.

Been doing sort of a paleo diet trying to clear out yeast overgrowth so I've been experimenting with (edible) snacks to have on hand at work. I'd use that in nut and seed bars.

What I've found with chia seeds is that they swell, and get stuck in one's teeth. Smile!

Thinking they may be harmful to birds, otherwise I'd roll them up in suet and make a bird feeder.

Well 1 tablespoon of flaxseed per day keeps the tummy regular, but remember they are poisonous and dangerous to eat crushed in large amounts raw, slightly less dangerous when cooked.

Chia seeds 15 grams is the maximum per day after that it, unless you are working out like mad and runs alot , they help you gain weight and make you plump.

Thanks guys. Reseeding the lawn with them is sounding better and better.

Ground up, they can be used as thickening/binding agents for cooking, especially baking. We use them in place of eggs, since Chia with some water creates a very... unpleasant (unless you like snot texture) goo.

Usually a 1:3 ratio of Chia/Flax to water. Not sure if the blend would measure differently.

Thanks guys. Reseeding the lawn with them is sounding better and better.

You could grab an old clay pot, soak it, schmear it with the seeds and grow your own Chia pet. Sculpted in DH's image, it may make a nice gift for him. :D:LOL:

You could grab an old clay pot, soak it, schmear it with the seeds and grow your own Chia pet. Sculpted in DH's image, it may make a nice gift for him. :D:LOL:

:LOL: And flax has pretty blue flowers. You may be onto something here, Cheryl!

dawgluver, then you could take the flax fibers make into yarn, it is hard work but worth it and weave your own linen cloth!

Yes , I know and have made flax into linen cloth, it isnt easy , takes months but you do feel proud owning something you made from scratch.

dawgluver, then you could take the flax fibers make into yarn, it is hard work but worth it and weave your own linen cloth!

Yes , I know and have made flax into linen cloth, it isnt easy , takes months but you do feel proud owning something you made from scratch.

I'd have to use really tiny knitting needles. Oh, wait, you mean after the flax has grown.

I looked up feeding the seeds to the birds. They don't like them either.

If you made a bird a smoothie...:whistling:

I say put a tray of it out for the squirrels to see if they like it. From what I can tell, those tree rats will eat ANYTHING.

If you give a mouse a cookie...

My tree rats are already so fat and sassy. I don't think they like flax and chia either. They're more into caviar and champagne.

If you give a mouse a cookie...

My tree rats are already so fat and sassy. I don't think they like flax and chia either. They're more into caviar and champagne.

Maybe you should just hang onto it and every time DH heads for the store you could hand it to him as a gentle reminder.

or maybe read him the story of Jack and the beanstalk! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Jack-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom