Food photos.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hopefully I will get a chance to try it, they are a invasive species here in the gulf. I have never caught one but I will try cooking one if I ever catch it.

View attachment 14884

I cooked this the other day after a fishing trip, Huachinango a la Veracruzana. This is a classic dish in the state of Veracruz, Mex with a lot of Spanish influence. The sauce has raisins, olives, and capers. The sweetness of the raisins balances out the saltiness of the olives and capers.

Wow, that is fabulous...great cooking! :chef:

Spinach Salad – baby spinach topped with bacon, sliced hard boiled eggs & sliced mushroom caps, dressed with Basil Vinaigrette with whole grain Dijon mustard.

img_1170519_0_aa1c7371f4b680bc4653709a7ec82653.jpg

That looks delicious MM :yum:

Thank you Harry, and all....yes, a good bean salad on these hot summer nights just really hits the spot. I'll copy and paste the recipe soon, it sure is mighty good. :)

MSM, redfish....holy cow, your pictures look so scrumptious. I love this thread too, it sure is inspiring! :yum:

View attachment 14884

I cooked this the other day after a fishing trip, Huachinango a la Veracruzana. This is a classic dish in the state of Veracruz, Mex with a lot of Spanish influence. The sauce has raisins, olives, and capers. The sweetness of the raisins balances out the saltiness of the olives and capers.
just seen this red,absolutely stunning & sounds delish & caught it yourself too,respect:chef:!!
the world would be a sad,lonely & dark place without capers....ummm...garlic & chillies too!!
nice work red!!

entertaining last night & andy m's post about fried clams prompted me to cook this:cornmeal fried fish/mixed seafood for two with salad/coleslaw.cooked/posted similar dish...but this time it was icelandic haddock loin(woulda been more but it was so fresh i was eating it raw as i sliced it:yum:!)costco green lipped mussels,king scallops & prawns.freezing cold animee beer:yum:!
i know there's 3 mussels & two of us but she doesn't like mussels....well....ermmm............

Attachments

• FRIED MIXED SEAFOOD & SALAD 001.JPG
    FRIED MIXED SEAFOOD & SALAD 001.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 163
  • FRIED MIXED SEAFOOD & SALAD 002.JPG
    FRIED MIXED SEAFOOD & SALAD 002.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 157
  • FRIED MIXED SEAFOOD & SALAD 003.JPG
    FRIED MIXED SEAFOOD & SALAD 003.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 161
  • FRIED MIXED SEAFOOD & SALAD 004.JPG
    FRIED MIXED SEAFOOD & SALAD 004.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 208
  • FRIED MIXED SEAFOOD & SALAD 005.JPG
    FRIED MIXED SEAFOOD & SALAD 005.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 195
entertaining last night & andy m's post about fried clams prompted me to cook this:cornmeal fried fish/mixed seafood for two with salad/coleslaw.cooked/posted similar dish...but this time it was icelandic haddock loin(woulda been more but it was so fresh i was eating it raw as i sliced it:yum:!)costco green lipped mussels,king scallops & prawns.freezing cold animee beer:yum:!
i know there's 3 mussels & two of us but she doesn't like mussels....well....ermmm............
Wow!

You've got me thinking about buying shellfish, with all your gorgeous shellfish/fish meals. I've never tried cooking shellfish, except lobster.

From the Mediterranean

Photos by Margi Cintrano:

1) Greek Beetroot stuffed with Feta & Tzatziki
2) Cannellones di Emilia Romagna ( Bolognese )

Attachments

• beetroot & feta.jpg
    beetroot & feta.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 263
  • cannellones meat stuffed.jpg
    cannellones meat stuffed.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 205
Wow!

You've got me thinking about buying shellfish, with all your gorgeous shellfish/fish meals. I've never tried cooking shellfish, except lobster.
simple,quick,tasty & healthy tax.it was rocklobster & an episode of DDD from the chesapeake bay area that got me into frying in cornmeal rather than the laborious job of flour,egg wash,breadcrumbs...much easier & tastier than crumbing imo.drop in milk,toss in cornmeal,quick dip in milk,back in cormeal,hot oil,job done.i use sunflower(called sunseed now i think)oil so it takes the temperatures & is good for you too.
i've had a love of seafood since i was 4 or 5.mum didn't bother asking me what i wanted for my birthday meals,she knew it would be battered scampi.she used to buy large fresh langoustine tails from macfisheries fishmongers in chester dip in a very light batter & fry.mum was the best cook in the world.....happy days:)!

Harry Cobean said:
mine too now,i probably eat more fish & seafood then anything,having steak tonight for a change but with a prawn skewer of course.....can't go cold turkey(no pun intended) just like that!

Be sure to post pics! I love surf and turf. I grilled piece of tenderloin the other night and topped it with a fried soft shell crab , seafood and beef were made for each other.

Be sure to post pics! I love surf and turf. I grilled piece of tenderloin the other night and topped it with a fried soft shell crab , seafood and beef were made for each other.
your wish is my command red:28 day matured aberdeen angus sirloin,costco prawns:)lol:),dolce verde,sweet shallot & sugar drop tomato salad with baby avocado's.ice cold beer.two minutes each side for the steak,medium rare,perfect!

Attachments

• SURF N TURF 001.JPG
    SURF N TURF 001.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 144
  • SURF N TURF 002.JPG
    SURF N TURF 002.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 146
  • SURF N TURF 003.JPG
    SURF N TURF 003.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
NOT My photo, or meal, but Mother of God what a creation:

Chocolate-Dipped Coffee Ice Cream Glazed Doughnut Sandwiches

tumblr_m89bjdlH2P1qa8qr6o1_500.jpg
.......not gently,not meakly,beat me on the bottom with a womans weekly,let's do it lets fall in lovvvvvvve.....damn it tatt,i'm in love........:in_love:

Harry Cobean said:
your wish is my command red:28 day matured aberdeen angus sirloin,costco prawns:)lol:),dolce verde,sweet shallot & sugar drop tomato salad with baby avocado's.ice cold beer.two minutes each side for the steak,medium rare,perfect!

Wow that looks good!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom