Food Cravings ~

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zereh

Head Chef
Not sure if this is the right spot to put this but I'm sure it will be moved if it isn't. :-p

I found this interesting chart that lists what you crave (sweet, salty, liquid, etc.) and it tells what your body is really missing and then gives some examples of "good for you foods" that you can eat to get over the craving!

I can't vouch for how scientifically sound it is, but it is interesting and might be worth a try.

(If anyone uses Mozilla, there is this super add-on called StumbleUpon; after you download it and attach it to your browser bar it pops up random websites related to your interests. I've seen some great stuff, some hysterical stuff and some that's too stupid for words. But all were sites that I probably wouldn't have found on my own. =P It's fun!)

:heart:
Z

That's a good chart Zereh. The chewing ice happens a lot with people. It's the chewing factor in general - I had a friend that would stop at the grocery store for a bag of small carrots for the same reason - she wanted to chew. She ate so many carrots the color dyed her fingers.

Also, if you crave starches you are trying to increase your seratonin level.

A lot of pregnant people crave lemon, or sour things. I can't remember what deficiency this is but it's something.

i've always believed in eating exactly what my body craved and nothing else cause i believe your brain knows exactly what your body needs. i don't think it always means a defiency, but i'll bet it does sometimes.
neat chart.

One of the few things I remember from my biology classes was this..."A craving denotes a deficiency in the system". For some reason that always stuck in my head.

lol, that's a fun chart, and might have some actual relevance, but some of it is non-sense.

"you're so dehydrated you've lost your thirst??" that goes against the entire theory that your body craves what it needs.
i wonder if alternative medicine "docs" actually read thru the stuff they write?

how can you crave alcohol/recreational drugs? i didn't know that they had figured out how to beat drug and alcohol addiction with food...

Back
Top Bottom