Food photos.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tonights offering,still on the chinese theme,is chipirone,little neck clam & prawn stirfried rice with steamed oyster sauce/toasted sesame oil broccoli.thank you!!

Attachments

• MIXED SEAFOOD FRIED RICE 001.JPG
    MIXED SEAFOOD FRIED RICE 001.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 152
  • MIXED SEAFOOD FRIED RICE 002.JPG
    MIXED SEAFOOD FRIED RICE 002.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 151
  • MIXED SEAFOOD FRIED RICE 003.JPG
    MIXED SEAFOOD FRIED RICE 003.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 155
  • MIXED SEAFOOD FRIED RICE 004.JPG
    MIXED SEAFOOD FRIED RICE 004.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 146
  • MIXED SEAFOOD FRIED RICE 005.JPG
    MIXED SEAFOOD FRIED RICE 005.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 154
  • MIXED SEAFOOD FRIED RICE 006.JPG
    MIXED SEAFOOD FRIED RICE 006.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 157
  • MIXED SEAFOOD FRIED RICE 007.JPG
    MIXED SEAFOOD FRIED RICE 007.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 141
  • MIXED SEAFOOD FRIED RICE 008.JPG
    MIXED SEAFOOD FRIED RICE 008.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 148
  • MIXED SEAFOOD FRIED RICE 009.JPG
    MIXED SEAFOOD FRIED RICE 009.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 148
  • MIXED SEAFOOD FRIED RICE 010.JPG
    MIXED SEAFOOD FRIED RICE 010.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 178
  • MIXED SEAFOOD FRIED RICE 013.JPG
    MIXED SEAFOOD FRIED RICE 013.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 220
I'm getting hungry just looking at that.

In the first photo with broccoli, is that a giant scallion/green onion or a small leek? What are the long, skinny rectangles in the next photo? Bamboo shoot?

I'm getting hungry just looking at that.

In the first photo with broccoli, is that a giant scallion/green onion or a small leek? What are the long, skinny rectangles in the next photo? Bamboo shoot?
mornin' tax!yep it's a giant spring onion/scallion/green onion...a rose by any other name etc eh?!now that the salad growing season is well & truly over,this side of the pond,they are mostly egyptian imports.really sweet,'cos of the sun i guess.the matchsticks are just the ginger peeled & julienned.sometimes i just run everything over my mandolin to get wafers.just depends on the texture i want in the dish.with it being all seafood,i like the contrasting crunch of the ginger matchsticks.

Dang, Harry...you shore do make them thar viddles purdy! (Texan to English translation: "I say, good Sir, you certainly prepare wonderfully beautiful food" ) :)

We had an ice storm last week in Dallas, which pretty much shut down the city for the better part of the week. I made some bread bowls from my baguette recipe, and filled them with broccoli, cheese and chicken soup. Great for a cold -6C day

breadbowls.jpg

BrocCheeseBreadBowl.jpg

Last edited:
Dang, Harry...you shore do make them thar viddles purdy! (Texan to English translation: "I say, good Sir, you certainly prepare wonderfully beautiful food" ) :)

We had an ice storm last week in Dallas, which pretty much shut down the city for the better part of the week. I made some bread bowls from my baguette recipe, and filled them with broccoli, cheese and chicken soup. Great for a cold -6C day
stick to texan,mac.much more interesting than boring old english!
nice job with the bread bowls/soup:chef:!

Here's a little collage I made of some stuff I cooked in the last couple of weeks:

food.jpg

1. Roasted chicken, and my own creation "Alfredo potatoes"...augratin potates, but with alfredo sauce instead of a traditional cheese sauce.

2. Banana Bread

3. Slow smoked chicken and sausage. Man...was that chicken juicy. Brining makes all the difference in the world.

4. Brownies and corn pudding (a traditional southern dish that's savory, not sweet)

5. "Crash" potatoes

6. and my first attempt at drop biscuits. This is where I learned baking powder can loose it's power over time. They didn't rise like they should have, and I hadn't perfected the cooking time, so they are a little blonde.

I just realized all my food is some shade of beige. :)

Here's a little collage I made of some stuff I cooked in the last couple of weeks:

1. Roasted chicken, and my own creation "Alfredo potatoes"...augratin potates, but with alfredo sauce instead of a traditional cheese sauce.

2. Banana Bread

3. Slow smoked chicken and sausage. Man...was that chicken juicy. Brining makes all the difference in the world.

4. Brownies and corn pudding (a traditional southern dish that's savory, not sweet)

5. "Crash" potatoes

6. and my first attempt at drop biscuits. This is where I learned baking powder can loose it's power over time. They didn't rise like they should have, and I hadn't perfected the cooking time, so they are a little blonde.

I just realized all my food is some shade of beige. :)

sod the colour mac,it all looks bloody tasty to me.that's where the money is & you can see the juicy shine on the chook & the sausage.nice job mate:yum:!!

fast & light tonight as i'm going out with me mates for a pre christmas "bash".
marks & spencers mussels & clams.....and rather nice they were too:yum:!!

Attachments

• MARKS & SPARKS MUSSELS 002.jpg
    MARKS & SPARKS MUSSELS 002.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 207
  • MARKS & SPARKS MUSSELS 003.JPG
    MARKS & SPARKS MUSSELS 003.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 193
  • MARKS & SPARKS MUSSELS 005.JPG
    MARKS & SPARKS MUSSELS 005.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 158
Browning a pot roast in my cherished 100 year old cast iron skillet. 10,000 chickens have been fried in that bad boy. Just look at that wonderful seasoning on it. Man...if that pan could talk...it have some stories to tell.

potroast2.jpg

...then into the crock pot...to slow cook it until fork tender. Will serve with carrots, onions and potatoes....and a salad.

Last edited:
Browning a pot roast in my cherished 100 year old cast iron skillet. 10,000 chickens have been fried in that bad boy. Just look at that wonderful seasoning on it. Man...if that pan could talk...it have some stories to tell.
...then into the crock pot...to slow cook it until fork tender. Will serve with carrots, onions and potatoes....and a salad.
holy schmoley mac,that is one handsome piece of meat to be sure:yum:!
i've gotta favourite ci griddle pan.nowhere near as old as your skillet,but it's now that "non stick" that i hardly need to oil the bars.i do get him "schmokin' hot" tho'!!like to griddle me seafood on him too.

Attachments

• RIBEYE & LANGOUSTINES 005.JPG
    RIBEYE & LANGOUSTINES 005.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 161
  • RIBEYE & LANGOUSTINES 008.JPG
    RIBEYE & LANGOUSTINES 008.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 161
  • RIBEYE & LANGOUSTINES 013.JPG
    RIBEYE & LANGOUSTINES 013.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 254
  • RIBEYE & LANGOUSTINES 016.JPG
    RIBEYE & LANGOUSTINES 016.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 183
wok the heck?it's another stirfry tonight.harry's portuguese inspired stir fried pork & mussels with oyster sauce steamed british choi sum & uncle bens white & wild microwave rice.gangsta!!

Attachments

• PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 002.JPG
    PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 002.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 172
  • PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 003.JPG
    PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 003.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 169
  • PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 004.JPG
    PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 004.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 169
  • PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 005.JPG
    PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 005.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 175
  • PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 006.JPG
    PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 006.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 168
  • PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 007.JPG
    PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 007.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 161
  • PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 008.JPG
    PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 008.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 168
  • PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 009.JPG
    PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 009.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 163
  • PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 010.JPG
    PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 010.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 169
  • PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 011.JPG
    PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 011.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 159
  • PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 012.JPG
    PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 012.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 163
  • PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 013.JPG
    PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 013.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 227
Alright, I finished cooking the cookies for the Christmas baskets:

Cinnamon, apple oatmeal:

Chocolate/chocolate chip (made from highly concentrated, weapons-grade awesome!)

cookies2.jpg

Cranberry orange:

cookies3.jpg

and Snickerdoodles:

cookies4.jpg

Alright, I finished cooking the cookies for the Christmas baskets:
Cinnamon, apple oatmeal:
Chocolate/chocolate chip (made from highly concentrated, weapons-grade awesome!)
Cranberry orange:
and Snickerdoodles:
you bake a good cookie & take a good pic too,mac!!nice job:chef:!!i do envy you mate,flour & 'arry can't ride on the same bus.we don't get along....at all,don't see eye to eye one bit.that's just the way it is,i guess..........

you bake a good cookie & take a good pic too,mac!!nice job:chef:!!i do envy you mate,flour & 'arry can't ride on the same bus.we don't get along....at all,don't see eye to eye one bit.that's just the way it is,i guess..........

You know what they say Harry. Practice, practice, practice. :angel:

Addie,

I went with the half butter/half shortening combo for the snickerdoodles. I'm currently having to wield my shotgun to keep the family from eating them before they get packaged up.

Oh shoot...guess I'll have to make more. I HATE having too many homemade cookies in the house!! NOT!!! I'm going to make another double recipe of the chocolate/chocolate chip...because they were "make the pope curse" good....insanely good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom