Food photos.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's a chilli pepper of some description carol.all i know is that it said "grown in spain" & "medium heat"on the packet.consensus amongst cws,steve k & one or two others on the "today's dinner" thread is that it is most likely a cayenne pepper.tell you what tho' carol,tesco lied about the heat.....hotter than the hobs of hell they are(and i can take heat)but damn tasty.that's why i left it whole.tagines are not usually "hot" dishes.if i'd chopped it up,thus exposing the membrane inside the chilli & the seeds(those two parts are where most of the heat is)it woulda blown me bleedin' socks off,i can tell ya:ermm::ohmy::ROFLMAO:!!

A "touch" of heat is about all I can handle!

it's a chilli pepper of some description carol.all i know is that it said "grown in spain" & "medium heat"on the packet.consensus amongst cws,steve k & one or two others on the "today's dinner" thread is that it is most likely a cayenne pepper.tell you what tho' carol,tesco lied about the heat.....hotter than the hobs of hell they are(and i can take heat)but damn tasty.that's why i left it whole.tagines are not usually "hot" dishes.if i'd chopped it up,thus exposing the membrane inside the chilli & the seeds(those two parts are where most of the heat is)it woulda blown me bleedin' socks off,i can tell ya:ermm::ohmy::ROFLMAO:!!

Here's a couple of cayenne peppers from my garden, with a quarter for scale:

Attachments

• 2013-10-29 16.56.07.jpg
    2013-10-29 16.56.07.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 179
Harry, I see you use tomato puree in your dressing for the salad. I'm aware tomato puree means different things in different countries. Is your tomato puree equivalent to USA's ketchup, tomato paste or what?

Harry, I see you use tomato puree in your dressing for the salad. I'm aware tomato puree means different things in different countries. Is your tomato puree equivalent to USA's ketchup, tomato paste or what?
tomato paste andy.i know a lot of people use ketchup in a marie rose/cocktail sauce but the atlantic cold water prawns are so sweet that if i use ketchup the whole thing is too sweet for me.even with a squeeze of lemon in the mix

tomato paste andy.i know a lot of people use ketchup in a marie rose/cocktail sauce but the atlantic cold water prawns are so sweet that if i use ketchup the whole thing is too sweet for me.even with a squeeze of lemon in the mix

Have you posted a recipe for Marie Rose sauce? An Irish restaurant near us used to serve it with fish 'n chips, but they closed, and when they reopened, they served it with tartar sauce. Tres not original :( DH likes malt vinegar but I like sauce! :)

Thanks Harry!

Have you posted a recipe for Marie Rose sauce? An Irish restaurant near us used to serve it with fish 'n chips, but they closed, and when they reopened, they served it with tartar sauce. Tres not original :( DH likes malt vinegar but I like sauce! :)
sacre bleu!!tartar sauce in yer chippy?sacrilege!!not much to my marie rose,pretty much what's in the pics really.i tend to taste & judge colour as i go along rather than have a set receep.
for the quantity of prawns/avocado in the photo i used:
a)about a heaped tablespoon of mayonnaise
b)an inch long squeeze of tomato puree
c)a couple of shakes of lea & perrins worcestershire sauce
d)a few drops of tabasco
e)a squeeze of lemon juice
if you prefer a sweeter marie rose,then use ketchup instead of puree
that's all there is to it:chef:!!

I bookmarked that video. I will have to watch it closely. That's how I made my fried fish and it sure didn't turn out like that!

I would be curious why your did not turn out like this.

For a quick run down of the steps that I use. All ingredients should be cold including self rising flour, baking powder and beer. Mix ingredients place in fridge for a few minutes to hydrate.

Dip the dry fish into the cold batter and place into oil.

I would be curious why your did not turn out like this.

For a quick run down of the steps that I use. All ingredients should be cold including self rising flour, baking powder and beer. Mix ingredients place in fridge for a few minutes to hydrate.

Dip the dry fish into the cold batter and place into oil.

Because I'm not a very good cook? I think my oil was too hot and I didn't have enough oil. Also, my husband said I didn't dry the fish enough before I coated it. I am going to give it another try in the future, keeping these things in mind. I will also remember your pointer to refrigerate all the ingredients beforehand.

Because I'm not a very good cook? I think my oil was too hot and I didn't have enough oil. Also, my husband said I didn't dry the fish enough before I coated it. I am going to give it another try in the future, keeping these things in mind. I will also remember your pointer to refrigerate all the ingredients beforehand.

You made me laugh! Do not worry you will get it right then you will be the expert on how to cook fish!

lebanese flat breads topped with a selection of chopped up leftovers(see pics) in roasted garlic sauce...thank you!!

Attachments

• LEBANESE FLATBREAD 002.JPG
    LEBANESE FLATBREAD 002.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 150
  • LEBANESE FLATBREAD 003.JPG
    LEBANESE FLATBREAD 003.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 157
  • LEBANESE FLATBREAD 004.JPG
    LEBANESE FLATBREAD 004.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 155
  • LEBANESE FLATBREAD 005.JPG
    LEBANESE FLATBREAD 005.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 166
  • LEBANESE FLATBREAD 006.JPG
    LEBANESE FLATBREAD 006.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 150
  • LEBANESE FLATBREAD 008.JPG
    LEBANESE FLATBREAD 008.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 192
  • LEBANESE FLATBREAD 009.JPG
    LEBANESE FLATBREAD 009.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 162
  • LEBANESE FLATBREAD 010.JPG
    LEBANESE FLATBREAD 010.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 163
  • LEBANESE FLATBREAD 012.JPG
    LEBANESE FLATBREAD 012.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 163
That looks really good Harry. Good idea.
thanks tax:)!hadn't got a clue what to do with everything.just dragged all me leftovers & bits & pieces out of the fridge/cupboards & made it up as i went along.the kicker is that garlic sauce.magic! & only £1.50/$2.25 a bottle:yum:!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom