Food photos.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mocha Brownie with Mocha frosting (with walnuts)

img_1347841_0_8e6f458136d9bc1c924cea9efdf21a53.jpg

Thanks Rocket. I used a variation of Fi's marmalade sauce. Orange marmalade:sriracha: balsamic vinegar in a 1:1/2:1/4. The wings were dusted with Penzey's black & red (black pepper & red pepper) when they went on the grill. They had a nice flavorful bite to them.

Fi, I've got some left over, but you better hurry.

I'll have to get the sled dogs ready!

I don't know, Rocket. Maybe somebody here has tried both. Sriracha has a unique kind of hotness. You can probably google the ingredients and get an idea. I use it when I want something extra hot with a bite. Otherwise I use Frank's or Red Hot.

Type this into your search engine "making your own sriracha" and pick a recipe. I think the Mexican Hot Sauce will change the flavor into something else. Mexican Hot sauce with Mango would be good.

I love the additives. I buy a large bottle and if it takes me a year to use up, no worries.

We were out shopping today and I looked all over the place for sriracha and it just doesn't exist around here. I even went to our local BBQ place and out of the hundreds of different hot sauces they carry, even they didn't have it. But they did have a few jars of Mango Habanero jelly so I grabbed one to try out.

If you have Asian markets they would probably have it. I've seen it there before. Around here the regular grocery stores never with the regular BBQ sauces. It seems it always has its own spot by the meat counter or on an island display.
Or maybe one of our fine Canadian members can send you a bottle.

Last edited:
We were out shopping today and I looked all over the place for sriracha and it just doesn't exist around here. I even went to our local BBQ place and out of the hundreds of different hot sauces they carry, even they didn't have it. But they did have a few jars of Mango Habanero jelly so I grabbed one to try out.
Bummer. Do you have any Asian markets?

If you have a vietnamese market or restaurant you will find it there.

I swear I saw it at Safeway when I was in Ontario this past summer. I agree with checking out the Asian markets, it will be there in some form.

The mango hab jelly sounds like fun too!

Oh.......Asian.......of course.....doh. Its from Thailand.. Jeez, that never dawned on me. I guess a visit to the Asian market tomorrow is a given.
The grocery store may even have it in the Asian section, if I had thought to look there today.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll find some now.
And have a lot of hot sauces to try :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom