Food revolution

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cusinefiend

Assistant Cook
I've got a great idea for a savoury ice cream but I'm struggling to find an ingredient I can use as a ice cream cone any ideas ?

cusinefiend said:
I've got a great idea for a savoury ice cream but I'm struggling to find an ingredient I can use as a ice cream cone any ideas ?

What sort of flavors are you thinking? You could try Parmesan melted and wrapped into a cone and let it set. Or like a tortilla. You could make a savory dough and roll it thin and shape that.. Sorta depends on what flavors you've got going on to see what would go with it. :)

Phyllo (filo) dough is commonly used for homemade ice cream cups. Find a form, a bowl, ramekin, or a cone-like form, if you can find one, butter it, apply filo sheets, buttering between each application, until you build up about five sheets. Bake at 375F for about 15 minutes. All the usual handling procedures for filo, which is mainly keeping the unused sheets rigorously covered with a damp towel.

Here's some being made using sacrificed regular ice cream cones as forms.

img_5431.JPG

Orryette said:
What sort of flavors are you thinking? You could try Parmesan melted and wrapped into a cone and let it set. Or like a tortilla. You could make a savory dough and roll it thin and shape that.. Sorta depends on what flavors you've got going on to see what would go with it. :)

Well my idea is to make a cream of tomato soup, freeze it to turn it into ice cream and then instead of chocolate sprinkles use crispy lardons and for sauce a basil reduction, so the Parmesan idea would work brilliantly, I had a dream about this last night btw sad or what lol

cusinefiend said:
Well my idea is to make a cream of tomato soup, freeze it to turn it into ice cream and then instead of chocolate sprinkles use crispy lardons and for sauce a basil reduction, so the Parmesan idea would work brilliantly, I had a dream about this last night btw sad or what lol

Haha I do that! I get my weirdest ideas there which turn out to be the best ideas haha glad to have helped :)

Sounds very interesting.

If you have a sauce, make a sundae and form the Parmesan fricos into little bowls.

You could make some savory foam to stand in for the whipped cream.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom