Food photos.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That looks delicious, Harry, but someone would have to crack those things out of the shell for me. LOL
gawd blimey carol,you and your shells:rolleyes:!!
here's a nice 'n easy one for you:
pukka steak pie,baked beans & microwave mash.BEER!!couldn't be arsed cookin' tonight.damn tasty it was too:yum:!!

Attachments

• PIE & MASH 001.JPG
    PIE & MASH 001.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 117
  • PIE & MASH 002.JPG
    PIE & MASH 002.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 126
  • PIE & MASH 004.JPG
    PIE & MASH 004.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 132
  • PIE & MASH 010.JPG
    PIE & MASH 010.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 125
  • PIE & MASH 003.jpg
    PIE & MASH 003.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 206
not eaten since brekkie,so an early dinner for me tonight.outdoor reared poke chops on the griddle,mashed spuds,steamed curly kale with garlic butter & a huge dollop of hot hot hot colmans english mustardo:yum:...thank you!!

Attachments

• PORK CHOPS & KALE 001.JPG
    PORK CHOPS & KALE 001.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 132
  • PORK CHOPS & KALE 002.JPG
    PORK CHOPS & KALE 002.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 125
  • PORK CHOPS & KALE 003.JPG
    PORK CHOPS & KALE 003.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 133
  • PORK CHOPS & KALE 004.JPG
    PORK CHOPS & KALE 004.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 124
  • PORK CHOPS & KALE 005.JPG
    PORK CHOPS & KALE 005.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 134
  • PORK CHOPS & KALE 007.JPG
    PORK CHOPS & KALE 007.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 178
Nice looking pot of kale, 'arry. I almost brought some today, but had my mind firmly fixed on some collard greens, which, unfortuately, weren't available, except cut up and almost $4. I passed.

What seasonings for the kale?

dead simple really Z.just popped the kale in the steamer,few grinds of sea salt & pepper and a lump of lurpack garlic butter.sure you can get it over your side but,it's just a stick of danish butter with little nuggets of garlic in it.fab for making garlic bread & seasoning veg with.anyway just popped the steamer lid back on until the butter was nearly melted,then gave the kale a couple of turns,lid back on....done.simple as,but bloody delicious mate:yum:!!

Last edited:
dead simple really Z.just popped the kale in the steamer,few grinds of sea salt & pepper and a lump of lurpack garlic butter.sure you can get it over your side but,it's just a stick of danish butter with little nuggets of garlic in it.fab for making garlic bread & seasoning veg with.anyway just popped the steamer lid back on until the butter was nearly melted,then gave the kale a couple of turns,lid back on....done.simple as,but bloody delicious mate:yum:!!
If we had any Lurpak butter available here I would consider buying it.

I just crush and mince some garlic, put it in a ramekin, plop some butter on top and nuke 'till the butter is melted. If I make more than I am going to use in one go, I stir it while it cools, so all the garlic doesn't stay on the bottom.

If we had any Lurpak butter available here I would consider buying it.

I just crush and mince some garlic, put it in a ramekin, plop some butter on top and nuke 'till the butter is melted. If I make more than I am going to use in one go, I stir it while it cools, so all the garlic doesn't stay on the bottom.
wot?no lurpak?bloody 'ell tax..i loves me lurpak.brought up on the stuff:yum:!

sure do chezza!!think i might have invented something there mate:cool:?thinking smoked haddock in a creamy sauce with the gnocc & brocc next time or,maybe,substitute asparagus for the brocc...hmmmmmmm

Finnan Haddie. Every time I buy it, it never makes it to mealtime. I just pick, pick, pick until it is all gone. At least now that I live alone, I don't have to worry about sharing it. :angel:

Finnan Haddie. Every time I buy it, it never makes it to mealtime. I just pick, pick, pick until it is all gone. At least now that I live alone, I don't have to worry about sharing it. :angel:

My Canadian mother used to love Finnan Haddie. I thought it stunk, refused to eat it, and equated it with lutefisk. Apparently it's not the same thing.

Nope, never heard of it before, but I love cold smoked fish, even fish I don't like cooked and I like haddock.

As I recall, it's AKA "Poor Man's Lobster". Think I would give it a try now if I could find it.

It is smoked Haddock. Haddock is a major fish here on the northern east coast. Unfortunately in years past it was overfished and limits were placed on the catch each boat would make. The numbers are starting to come up.

Haddock is a delicate white fish. I love it smoked (Finnan Haddie) or breaded and fried. At $5.99/lb. every so often I will treat myself to a rather large filet and fry it up. Then I pig out until I can't possible put another mouthful in me. But I keep trying until the last bite. Now I want some.

When my kids were small, if I told them we were having fish, they would have fled the house for hours. But I told them it was white chicken and they cleaned up.

My second husband was a commercial fisherman and at the end of each trip he would take the largest Haddock when they emptied the bag on the aft deck. He would filet it and bring it home. Never less than 10#'s. I would bread and fry the whole thing, and there was never leftovers. White chicken of the sea! I could eat it seven days a week. :angel:

Sounds good to me.
love "finnie haddie".gotta have a poached egg on top tho':yum:!!i actually prefer undyed natural smoked haddock to smoked salmon these days.just skin the fillet & slice it as fine a poss,at an angle,across the grain.eaten raw,it's sweeter than salmon imo:yum:!!
what are you two ladies doing up at this hour.only 6:40am this side??

As I recall, it's AKA "Poor Man's Lobster". Think I would give it a try now if I could find it.
addies right.the important thing is that finnan haddock are small & very sweet haddock,which are split & cold smoked on the bone,as opposed to being filleted.they are even sweeter when smoked & the flesh firms up nicely,hence the "poor man's lobster" name.originally from scotland,they are smoked over peat & "fresh or green"not dried,wood to give them the unique flavour.i like to poach mine then poach an egg in the fish liquor...ohhhhh boyyyyy:yum:!

Last edited:
love "finnie haddie".gotta have a poached egg on top tho':yum:!!i actually prefer undyed natural smoked haddock to smoked salmon these days.just skin the fillet & slice it as fine a poss,at an angle,across the grain.eaten raw,it's sweeter than salmon imo:yum:!!
what are you two ladies doing up at this hour.only 6:40am this side??

I am up because I took two pain killers early this morning and then slept the day away. So now I am wide awake. But I am getting tired after a three hour stint ordering clothes on line. I hate shopping for clothes. :angel:

I am up because I took two pain killers early this morning and then slept the day away. So now I am wide awake. But I am getting tired after a three hour stint ordering clothes on line. I hate shopping for clothes. :angel:
ah hahh!hope the pain has settled addie.now off you go,bed time:angel:!

addies right.the important thing is that finnan haddock are small & very sweet haddock,which are split & cold smoked on the bone,as opposed to being filleted.they are even sweeter when smoked & the flesh firms up nicely,hence the "poor man's lobster" name.originally from scotland,they are smoked over peat & "fresh or green"not dried,wood to give them the unique flavour.i like to poach mine then poach an egg in the fish liquor...ohhhhh boyyyyy:yum:!
I'd love to try smoked haddock. Ever have Danish, Bornholm smoked herring? IMHO, it's much nicer than kippers, though kippers are pretty good. Or smoked mackerel? :yum:

Back
Top Bottom