"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 08-18-2009, 12:26 PM   #61
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Webster View Post
a chocolate fountain with plenty of fruit and pound cake, but ....no forks or skewers only fingers (compound this by using the same scenario at a 5 year olds birthday party. Can you say "time to re-carpet?"
~¿ô
Ew.

You realize that stuff doesn't get hot enough to kill the (rapidly reproducing and mounting in that situation) bacteria, don't you?

Disease fountain! Yum!

(Youtube didn't like us publishing full feature length shows....)
TheMetalChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:05 PM   #62
Senior Cook

Hahaha!! I like this post. It makes me think of my first dating when I was in high school. I had spaghetti as my dinner, and it killed me!! hahaha After that I have never had spaghetti unless I'm in private.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:44 PM   #63
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave the baker View Post
Just for the heck of it, and this going back a ways, does anyone remember the eating scene in the movie "Tom Jones"?
I surely do remember that. I was a young teen, and I recall feeling like an intruder watching that scene. One of the truly sexy AND sensuous movie scenes of all time, imho.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:44 PM   #64
Assistant Cook

hmmmmm. i eat these in private because no one wants to join me. fermented stinky tofu. 40 clove garlic bread. spicy deep fried pigs intestines. chicken butt yakitori. boiled pigs blood. sea cucumber. chicken feet dim sum. roasted fish heads. braised pigs feet. beef tongue tataki. blowfish sashimi. chicken tenderloin sashimi. fermented seaweed paste. blood braised chicken eggs. y u m.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:49 PM   #65
Chief Eating Officer

You had me until this
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinhong View Post
chicken tenderloin sashimi
Is that even safe to eat?
Old 08-18-2009, 03:10 PM   #66
Assistant Cook

most definitely. well nothings "safe" to eat by FDA standards. beef has ecoli and chicken has salmonella. beef has a tenderloin that has been "untainted" and can be eaten raw as well as other cuts of meat that are never in actual contact with germs from the outside. same applies for chicken and its tenderloin. careful butchering and knife cleaning or knife changing is required in order of the most sanitary way of removing the tenderloin. enjoy.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:28 PM   #67
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinhong View Post
well nothings "safe" to eat by FDA standards. beef has ecoli and chicken has salmonella.
Well I am not sure I would agree with that. the FDA might go overboard on some things, but there are plenty of safe things according to them.

Sure chicken has salmonella, but the difference between eating properly cooked chicken and raw chicken is that salmonella is killed with heat.

If you enjoy your chicken sashimi though then go for it. I am not one to stand in the way of someone enjoying something. For me, the taste and texture of undercooked chicken is very unappealing so raw chicken, safe or not, would not be my cup of tea.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:19 PM   #68
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Well I am not sure I would agree with that. the FDA might go overboard on some things, but there are plenty of safe things according to them.

Sure chicken has salmonella, but the difference between eating properly cooked chicken and raw chicken is that salmonella is killed with heat.

If you enjoy your chicken sashimi though then go for it. I am not one to stand in the way of someone enjoying something. For me, the taste and texture of undercooked chicken is very unappealing so raw chicken, safe or not, would not be my cup of tea.
Blast it with gamma radiation and everything is safe to eat raw.

What I said is true, but I don't think I'd like many of the meats I eat in their raw state, especially chicken and fish (I know they're to die for, but you can keep sashimi, balut, and other such gourmet edibles, thank you).

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
(and yet, this guy eats potted meat)

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #69
Senior Cook

For me, the food I have to eat in private has more to do with embarrassment than messiness. For instance, no one understands my love for toasted peanut butter and tomato sandwiches, except for my family. So, in order to avoid being mocked, I must make and eat them on the sly :)

http://www.homemade-soup-recipes.com/
ErikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:13 AM   #70
Sous Chef

Oh and your first birthday cake has to be eaten in private!

:P