Food photos.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tonights offering a massive(nearly 4lb) orkney crab from the deep,icy cold,crystal clear waters off the scottish coast.imo the best seafood in the world."built in scotland from girders"as the scots say!!can't take any credit for this one as it was already cooked when i bought it....too perfection.
"now't fancy thar knowest" as they say oop north in lancashire just the crab,nutcrackers,crusty baguette & an ice cold muscadet,heaven on a plate!!

Attachments

• ORKNEY CRAB 001.JPG
    ORKNEY CRAB 001.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 155
  • ORKNEY CRAB 002.JPG
    ORKNEY CRAB 002.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 159
  • ORKNEY CRAB 006.JPG
    ORKNEY CRAB 006.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 202
  • ORKNEY CRAB FINALE 001.JPG
    ORKNEY CRAB FINALE 001.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 148
DSC_0132.jpg

From a photoshoot I did at a local restaurant. I have a passion for food and cooking, but I LOVE being able to capture it and represent it well.

Love seeing all the other photos! So much talent here :)

DSC_0132.jpg

From a photoshoot I did at a local restaurant. I have a passion for food and cooking, but I LOVE being able to capture it and represent it well.

Love seeing all the other photos! So much talent here :)
Wonderful picture. Please tell me what is on the plate. It looks so good.

I didn't create the dish, but it's a cut of steak (not sure which - I'm not that good yet! :chef:) with crab cakes and a fresh corn veggie selection. Of course some greenery to make the plate pop :)

I didn't create the dish, but it's a cut of steak (not sure which - I'm not that good yet! :chef:) with crab cakes and a fresh corn veggie selection. Of course some greenery to make the plate pop :)
you'll get there twix,surf & turf.....mmmmm(in a homer simpson stylee) nice!
welcome to dc from a warm & sunny(for once!!) manchester uk

5 quid isn't bad at all! I liked your statement about Scottish seafood too, I couldn't agree more. Scotland,and Ireland are finally getting the recognition they deserve for top notch seafood.
hey tatt,i've got the bbc news on the telly in the background & i kid you not that a recent survey has shown that the orkney islanders are the happiest people in the uk.they haven't got to the bit yet that tells you why.let you know.looking at that baby i reckon it's got something to do with all that deeeelicious seafood.probably be something boring like they get more hours sunshine a day or something....hang about,,,,crab AND sunshine?.....heaven!!

hey tatt,i've got the bbc news on the telly in the background & i kid you not that a recent survey has shown that the orkney islanders are the happiest people in the uk.they haven't got to the bit yet that tells you why.let you know.looking at that baby i reckon it's got something to do with all that deeeelicious seafood.probably be something boring like they get more hours sunshine a day or something....hang about,,,,crab AND sunshine?.....heaven!!

for an Island nation, It's hard to believe that the UK has always been thought of as just meat and potato. We aren't just talking jellied eels, cockles, and periwinkles, anymore when it comes to the UK, and seafood! lol

for an Island nation, It's hard to believe that the UK has always been thought of as just meat and potato. We aren't just talking jellied eels, cockles, and periwinkles, anymore when it comes to the UK, and seafood! lol
the average brit doesn't eat enough fish/seafood which is unbelievable bearing in mind we are an island/seafaring nation with some of the cleanest,best stocked & most productive waters in the world.quality of the seafood/fish speaks for itself which is why spain,portugal,italy & the rest of mainland europe import so much of our catch.is there anything finer than a scottish langoustine?
stop press,stop press...they don't know why the orkney islanders are so happy....they just are apparently.i still reckon it's their crabs......:LOL:!!

don't know what it's called.made it up as i went along.mussel,chorizo,tomato,pepper,garlic & chilli thingy with bread,beer & the paella lady from sunday,sitting in the sun............

Attachments

• MUSSELS CHORIZO & PEPPERS 002.JPG
    MUSSELS CHORIZO & PEPPERS 002.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 214
  • MUSSELS CHORIZO & PEPPERS 003.JPG
    MUSSELS CHORIZO & PEPPERS 003.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 137
  • MUSSELS CHORIZO & PEPPERS 004.JPG
    MUSSELS CHORIZO & PEPPERS 004.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 178
  • MUSSELS CHORIZO & PEPPERS 005.JPG
    MUSSELS CHORIZO & PEPPERS 005.JPG