Food photos.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tonights offering is some mussels & other bits & pieces left over from last night.moules frites...mussels with chips & garlic mayo

Attachments

• MOULES FRITS 004.jpg
    MOULES FRITS 004.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 192
  • MOULES FRITS 006.JPG
    MOULES FRITS 006.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 153
  • MOULES FRITS 007.JPG
    MOULES FRITS 007.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 199
  • MOULES FRITS 008.JPG
    MOULES FRITS 008.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 138
  • MOULES FRITS 009.JPG
    MOULES FRITS 009.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 160
  • MOULES FRITS 012.JPG
    MOULES FRITS 012.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 208
rapeseed oil carol.i think you guy's call it canola oil your side of the pond?
it's a bit cheaper than sunflower oil over here & i find it has a higher smoking point too.according to the blurp on the side of the bottle it's also a healthier oil than sunflower...so important when you are deep frying last nights leftover pizza....:ermm::ohmy::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:!!

Canola oil is what I buy, other than olive oil. I buy it because I read the same health information. My husband loves fried food so I figure he might as well at least be using a healthier oil. I don't usually eat pizza, but I might like it deep fried!

Canola oil is what I buy, other than olive oil. I buy it because I read the same health information. My husband loves fried food so I figure he might as well at least be using a healthier oil. I don't usually eat pizza, but I might like it deep fried!
just kidding about the pizza....but it is a thought eh:ermm::rolleyes:??!!
i also use it in dressings or if i'm making mayo...seems it even healthier than olive oil too

orkney brown crab with oven fries & garlic mayo...mmmmmm....lurrrrv crab:yum:!

Attachments

• CRAB & CHIPS 001.JPG
    CRAB & CHIPS 001.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 162
  • CRAB & CHIPS 002.jpg
    CRAB & CHIPS 002.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 185
  • CRAB & CHIPS 003.JPG
    CRAB & CHIPS 003.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 159
  • CRAB & CHIPS 004.JPG
    CRAB & CHIPS 004.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 153
  • CRAB & CHIPS 005.JPG
    CRAB & CHIPS 005.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 159
  • CRAB & CHIPS 006.JPG
    CRAB & CHIPS 006.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 193
  • CRAB & CHIPS 008.JPG
    CRAB & CHIPS 008.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 197
As requested Harry! ;) Crab and Sweetcorn Chowder.

Attachments

• Crab and Sweetcorn Chowder.jpg
    Crab and Sweetcorn Chowder.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 226
Looks good. How did it taste? Is is good enough that you will give us your recipe?

It tasted very good Zhizara - but whether it was anything like an actual chowder is anyone's guess! :LOL:

And I didn't really follow a recipe in the end - just softened chopped onion and finely diced potato in sunflower oil. (The finely diced potato was for thickening purposes as I didn't want to use flour). Then added some chicken stock, potato chunks, frozen sweetcorn and a little thyme and simmered gently til the potato chunks were cooked through. After that I added the crab chunks to warm through, some heavy cream and a good grinding of pepper. (And I threw some chopped parsley on top to make it look pretty.) :rolleyes:

I imagine the chowder police are on my tail even as we speak! :LOL::LOL:

tonights offering:28 day dry aged ribeye,seafood skewers,potato/baby avocado salad & cherry tomato/greek basil salad.surf 'n turf to you mate!!

Attachments

• RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 001.JPG
    RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 001.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 183
  • RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 002.JPG
    RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 002.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 157
  • RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 003.JPG
    RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 003.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 145
  • RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 004.JPG
    RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 004.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 154
  • RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 007.JPG
    RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 007.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 181
  • RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 008.JPG
    RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 008.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 159
  • RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 009.JPG
    RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 009.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 160
  • RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 010.JPG
    RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 010.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 163
  • RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 011.JPG
    RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 011.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 146
  • RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 013.JPG
    RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 013.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 156
  • RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 014.JPG
    RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 014.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 196
  • RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 017.JPG
    RIBEYE & SEAFOOD 017.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 192
You've done it again Harry. Looks terrific and the steak is done just the way I like it.

I'm envious of your cress. I used to buy it that way in Denmark. I've never seen it here.

You've done it again Harry. Looks terrific and the steak is done just the way I like it.

I'm envious of your cress. I used to buy it that way in Denmark. I've never seen it here.
thanks tax,much appreciated:chef:!!gotta foolproof(harryproof!)method for steaks.works every time no matter how thick or thin the steak is or what cut it is.think it was a marco pierre white tip.get your pan really hot.whack in your steak for a couple of mins to seal,turn & when blood starts to appear on the sealed side take the steak out of the pan & rest on a warm plate(the steak not you!!) for as long as the steak was in the pan.i cooked that steak for 4 mins total.the skewers took 2 mins each side to cook...bingo..works every time!
the cress IS fab & only costs 50 pence/about 35cents? a punnet.i also grow it like i did when i was a kid...piece of wet kitchen towel or flannel,sprinkle with mustard & cress seeds,stick it on a window sill for a few days...hey presto you've got your mustard & cress!love it in egg mayo sandwiches too:yum:

Last edited:
It tasted very good Zhizara - but whether it was anything like an actual chowder is anyone's guess! :LOL:

And I didn't really follow a recipe in the end - just softened chopped onion and finely diced potato in sunflower oil. (The finely diced potato was for thickening purposes as I didn't want to use flour). Then added some chicken stock, potato chunks, frozen sweetcorn and a little thyme and simmered gently til the potato chunks were cooked through. After that I added the crab chunks to warm through, some heavy cream and a good grinding of pepper. (And I threw some chopped parsley on top to make it look pretty.) :rolleyes:

I imagine the chowder police are on my tail even as we speak! :LOL::LOL:

That recipe sounds like a chowder to this New Englander. You used cream and potatoes for the thickening. What makes it a chowder is that your liquid consists mostly of cream or milk. It is the type of liquid that determines whether it is chowder or soup. :angel:

Something insane I made "Colombian style hamburger". When I was in Colombia they had all kinds of crazy sauces for hot dogs and burgers.

Hamburguesa Colombiana by powerplantop, on Flickr

A Hamburger is usually one of my least favorite things, but I watched the video of that hamburger being made and I am definately going to make it soon. Not only did he put all three sauces on it, but he also topped it with some really yummy looking coleslaw that contained so many carrots it looked orange, and as a final topping, he used finely crushed potato chips. I don't know where I will get the columbian cheese he showed, but that's the least of my worries. The cole slaw and sauces make the burger IMO.

That recipe sounds like a chowder to this New Englander. You used cream and potatoes for the thickening. What makes it a chowder is that your liquid consists mostly of cream or milk. It is the type of liquid that determines whether it is chowder or soup. :angel:

Chowder is named for the type of pot it was traditionally cooked in on fishing boats - chaudiere or cauldron.

Back
Top Bottom