"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 06-07-2016, 06:49 PM   #11
Head Chef

And the finished product with a celery, parsley, basil salad with a black pepper/caramel drizzle.

Have to admit, we ate the ends while I was finishing dinner. It is so good, smooth, creamy, extremely rich. We decided on just 1 slice each for our actual meal after eating the ends. 6 more slices have been vacu-packed in packages of 2 each and are in the freezer firming up before final bagging. It was melting at room temp. Craig put his finger on 1 slice and it really started to melt.

Next time, if there is one, I'll use white pepper. One site said not to use it because they felt it gave a chemical aftertaste but I'm not sure I like seeing it in there, although it doesn't show up as much in regular lighting versus the camera flash.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:55 PM   #12
Master Chef

Well Done!!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:56 AM   #13
Head Chef

Thanks all! I have to admit I was holding my breath when I made that first cut into it and was so happy to see that lovely creamy texture with no air spaces or fat pockets. It no longer had that greasy fatty feel either. I guess all the excess fat got squeezed out during the wrapping and/or came out during the poaching portion. I think I would do this again, maybe use the grade B (which is recommended for terrines and torchons) instead of the grade A that Craig got for me. I actually like the torchon much, much better than the seared pieces we had.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:07 PM   #14
Master Chef

Thanks for taking us along for the ride Med! Now the rest of us can say we know someone who not only made it, but made it well.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote