"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 08-16-2009, 11:28 AM   #31
Master Chef

i would shun lenghty pasta on a beginning date.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:29 AM   #32
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Who is so shy or concerned with what strangers think that they cannot enjoy a plate of ribs in a rib joint, or a lobster with plenty of drawn butter on the pier in Provincetown?

Certainly not me, nor any of the friends or family I've ever dined with!

Messy food is meant to be enjoyed with gusto. and meat served on the bone is okay to pick up in your hands. At least, that is the way I have always interpreted it.....

Old 08-16-2009, 11:41 AM   #33
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
hmmmmmmmm a hot dog all the way, sometime called a texas weiner (chilli, raw chopped onions and mustard) or a burger all the way is pretty messy also.
Man, Texas is all about the mustard. Every restaurant I went to for burgers or hot dogs in the DFW had tons of mustard on them, and if you asked for ketchup, they looked at you like you were an alien, I almost overdosed on mustard while living there for a year and a half.

I wanna try a Chicago dog off the streets from a downtown vendor. And I'd eat that in public
Old 08-16-2009, 11:52 AM   #34
Sous Chef

Chef June...I'm with you.....freshly boiled lobster with drawn butter....ohhhh to die for.......and a great big bib!!!
Old 08-16-2009, 12:38 PM   #35
Master Chef

For me, the foods in question are:

1) Whole lobster & Steamed Blue-Claw Crabs - unless I'm dining in my swimsuit at a rural seaside seafood place, I prefer to tackle my lobsters & crabs in the privacy of my home. I like being able to devastate them in all their glory without worrying about what I look like or smell like afterwards. Tiny little dainty "wet wipes" just don't cut it after you've really enjoyed your seafood.

2) Authentic Lobster Cantonese or other shellfish dishes where the shellfish is still in the shell in the sauce & thus has to be sloppily extracted.

3) Corn on the Cob - Again - only home-cooked for me, thank you.

3) Chicken Wings - I either make them myself or enjoy take-out. Have no desire to enjoy these in public.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #36
Executive Chef

Quote:
ok sorry don't mean to offend but thats disgusting!!
Gotta disagree. incredibly delicious, and very green...using all the animal, wasting nothing. Brits have black pudding, we have scrapple, every cuisine has some recipe for using "the nasty bits"
Old 08-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #37
Mr. Greenjeans

Quote:
whats a Baroldi? you don't want to know what a google search says it is an addiction to!!
Holy creep! Dats gross.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:55 PM   #38
Cook

eat with your hands...
Old 08-16-2009, 01:58 PM   #39
Mr. Greenjeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefkathleen View Post
Medieval Times - About The Show

There's a place near here where you're supposed to eat with your fingers. They don't even give you utensils. Nice little tourist trap. I mean stop.

This was originally based in the Chicago area. It wasn't always just jousting and such. There were a variety of shows to go to. A gangster town, Kings Manor, Dry Gulch...

The food was always the same and always served with no utensils.

I'm sorry to say that the others styles have disappeared. They were all comedy and the shows were very funny.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:25 PM   #40
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefkathleen View Post
Medieval Times - About The Show

There's a place near here where you're supposed to eat with your fingers. They don't even give you utensils. Nice little tourist trap. I mean stop.
my have gone there on class trips and say the food stinks and the show isn't much better. so when they had a chance to go again they said no. i have never been.