Food photos.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just wanted to pop in and show Harry I'm "on board" with the "resurrection" this is a photo from this summer, but it was a really tasty burger with grilled onions served with a yummy macaroni salad.

image-3430024405.jpg
Afraid my photos are no match for Cheryl's....positively professional looking!

Last edited:
Somebunny, that looks wonderful. Nothing like a good burger with those amazing looking caramelized grilled onions, and a macaroni salad. :yum:

I guess I'm in the minority with shell-on shellfish. :) It may not be something I'd want to mess with in a restaurant, but here at home we love the peel-and-eat-at-the-table shellfish dinners, complete with warm cloths and finger bowls. It's kind of a social thing, and shrimp tastes so much more 'shrimpy' when it's roasted, baked, grilled, whatever, with the shell still intact. Just my humble opinion.

Thank you somebunny, those pics are just from my cellphone - it takes better pics than my camera. lol :)

Happy cooking! :chef::yum:

Last edited:
Hello, Harry. Long time no see. :)

Thought I'd contribute and help resurrect this thread. :LOL: I LOVE to see member food photos!

Speaking of shellfish....I grilled some beautiful prawns recently. Marinated in a little olive oil, chopped garlic, lemon juice, and cracked black pepper. :yum:

Breaded and baked Alaskan cod and salad. :)

Mexican style fiesta. Chicken enchiladas, refried beans and Spanish rice. :yum:
OMG!! now those are what you call prawns cheryl "how would you like your prawns madam?" "just pull out the harpoons & send 'em over!!" all looks fabulous & super tasty as always hun:yum:!see you're still eating watermelon...i'm seriously thinking of buying stocks in your watermelon company...gotta say i'm hooked on the stuff myself..very good for you apparently.
loads of great cooks on dc cooking great sounding food,wish more people would post pics....

Rocklobster, I have never had squid before. I would be willing to try it, though. :)
got to try it cj.i get the the small ones from tesco if i'm using them in pasta or stuffing them(oooh errr missus!!)and the big boys from my local chinese supermarket for frying or stewing.deelish & cheap as chips.you've either got to flash them on high heat or long slow cook them.anything in between & you've got yourself a new spare tyre for the car:LOL:!!here's some i prepared earlier as they say-ground pork stuffed squid

Attachments

• STUFFED SQUID 001.JPG
    STUFFED SQUID 001.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 110
  • STUFFED SQUID 002.JPG
    STUFFED SQUID 002.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 124
  • STUFFED SQUID 003.JPG
    STUFFED SQUID 003.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 126
  • STUFFED SQUID 004.JPG
    STUFFED SQUID 004.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 122
  • STUFFED SQUID 005.JPG
    STUFFED SQUID 005.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 124
  • STUFFED SQUID 007.JPG
    STUFFED SQUID 007.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 116
Just wanted to pop in and show Harry I'm "on board" with the "resurrection" this is a photo from this summer, but it was a really tasty burger with grilled onions served with a yummy macaroni salad.

View attachment 18919
Afraid my photos are no match for Cheryl's....positively professional looking!
wayyyyyyyy too modest bunny....firstly the photo is fine & the food looks great.secondly,sometimes only a burger will do & your's looks & sounds screen lickylicious:chef::yum:!!
thanks for joining in sb,cj & rock....keep 'em comin'!!

talkin' about burgers here's another one i prepared earlier,infact i think i might just cook it again tonight......mmmmmmm:yum:
ribeye cheeseburger with smoked bacon & cukes

Attachments

• RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 002.JPG
    RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 002.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 110
  • RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 003.JPG
    RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 003.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 114
  • RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 004.JPG
    RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 004.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 112
  • RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 005.JPG
    RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 005.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 108
  • RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 007.JPG
    RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 007.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 124
  • RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 008.JPG
    RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 008.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 116
cooked this tonight:vietnamese beef with rice noodle,sour green mango,peanut,pomegranate & chilli salad
And presumably, by the time you'd photographed it and then got round to sitting down to eat it, it was cold.

I'm sorry but have little patience with all this nonsense of decoratively plating up food. I don't want it to look a mess but there is a world of difference between a neat serving and "artistic plating". If a dish is described on the menu as having a sauce I don't want merely a couple of drips or a paint brush streak of said sauce decorating the plate and if it's supposed to be accompanied by mange-tout, I expect more than two pods balanced on top of a piled up collection of food. And I particularly don't like it if they've spent so much time making the food look pretty that it's cold - or worse still has been microwaved to reheat it.

Rant over.

And presumably, by the time you'd photographed it and then got round to sitting down to eat it, it was cold.

I'm sorry but have little patience with all this nonsense of decoratively plating up food. I don't want it to look a mess but there is a world of difference between a neat serving and "artistic plating". If a dish is described on the menu as having a sauce I don't want merely a couple of drips or a paint brush streak of said sauce decorating the plate and if it's supposed to be accompanied by mange-tout, I expect more than two pods balanced on top of a piled up collection of food. And I particularly don't like it if they've spent so much time making the food look pretty that it's cold - or worse still has been microwaved to reheat it.

Rant over.
well good for you

Last edited:
Here, here. A lot of the pics I see I'd have to have three servings.

Rant over.

So, head on over to the Petty Vents thread and rant. You don't need to ruin other people's fun just because you don't enjoy the same thing they do.

Rant over.

When my kids were small and I had to serve them from the pots at the stove, I always tried to make the food look attractive. Food wasn't just plopped on the plate. It was arranged. As they got older the food went into serving bowls and placed on the table. They were old enough to served themselves. I noticed that they continued to plate their foods on their own plate.

My husband and I always had breakfast together the first morning he was ashore. He had a full meal, and again I plated the food including cutting the toast into points and placed on the outside on the plate surrounding the food. He always said it looked like he was eating in a fancy restaurant.

You learn over time and with experience how to time the food so that you can still present a pretty plate of food and still serve it hot.

I don't want paintbrush food either. I have had plates come out of the kitchen that was so pretty, you didn't want to disturb the food. That too is carrying plating too far. We eat with our eyes first. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom