"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 08-16-2009, 02:29 PM   #41
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefallin1309 View Post
Man, Texas is all about the mustard. Every restaurant I went to for burgers or hot dogs in the DFW had tons of mustard on them, and if you asked for ketchup, they looked at you like you were an alien, I almost overdosed on mustard while living there for a year and a half.

I wanna try a Chicago dog off the streets from a downtown vendor. And I'd eat that in public
i love hot dogs and burgers all the way. i ONLY put mustard on a dog ever. ketchup doesn't belong on my dog!! i will eat dogs in tomato SAUCE but never ketchup. and i ONLY put ketchup on a burger UNLESS it is a burger all the way texas weiner style. i don't put mayo or mustard or a combo of on a burger.
there used to be a supermarket here in new jersey years ago that specialized in imported and unsual foods. they had a snack stand where they served chicago style dogs with the poppy seed open on the top buns (i loved those buns i can't remember the name of them) which i loved for the taste and the fact you could put your dog down without it falling over and spilling the stuff out onto the counter.

Old 08-16-2009, 02:30 PM   #42
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo410 View Post
Gotta disagree. incredibly delicious, and very green...using all the animal, wasting nothing. Brits have black pudding, we have scrapple, every cuisine has some recipe for using "the nasty bits"
i am italian and my family NEVER had that!!

Old 08-16-2009, 02:41 PM   #43
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy3k View Post
Holy creep! Dats gross.
did you read the urban definition? yikes!! the nuns told us you would go blind doing that!!
Old 08-16-2009, 02:42 PM   #44
Sous Chef

Quote:
my have gone there on class trips and say the food stinks and the show isn't much better. so when they had a chance to go again they said no. i have never been.
We went in the early '90s I think it was. It was a one time experience that was ok, if a bit cheesy. Something different anyway. Not horrible. The food was, eh.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:47 PM   #45
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefkathleen View Post
We went in the early '90s I think it was. It was a one time experience that was ok, if a bit cheesy. Something different anyway. Not horrible. The food was, eh.
they went for their D.A.R.E. completion trips. and at $30 and $35 each the girls both said the food stunk and they are 7 years apart so the food didn't get better. i won't waste my money.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:50 PM   #46
Sous Chef

I don't blame you. It's really not about the food itself but, the idea of eating it like they did in medieval times without forks etc. I think we had a half a cornish hen, 1 or 2 potato wedges and some kind of soup to drink out of a bowl. And what my Aunt Mary used to call a "jelly jar" of wine. That's all I can remember.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:02 PM   #47
Master Chef

Quote:
I don't blame you. It's really not about the food itself but, the idea of eating it like they did in medieval times without forks etc. I think we had a half a cornish hen, 1 or 2 potato wedges and some kind of soup to drink out of a bowl. And what my Aunt Mary used to call a "jelly jar" of wine. That's all I can remember.
yup dry chicken, onion soup, plain baked potato, soda and a cookie.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #48
Sous Chef

LOL Hasn't changed much huh?
Old 08-16-2009, 05:14 PM   #49
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
i am italian and my family NEVER had that!!
Never had what?
kades
Old 08-16-2009, 05:18 PM   #50
Master Chef

Quote:
LOL Hasn't changed much huh?
LOL you got potato wedges my girls got a whole baked potato and didn't know what to do with it!! they didn't want to eat it like an apple. all in all they didn't eat much. LOL