Food that needs to be eaten in Private

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, Texas is all about the mustard. Every restaurant I went to for burgers or hot dogs in the DFW had tons of mustard on them, and if you asked for ketchup, they looked at you like you were an alien, I almost overdosed on mustard while living there for a year and a half.

I wanna try a Chicago dog off the streets from a downtown vendor. And I'd eat that in public :)
i love hot dogs and burgers all the way. i ONLY put mustard on a dog ever. ketchup doesn't belong on my dog!! i will eat dogs in tomato SAUCE but never ketchup. and i ONLY put ketchup on a burger UNLESS it is a burger all the way texas weiner style. i don't put mayo or mustard or a combo of on a burger.
there used to be a supermarket here in new jersey years ago that specialized in imported and unsual foods. they had a snack stand where they served chicago style dogs with the poppy seed open on the top buns (i loved those buns i can't remember the name of them) which i loved for the taste and the fact you could put your dog down without it falling over and spilling the stuff out onto the counter.

Gotta disagree. incredibly delicious, and very green...using all the animal, wasting nothing. Brits have black pudding, we have scrapple, every cuisine has some recipe for using "the nasty bits"

i am italian and my family NEVER had that!!

my have gone there on class trips and say the food stinks and the show isn't much better. so when they had a chance to go again they said no. i have never been.

We went in the early '90s I think it was. It was a one time experience that was ok, if a bit cheesy. Something different anyway. Not horrible. The food was, eh.

We went in the early '90s I think it was. It was a one time experience that was ok, if a bit cheesy. Something different anyway. Not horrible. The food was, eh.
they went for their D.A.R.E. completion trips. and at $30 and $35 each the girls both said the food stunk and they are 7 years apart so the food didn't get better. i won't waste my money.

I don't blame you. It's really not about the food itself but, the idea of eating it like they did in medieval times without forks etc. I think we had a half a cornish hen, 1 or 2 potato wedges and some kind of soup to drink out of a bowl. And what my Aunt Mary used to call a "jelly jar" of wine. That's all I can remember.

I don't blame you. It's really not about the food itself but, the idea of eating it like they did in medieval times without forks etc. I think we had a half a cornish hen, 1 or 2 potato wedges and some kind of soup to drink out of a bowl. And what my Aunt Mary used to call a "jelly jar" of wine. That's all I can remember.
yup dry chicken, onion soup, plain baked potato, soda and a cookie.

LOL Hasn't changed much huh?
LOL you got potato wedges my girls got a whole baked potato and didn't know what to do with it!! they didn't want to eat it like an apple. all in all they didn't eat much. LOL

When I serve ribs I put a small plate with a washcloth moistened with warm water at each place setting. That way I can get as messy as I want and the guests can stay as clean as they care to.

If I could get someone to do it with me, I'd go out to the back yard with a big slice of watermellon, with seeds, eat huge moutfulls, burying my face in the ripe watermellon flesh, and spit seeds at someone who will spit them back at me. The perfect food fight.:LOL: Now how's that for "not for polite company"?
Other messy favorites:
1. Good ribs, slathered with bbq sauce,
2. my eggrolls with pineapple sweet & sour sauce,
3. Oven-fried chicken (so juicy it squirts you when you bite into it)
4. a great burger with all the fixins
5. a proper grilled cheese sandwich with cheese dripping from the sides
6. meatball sandwich, with extra sauce
7. pulled pork sandwich
8. Sloppy Joe sandwich
9. Corn on the cob, dripping with butter
10. a 3-scoop strawberry-cheesecake ice cream cone on a hot August day
11. Proper tacos, made from fresh corn tortillas, fried in hot oil for 15 senonds, and folded around any of several great toppings, with Sriracha Sauce and extra guacomole.
12. s'mores made over a campfire
13 cold-cut submarine sandwich made at this one gas-starion On U.S. 2, traveling West from St. Ignace Mi. toward Manistique, with a built in deli. Ingredients include super soft, and lightly toasted white, submarine bread roll, with salami, double stack of pepperoni (hold the ham please), double stack of capiacola, aged swiss cheese, sliced black olives, lettuce leaves (romaine of course), sliced tomato, sliced onion, and diced green pepper, all drizzled with extra virgin olive oil. Try eating that one while driving to the work-site in Manistique!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

If I could get someone to do it with me, I'd go out to the back yard with a big slice of watermellon, with seeds, eat huge moutfulls, burying my face in the ripe watermellon flesh, and spit seeds at someone who will spit them back at me. The perfect food fight.:LOL: Now how's that for "not for polite company"?
Other messy favorites:
1. Good ribs, slathered with bbq sauce,
2. my eggrolls with pineapple sweet & sour sauce,
3. Oven-fried chicken (so juicy it squirts you when you bite into it)
4. a great burger with all the fixins
5. a proper grilled cheese sandwich with cheese dripping from the sides
6. meatball sandwich, with extra sauce
7. pulled pork sandwich
8. Sloppy Joe sandwich
9. Corn on the cob, dripping with butter
10. a 3-scoop strawberry-cheesecake ice cream cone on a hot August day
11. Proper tacos, made from fresh corn tortillas, fried in hot oil for 15 senonds, and folded around any of several great toppings, with Sriracha Sauce and extra guacomole.
12. s'mores made over a campfire
13 cold-cut submarine sandwich made at this one gas-starion On U.S. 2, traveling West from St. Ignace Mi. toward Manistique, with a built in deli. Ingredients include super soft, and lightly toasted white, submarine bread roll, with salami, double stack of pepperoni (hold the ham please), double stack of capiacola, aged swiss cheese, sliced black olives, lettuce leaves (romaine of course), sliced tomato, sliced onion, and diced green pepper, all drizzled with extra virgin olive oil. Try eating that one while driving to the work-site in Manistique!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
i will join you in a watermellon fight!! i like that silly stuff.

my hub has lost his joy of silliness. :(

We have a Medieval Manor here in Boston. a girl I used to date was friends with one of the serving wenches so she got us in for free. The food is not the main attraction, that is for sure. You go for the show.

There is not a food out there that I would need to eat in private. If it is a messy food then I will eat it and get messy and be proud to show my stained face and clothes :LOL:

a chocolate fountain with plenty of fruit and pound cake, but ....no forks or skewers only fingers (compound this by using the same scenario at a 5 year olds birthday party. Can you say "time to re-carpet?"
~¿ô

Just for the heck of it, and this going back a ways, does anyone remember the eating scene in the movie "Tom Jones"?

Definitely!!! One of the best film food scenes ever!

Another one I always enjoy is the prison dinner prep scene from "Goodfellas" - slicing the garlic paper-thin with a razor blade, the terrific "gravy" ("Don't add too many onions!), the lobsters, etc., etc. I can almost smell it every time I see it.

We have a Medieval Manor here in Boston. a girl I used to date was friends with one of the serving wenches so she got us in for free. The food is not the main attraction, that is for sure. You go for the show.

There is not a food out there that I would need to eat in private. If it is a messy food then I will eat it and get messy and be proud to show my stained face and clothes :LOL:
this is my thoughts. if the resturant serves "messy" food than anyone who goes there expects to get messy!! so everyone is on level ground. eat and enjoy getting messy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom